Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Anyone want to share any French Toast recipes?
Lonnehart at 10:12PM, July 27, 2008
(online)
I've tried making French Toast, but I keep messing it all up. I was told that the basic recipe were eggs, water, and bread. Too bad the monstrosity I keep cooking up doesn't taste anything like what I'd find in a family restaurant. And I need to figure out a way to get that green fur off the bread… Okay. I'm just kidding about the green fur. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Bocaj at 10:23PM, July 27, 2008
(online)
Lonnehart
I've tried making French Toast, but I keep messing it all up. I was told that the basic recipe were eggs, water, and bread. Too bad the monstrosity I keep cooking up doesn't taste anything like what I'd find in a family restaurant. And I need to figure out a way to get that green fur off the bread… Okay. I'm just kidding about the green fur. :)
Bread, MILK/CREAM and eggs!
Big difference!!

Also, I like to add a little nutmeg.

Thirdly, you may be over soaking your bread. Just a quick-ish dip should be nice.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
InYourFace at 11:41PM, July 27, 2008
(offline)
Chewy-gooey chocolaty artery-clogging French Toast

Bread, milk/cream, egg, nutmeg, Nutella chocolate toast spread.

make a mix of milk/cream, egg and grated nutmeg and dip your bread in, make sure both sides get soaked in this stuff. Place the first piece of bread into a hot pan and cook both sides. Repeat for other piece. Final touch - take a large spoonful of nutella and place a gob right in the center of one piece of toast and place the other on top for a sandwich. Quickly cook a little longer to make sure the chocolate heats up and melts, spreading itself.

Serve and enjoy the fact you cut 5 yrs off your life.
What a side of diabetes with that? Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream when the bread's still warm.

=)
“SupercalifragolistickIdon'tgiveacrapitastic” - Steel Daimond (issue to come)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Fenn at 10:00AM, July 28, 2008
(offline)
There's a recipe? I just point to the picture on the Denny's menu.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
Lonnehart at 2:59PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
Fenn
There's a recipe? I just point to the picture on the Denny's menu.

I love Denny's French Toast. I think they use cinnamon in their mix. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon