Networking & Community Projects*

Artist looking for comic book work, jack of all trades.
sandicents at 9:59AM, Aug. 30, 2010
(offline)
Ok, here’s my thing:
My name is Sandra Lanz and I am an aspiring artist!
Background. I have published work as the artist for Saint James Co.'s flagship comic book title “Ex Occultus,” for which I did sequential art as well as concept art, storyboarding, layout, design, inks, colors, and cover art. I’ve also recently graduated with a Bachelor’s in Fine Arts concentrating in Drawing & Painting.
IMPORTANT: I am now looking for a project that will challenge and push me to hone my skills as a “jack of all trades” illustrator. Ideally, I hope to find an employer who will appreciate my dedication, work ethic, and stylistic flexibility. I welcome criticism and feel I have a lot to gain from editorial supervision/direction.
(please hire me)
More Background. I have been interested in illustrative narratives since I was very young, and have focused on exploring the potential of sequential art in my independent artistic research. My portfolio shows my prolific curiosity and passion for this stuff. As a manger at a local comic book store for the past 3 years I have developed a strong admiration for the graphic novel format, and I am of the belief that if treated properly comic books can and should be regarded as fine art.
Below I have posted a variety of work, but I also encourage anyone who might be interested in seeing more of my portfolio to visit my website http://www.SandraLanz.com. There you will find my updated resume, contact info, and blog.
Unequivocally,
Sandra Lanz

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
shastab24 at 2:30PM, Aug. 30, 2010
(online)
Oh wow. Your art is great. If I had money, I would try to get you to draw something I've written.

But that may be the problem here. I would assume that Drunk Duck is a place where many people are trying to break into the industry, or just put out their comic, and so we likely as a majority do not have any money.

Unless you're willing to work for free, which I doubt with art that good. My scripts are here if you are willing to work for free.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
Genejoke at 2:51PM, Aug. 30, 2010
(online)
I was thinking the same, great art, but possibly the wrong place to find paid work, but good luck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Corvin at 4:17PM, Aug. 30, 2010
(offline)
Sandra,

I tried navigating your website, but there are several bugs that make navigation difficult. Namely, the sidebar menu doesn't scroll down in Firefox or IE.

I do like the realism in your artwork, and I have a couple of projects I need artists for. See the thread I started here for more details. If you are still interested after reading that, contact me so we can start talking about it.

Corvin
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:46AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon