Networking & Community Projects*

Artist seeking scripts for short projects/one shots
Sei at 6:36AM, July 11, 2010
(online)
I'd like to practise a bit on my art and challenge myself as an artist SO, have any shorts you'd like for me to draw? I'm mostly a manga style artist but I've dabbled a bit on Noir.

SHORT PROJECTS ONLY. Maximum number of pages: 25. 30 would be pushing it, but I'll have to read the script to see if I really like it (or if it inspires me).

I don't care what genre. As long as it's feasible and is to my liking, it's all good. Write a short description (about two paragraphs long) of it and if it strikes my interest, I'll ask you to email me the script.

On an entirely different note, if you'd like to trade scripts, and you'd like to draw something for me, let me know too. But for the most part, I'd like to be the artist for now :D.

Thanks,
~Sei.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Genejoke at 7:38AM, July 11, 2010
(online)
Hello,
I or rather we (being myself and jabberwockyjones) are looking for artists for Malefic tales, which is a series of one shots set within the demon apocalypse of malefic.
We have a few ready to go and more in the works, see below. the first two are written by JabberwockyJones.

–Autopsy Idea–
A team of Doctor's performs an autopsy on the carcass of one of the invading creatures, and get more then they bargained for where the results are not what they expected.
(Short)

–School Idea–
A teenage runaway returns to her home and finds her former life horrifyingly twisted by the demonic invasion.
(Longer)

Satanic mantra's farewell gig.
A heavy metal band are playing an open air festival as all hell breaks loose. narrative heavy, less than ten pages.

Link to thread about the project

http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=53584&cid=236

Link to the comic.
http://www.drunkduck.com/Malefic_Tales/index.php?p=697597
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Sei at 8:31PM, July 11, 2010
(online)
Hi Genejoke, those ideas of the stories you have at the moment, have any scripts been written out yet? The autopsy idea is ideal for me because it's short, but the school idea is more appealing to me. How long do you think those pages will be? If you have any of the pages written up, maybe you could email them to me so that I can take a look over them and see if perhaps I can actually work on those.

My email address is akitotarou.at.gmail.com.

Thanks.
Kixo at 4:54AM, July 12, 2010
(offline)
I'm currently working on an adventure story, based in jungle environment. About a young man washed on the shores of an island with amnesia, and taken to the village of the native people. And he is going to help them fight a mysterious creature.

If you like I could send you the script I've written so far.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Sei at 5:21AM, July 12, 2010
(online)
Kixo
I'm currently working on an adventure story, based in jungle environment. About a young man washed on the shores of an island with amnesia, and taken to the village of the native people. And he is going to help them fight a mysterious creature.

If you like I could send you the script I've written so far.

Hey Kixo, I am looking for a short project that will only last about 25 pages. If your story fits that criteria, sure, go ahead and send me the script. I'll take a look at it C:.
ZananIV at 7:17AM, July 15, 2010
(online)
I want to write an extremely goofy story parodying those “Paranormal Investigations” series. The story concerns top-secret Paranormal-Investigations team P.I.C.T.O.G.R.A.P.H. and their newest member, a young, know-it-all intern named Pete Vandal. They have to learn to get along while they prevent a destructive civil war between two factions of super-intelligent Dolphins that threatens to damage the American fishing industry.

If you want to draw this, I could get the script to you quickly =P.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
Sei at 1:47PM, July 15, 2010
(online)
ZananIV
I want to write an extremely goofy story parodying those “Paranormal Investigations” series. The story concerns top-secret Paranormal-Investigations team P.I.C.T.O.G.R.A.P.H. and their newest member, a young, know-it-all intern named Pete Vandal. They have to learn to get along while they prevent a destructive civil war between two factions of super-intelligent Dolphins that threatens to damage the American fishing industry.

If you want to draw this, I could get the script to you quickly =P.

Hey ZananIV, sounds like an interesting concept. Firstly, I'd like to ask, what does PICTOGRAPH stand for? lol.

Sure, send me the script, I'm kinda curious what happens in the end now.
zRiff at 11:15AM, July 16, 2010
(offline)
I'm writing a story called moon men, its about astronauts who smuggle a pound of weed to the moon. Read my post if you want to learn more about it.
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=53986&cid=236
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
Sei at 11:32AM, July 16, 2010
(online)
zRiff
I'm writing a story called moon men, its about astronauts who smuggle a pound of weed to the moon. Read my post if you want to learn more about it.
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=53986&cid=236

Hi zRiff,

I've read your description in your post but I can't stress this enough, my maximum limit is 25 pages. Your story feels as though it stretches beyond that, as you've just mentioned that the short paragraph you've summarized is just the start of your story. So I'm to believe there are more things to develop which means more pages. If you can write out the script and limit it to 25 pages, I won't mind at all taking a look at it.
zRiff at 11:37AM, July 16, 2010
(offline)
I'll see if I can lower it to 25 , but I highly doubt it, it's okay if you can't, my story will probably exceed 25 pages, but thanks anyway. ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
Sei at 12:08PM, July 16, 2010
(online)
zRiff
I'll see if I can lower it to 25 , but I highly doubt it, it's okay if you can't, my story will probably exceed 25 pages, but thanks anyway. ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion though zRiff, and good luck with your story.
Michael Sacal at 5:58PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
I am a writer looking for artists willing to work on short stories of five to seven pages in length in exchange for an ownership percentage of the intellectual property.

I am currently looking for artists to collaborate on the following stories for Red Leaf Comics Presents, an anthology published by Red Leaf Comics:

Uppyr

Uppyr is a horror story about the last Zaporizhian Cossack, who Lilith, the Queen of the Demons, transforms into an Uppyr (a Russian vampire) to create discord between him and his wife.

Legacy of Terror

Legacy of Terror is a horror/adventure story in which the modern descendant of Abraham Van Helsing must gather the descendants of other legendary monster hunters to protect them from an evil bent on revenge.

The Grandfather Paradox

The Grandfather Paradox is a superhero story in which an unconscientious man finds himself catapulted through time to the final days of World War II, where he saves the life of his grandfather, a Nazi scientist who transforms the Earth into a virtual utopia that conceals a slave country beneath the appearance of peace, which he must now expose.

These stories have publishing spots in the aforementioned anthology, but they need artists to be produced.

As a writing example, I’d like to submit the first page of Uppyr In PDF format. I recommend you save it to your computer, not download it as it is a big file.

If interested, you may contact me at michaelsacal@heroictendencies.com

As you can judge from the sample page, my scripts are rather detailed and, when possible, include references images for locations, characters, and objects. Even so, I do give
artists some artistic leeway when possible. I prefer when the artists does a rough storyboard based on the script for review before s/he commits to a page.

I prefer western and realistic artwork, no manga or cartoony style.

Thanks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon