Networking & Community Projects*

Community art project comic
shastab24 at 12:29AM, April 6, 2011
(online)
I have a comic called The Broken (not the zombie comic, which is a respectably established comic and, as far as I know, not a community project) which, since I can't draw, I have opened up as a community project. Actually, I did this a while ago but only now have explained things at what I consider a satisfactory level.

The comic is a superhero comic which has very little superheroics and treats itself more as a high school drama (the superheroics are coming, but this project actually calls for quite a few quiet moments). A major note to give: one of the main characters is transgender, and I realize not everyone is okay with this, so I give you the chance to back out without becoming too invested.

As far as art styles desired: I am very lenient on this. Whatever art style works, I say (though I might be hostile towards stick figures, unless you can do awesome stick figures). Though it is a superhero comic, an upcoming page is in a manga style, and I would be flattered to see somebody take the time to do a photo comic page.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
mikemacdee at 2:53AM, April 6, 2011
(online)
I'm not sure what you're requesting here. Are you looking for an artist? Several artists? Short comics that suit the theme?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
shastab24 at 3:11PM, April 6, 2011
(online)
I'm sorry. I should have elaborated. What I would like is to see who would be willing to draw at least a page of a script (“page” being subjective, as I don't actually break them down in my scripts). It's what I meant by community project: artists, as a community, contribute pages to the story. I see situations like in Heroes Unite and Heroes Allince and think that such could also work with this comic, except with myself providing all the writing (it's like with Relik, only likely not as well defined).

I would also be willing to color pages if artists just want to do lineart. I'm in the process of finalizing one page I colored of another's art (two panels are at odds with the rest of my script, and I'm waiting to see what the artist thinks needs to be done) and though my talent is minimal (a lot of the paint bucket tool in GIMP), I am decently satisfied with the results. Plus, I will always provide a link to where I will post the original page, so people can see where I screwed up the art.

I should have put that last paragraph in the original post.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon