Networking & Community Projects*

Interested in forming part of a graphic novel series? (Now recruiting serious members)
Yuzix at 10:29PM, April 19, 2008
(online)
Hello, Spherix is an idea that has been carefully in the planning for almost 2 years now. The main idea is to release a whole series of graphic novels in an eventuality. For the time being I'm focusing on producing a complete volume 1. But for this project to be successful I'm looking to build a strong solid team. There are currently four members already including me but we require more people. Thi is a huge project.

What we're looking for
We are looking for people who are willing to see this through to the end of production and won't quit half way through the process. This will be a long tedious task but not without it's rewards. We need responsible team members who can meet deadlines and carry out their contributions.

We need members experienced in the following:

Character Design
Digital Coloring
Inking
Editor
Lettering

Where we're going with this
We have many plans for this project and among those plans is buying a web hosting so our project will have a “home base” if you will. Spherix was invented by me with one goal in mind: Publishing. I'm prepared to make sacrifices to see that this project is carried out and turned into a really well, thought out/ cutting edge volume one graphic novel. Should there someday be a profit those who did their part and helped will receive a reward for their work.

The Plot Behind Spherix
Here is a very general summary about what the Spherix series is all about: (Note that volume one will not see the resolution of this conflict but will merely serve as an introduction for the whole series):

The world of Spherix has been torn apart by two opposing sides, one that will see to it that the whole world is consumed by darkness and evil and one that will do everything in power to make sure that all that is right and just prevails. To stop this potential evil in it's tracks four teenagers with completely different personalities and mindsets have been recruited. Armed only with their Spherix and knowledge gained from an academy they are expected to tip the balance towards good. But how will they manage to take on an army of evil when they have problems deciding who is the team captain? Heads will collide, enemies and alliances alike will be created, rivalries will be formed and Spherix will duel…

*Spherix: Are elemental beasts used for duels.

Drawing style
The drawing style we're trying to adapt here is manga/fantasy. A new original style is being developed so it may add a touch of uniqueness to the series. But our core style will be manga although it is not yet a final decision.

Our Target Audience
We hope Spherix can be a series that everyone will enjoy but our target audience is kids ages 12 through 18.

Conclusion
With all of that said this pretty much sums up what our project is about and what we have to offer. If you are interested in becoming a part of this you can send me a message or post saying so. I require that you tell me in which of the mentioned areas you are interested in helping with and some previous work you have done as proof of skill. Note that the summary plot is extremely general and the actual story will be much deeper and detailed. This much is given to the public audience but those who are recruited will be given full access to the plot in detail. ;)

Thank you for you time. :)Any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask. ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:53PM
Kxela at 9:20AM, April 23, 2008
(online)
the plot sounds a bit cliche… but not that its bad, orginality nowdays comes from taking cliche ideas and putting your own interpretation…

that aside, sounds pretty cool. its a bit hard to picture this project completely with what you posted but I may be interested.

check my Deviantart for my stuff

http://kxela.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Yuzix at 12:10PM, April 23, 2008
(online)
Kxela
the plot sounds a bit cliche… but not that its bad, orginality nowdays comes from taking cliche ideas and putting your own interpretation…

that aside, sounds pretty cool. its a bit hard to picture this project completely with what you posted but I may be interested.

check my Deviantart for my stuff

http://kxela.deviantart.com/
Your work is very impressive. ^__^
Yeah I know the “plot” that I put out there is very commonly used. I'll send you some in-depth information on it and then you can decide if it's of your best interest. Would you rather have me send you the inforamtion via Email or through a private message? :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:53PM
Kxela at 1:10PM, April 23, 2008
(online)
email would be good
I really dont like DD's PM system right now -3-
but i'll pm my email to you
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon