Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Live Strong
seventy2 at 1:30PM, Aug. 14, 2010
(online)

Lance Armstrong is my hero. The dude was diagnosed with testicular cancer, that had moved into his brain and lungs. He was projected to die. 3 years later he won his first Tour De France, of 7… in a row.

http://www.livestrong.org/
This is his foundation to get involved with cancer patients, and treatments, and communities, and anything involving cancer.

He has also partnered with Nike to Bring a brand forward that all profits go directly to cancer research.
It's not just sport clothing. you can get normal T-shirts, and wristbands as well. So support the cause, and buy some brand clothing.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Red Slayer at 10:34PM, Aug. 21, 2010
(online)
I drink strong. Mostly rum.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Randal at 10:47AM, Aug. 22, 2010
(offline)
I have a hard time respecting guys who do the “fame trade up.” It's not always guys, but you know those people who get famous and all of a sudden, their pre-fame husband or wife no longer seems as appealing as the advances they're getting from starlets and singers… (CoughSherylCrowCough)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
skoolmunkee at 1:36PM, Aug. 22, 2010
(offline)
Yeah, sadly enough, that's something I remember about him. I don't think someone's personal life should have too much to do with their fame, but that's just how it is sometimes.

Still, the guy has accomplished a lot, and you gotta give him credit for starting the whole plastic bracelets thing. It was a good fundraising idea and it's nice to see people using their fame to directly benefit charities and others. I understand he's also got a personal fitness/health website which some people I know have used to help them track their food, etc and lose weight.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Randal at 2:27PM, Aug. 22, 2010
(offline)
I'm not saying he's done no good, just that my thoughts about him are regrettably bittersweet. However, I feel sometimes people are meant to do things we look upon as awful in order to trigger a need for atonement to unlock the potential good inside them. That said, I don't think he's doing this to atone for being a douche bag. I think he genuinely feels he's a superhero.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon