Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Loners
kyupol at 2:56PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(online)

There always has to be a loner in any comic I produce (or will produce in the future). Regardless of genre, there just has to be.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Custard Trout at 3:01PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(offline)
Sidwarrious
Ow, my ass.

I don't trust you people who call yourself loners. You're gonna come into DD one day and blow us all up.

The dynamite is a fashion accessory, nothing more.

kyupol
There always has to be a loner in any comic I produce (or will produce in the future). Regardless of genre, there just has to be.

So are you a loner? That's the big question today. Answer now for a shot at winning a brand new car.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
Sidwarrious at 3:11PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(online)
Custard Trout
The dynamite is a fashion accessory, nothing more.

Well you look very sexy and Lonery in it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
imshard at 4:30PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(offline)
My lack of social skills makes me a loner by nature.
I have friends though, and I prefer to have some company with me instead of being alone.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:57PM
GOD_OF_DEATH at 6:55PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(offline)
I for sure aint a loner

but at times can be completely isolated from everyone.
I miss BABAARS NINJAAR house, great memories, Ah, APPLES to APPLES
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
Coveinant at 7:32PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(online)
Yes, I'm a loner. Trust me, it's best if I don't get close to anybody. So yeah leave it at that.
Enter my contests and be happy about your ideas.

go here, I may have left you something good
CJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
Custard Trout at 8:03PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(offline)
Coveinant
Yes, I'm a loner. Trust me, it's best if I don't get close to anybody. So yeah leave it at that.

We already knew that.

Or are you trying to be strange and mysterious again? Stop it, it's really annoying.
kyupol at 9:07PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(online)
Custard Trout
Coveinant

We already knew that.

Or are you trying to be strange and mysterious again? Stop it, it's really annoying.

This reminds me of the old days in this forum. (Yes I've been here since the early days of drunkduck. waaayyy before dudes like ozone and some moderators even came here.)

I was a miserable loner and very angry cuz I cant tolerate that shit because I was 18 or 19 or maybe younger that time.

And so I posted up on the forums about it. Full of rants about how much I hate life and all that cliche suicidal crap that comes with it. Then how nobody understands it cuz nobody been through it blablabla… And then all that bull about not being able to get a girlfriend. All that whining about how to get a girlfriend. Now I lmao at that crap because now I KNOW FOR A FACT that trying to ‘impress’ a girl is a complete waste of time. Either its go or not. The first 10 seconds says it and no amount of bullshit from you will change that. lol

Anyway,

Some people liked me for it while the majority DONT.

And then I got flamed instead of being helped. Because I'm ANNOYING am I? I'm ANNOYING because I spilled my shit on the forums. Yes I'm ANNOYING because I showed weakness. Because a man is not supposed to show instances of weakness because it is ANNOYING to the general public.

Now I'm a bit older (in my early 20s) and nothing has changed. In fact maybe it got worse since I now have to worry about paying bills and putting food on the table over and above the fact that family relations are getting strained like shit gonna hit the fan or something (any second now it is possible shit would hit the fan).

I just learned how to deal with it (guess I'm more mature now and got bigger balls lol). And just treat it like a FACT that the world SUCKS. Just like how the sky is blue. The sky wont turn red or orange or purple no matter how many tears of whining I shed about it. The laws of gravity will not change no matter how much I cry about it.

Carry on.
kyupol at 9:15PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(online)
And btw this thread just helped me brainstorm. Thank you all.
Sidwarrious at 9:24PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(online)
Then you owe me 50 bucks!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
subcultured at 9:42PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(online)
kyu sounds like a geezer telling this story over and over ^_-
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
Custard Trout at 11:51PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(offline)
I don't get it kyupol, are you yelling at me or what? I followed you up until the end of the first paragraph but then you seem to have forgotten what you were talking about.
SarahN at 11:56PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(online)
Dude, I even want to kill everyone around me when I go shopping!

Wait, who doesn't?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
kyupol at 8:31AM, Nov. 19, 2007
(online)
subcultured
kyu sounds like a geezer telling this story over and over ^_-

I feel old sometimes though. Maybe if I didnt do regular exercise and act like a slacker like most 20 something people nowadays, I'd develop arthritis. lol!
CharleyHorse at 9:28AM, Nov. 19, 2007
(offline)
I'm not positive, but I think kyupol won the car contest. Pay up Custard Trout!

Loner? Mostly, yeah, because people get on my nerves. That's okay, though, I've always been happy to return the favor. Keeps the karmic scales balanced, don't you know.

Call me crazy but I'm going waaaaay out on a limb here and speculate that more artistic types are loners than not. Of course now you've got to set up parameters for degree of lone - er - wolfishness? Between the hypothetical zero and three buddies that you more or less hang with, does that mean you are a loner? That sort of thing.

Aside from the wife and a household full of cats and a brother that I can stand to be around on holidays, I ain't got nobody that I don't have to see or deal with in order to bring in the green stuff - money that is.

Psssst . . . the thing is that if you really, genuinely are the loner type then there's not one hell of a lot you can do to change things. this is because we tend to be - believe it or not - social maladroits. hey, no fooling. I read about it on the back of a beer coaster. That sorce wouldn't lie, now would it? Not that you can't try to cultivate friends – although it's probably a lot less effort to cultivate enemies. Drinking seems to help. Standing up to buy rounds for these theoretical buddies helps even more.

But cheer up! Being a loner is a GOOD thing. It saves you a great deal of money and skull sweat. For instance, you don't have to wonder what to wear at parties OR funerals. Now that's a huge silver lining.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
Rutger at 10:54AM, Nov. 19, 2007
(offline)
I'm kind of a loner. I'm usually over here, so I must be. I've got a few friends who I hang out with, but there's also times that I don't see anyone for a while and just do my own thing. I'm not socially inept though, I can pretty much make friends with anyone you throw at me. Please don't throw Cov at me…
I'm a very laid back guy, not realy into any kind of ‘group’ like goth, emo, metal, whatever…I just go with it, which I guess makes me kind of easy to hang out with. Sometimes I come off as uncaring though, so I guess I could tone down the ‘Yeah, sure, fine by me’ attitude from time to time.

K.A.L.A.-dan! rutGAR desu!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:14PM
Dave7 at 8:41PM, Nov. 19, 2007
(online)
I was a loner all throughout highschool (I literally would not talk to ANYONE; some of my classmates even thought I might one day go crazy and pull a Columbine). Then by my Freshman year of college, I finally opened up to people, and now I seem to know at least 4 people in every dorm on campus.

Of course, now I have a new problem: nobody will leave me alone!
Post your concerns about the preview page! Support raw html! http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics
]http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics

“That is not dead can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons death may die.”
~H.P. Lovecraft

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
ShadowDion at 11:08PM, Nov. 22, 2007
(offline)
when do you think being a loner becomes unhealthy?
yeah, i know that some people by nature enjoy their own space (introverts, etc) but when do it become to debilhitate your social interactions to a dangerous point?
i'm not saying it's bad to be a loner, but when do you think it is?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:32PM
Custard Trout at 11:23PM, Nov. 22, 2007
(offline)
ShadowDion
when do you think being a loner becomes unhealthy?
yeah, i know that some people by nature enjoy their own space (introverts, etc) but when do it become to debilhitate your social interactions to a dangerous point?
i'm not saying it's bad to be a loner, but when do you think it is?

I suppose it's when you get to the point that you start ignoring people completely (not necessarily on purpose, but because you're not used to people talking to you or you're lost in your own thoughts) and/or you try to leave your house/room/flat/cage as little as possible.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon