Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Prinny, doods.
kitetsu at 8:05AM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
Hay guyz. New prinny around here. Heard about DD like last year, and i thought that it looks pretty noob-friendly for html illiterates like me.

Me, i might prolly lurk around a few threads, do the occasional pic for an art activity. It's strange, but i'm gradually having more and more difficulty to make a post with the most intentions. But anyway, i've come with a question that might defile some people's shrines.

What is the limit of the general artistic freedom here?

Yes, that doesn't sound much like a touchy question, but… Right now, i'm looking for a place that'll someday host my comics (which i'll probably complete 20 years from now), like here and ComicGenesis. Sounds easy enough, but i'm having my worries about the repercussions i'd get for being a bit too free with what i produce. The reason for that is because i…

- … have a thing for lovecraftian things. The more grotesque said thing is, the better.

- … want to make a story premise that's “real”. By that i mean, um, you know, just drawing it there, not much censoring, etc. From somewhat raunchy scenes to scenes of disaster, where everyone is hurt/dead/killed and yet it's all unscripted, just like in TV.

And some more.

I do apologize in advance if i'm asking a bit too much. But to be honest, i'd best be disappointed upon finding out that a venue, or most venues don't/won't accommodate enough freedom so that i can really stretch my imagination very far, rather than be upset and embittered at a simple mistake that could cost me dearly.

Now that that's aside… *malfunctionsanddies*
Greed is the root of all evil. Not money.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
AQua_ng at 8:40AM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
Welcome prin- kitetsu.

To my recollection, I see no problem for you to draw people getting their heads lopped off and the like. I mean, you're pretty free with what you can do with your own work, but I think it's best for you to put in some kind of warning/rating attached onto it.

Just do what you think is best.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:58AM
Custard Trout at 8:44AM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
Actually, artistic freedom here is rather limited, there are a couple of rules you need to keep in mind:

(Note: punishment for all offences is death, in the event of a seperate punishment being mentioned, we will carry out that one first, then kill you.)

Never use the colour red in a comic intended to update on a Thursday.

Elbows are never allowed to be seen on pain of more pain.

Don't draw eyebrows.

Sex scenes are fine, but only if both participants (hur hur ‘pants’ ) wear silly hats.

And the most important rule of all:

NEVER, EVER, DRAW A NOSE.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
Steely Gaze at 9:33AM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
Welcome! I think Aqua_ng answered your question very well, but I think I'll just reiterate: label your comic accordingly! If it has adult subject matter, then you rate it M. If it's tastefully censored, you rate it T. It all depends on what you have planned of course, but those are the basic rules.

Oh, and a spare rule to remember, avoid the cola. That is, if you actually intend to live a long life and finish your comic. If not…hey what the heck! Playing Russian Roulette would be safer.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
amanda at 10:53AM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
Yay for Lovecraft - and yay for you joining up with the Duck.
What does prinny mean?
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
crazyninny at 1:02PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
Hello, you may worship meh nnnnnnnnnnnn-now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Lord Shplane at 1:36PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
Welcome to the duck ^_^

crazyninny
Hello, you may worship meh nnnnnnnnnnnn-now.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:42PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 2:51PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
kitetsu
i thought that it looks pretty noob-friendly for html illiterates like me.

They put up with me. Of course they're noob friendly.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
Orange at 4:38PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
What's a prinny…?

Anywayy…hey there!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
kitetsu at 9:25PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
Much thanks, you guys. Now i can really consider DD an alternative just as good as CG, and i'll *always* remember to rate my pages. Everybody hates confusing people.

Speaking of labels, am i able to individually rate/label my pages? Like “G” on one page, and then “NC-17” on the next.

Lastly:

These are prinnies, doods!
Greed is the root of all evil. Not money.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Lord Shplane at 9:51PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
kitetsu
Much thanks, you guys. Now i can really consider DD an alternative just as good as CG, and i'll *always* remember to rate my pages. Everybody hates confusing people.

Speaking of labels, am i able to individually rate/label my pages? Like “G” on one page, and then “NC-17” on the next.

Lastly:

These are prinnies, doods!

LolDisgaeaReferencelol
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:42PM
ElTipejoLoco at 1:20AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(offline)
HTML illiteracy? Allowed.

Fascination with Disgaea's Prinnies? Allowed.

Mature content in a Comic tagged Mature (Adult Audiences)? Allowed.

Custard Trout's insane antics? Allowed.

Hello, welcome, avoid lukewarm beverages, don't explode on the mods/admins, and take off that ridiculous hat. Otherwise, have fun!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon