Comic Talk and General Discussion *

random talents?
Generic Human at 5:20PM, March 20, 2007
(online)
Talent? Not really a talent, but rather a honed skill.:kitty: but I can pull off all the combos in mortal kombat, give me a try or two.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
subcultured at 5:25PM, March 20, 2007
(online)
i hated doing the fatalities…i can never get them right. it's like trying to play the piano.

what was it…up up down down left right left arrrrggggg (throws control at opponent)
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
Generic Human at 5:32PM, March 20, 2007
(online)
subcultured
i hated doing the fatalities…i can never get them right. it's like trying to play the piano.

what was it…up up down down left right left arrrrggggg (throws control at opponent)

fatalities are cake compared to some of the combos where you have to switch between fighting styles. O_o;; that's new games though. I don't remember there being more than one fighting style in the old games.

besides, throwing your control at the person your playing with works just as well.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
WingNut at 7:46PM, March 20, 2007
(offline)
Phantom Penguin
LIZARD_B1TE
I have the amazing ability to enjoy music that nobody else enjoys.

…I'm so lonely…

You like Moby?

Naw, he likes PuddleOfNickleCreed.

Best. Band. EAVR!

-W
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
jgib99 at 10:12PM, March 20, 2007
(online)
WingNut
Phantom Penguin
LIZARD_B1TE
I have the amazing ability to enjoy music that nobody else enjoys.

…I'm so lonely…

You like Moby?

Naw, he likes PuddleOfNickleCreed.

Best. Band. EAVR!

-W

Not as good as LinkinKoRnBizkit!!

As for useless talents. Unless being able to memorize every line from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Breakfast Club counts, I don't have anything.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
Adariel at 2:34AM, March 28, 2007
(offline)
I can generate a lot of static just by sitting in my desk, whenever someone else comes close enough to touch either the static jumps or just goes tingly on our skins, weird.
Pretty funky though, we climbed onto a condo tower helipad after a thunderstorm once, if i put my hands 6 inches apart you can see the static threads jump about.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
Roguehill at 5:48AM, March 28, 2007
(offline)
I have brief flashes where I can see the future.

Not anything super important, mind you, just ordinary life events. When it happens, I can either leave things alone and watch them unfold, or take acts to change them.
No, I can't do it when I want to, which makes it more of a curiosity than than a useful skill.

The very interesting part of this is if I take action to change things, then what I saw never happened…which isn't really possible, since I saw it happen.
…unless of course, both events DID happen.

It makes a person feel quite peculiar about the shape of reality.

GHOST ZERO
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
AQua_ng at 9:09AM, March 28, 2007
(offline)
Roguehill

Not anything super important, mind you, just ordinary life events. When it happens, I can either leave things alone and watch them unfold, or take acts to change them.
No, I can't do it when I want to, which makes it more of a curiosity than than a useful skill.

The very interesting part of this is if I take action to change things, then what I saw never happened…which isn't really possible, since I saw it happen.

Same here.

I tried changing the future, but it always plays out to how I visioned it. But it is possible, I've done it before.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:55AM
Adariel at 8:31PM, March 28, 2007
(offline)
AQua_ng
Roguehill

Same here.

I tried changing the future, but it always plays out to how I visioned it. But it is possible, I've done it before.

OMG that makes 3 of us, pretty creepy stuff ain't it? Once i told a friend whats gonna happen, sure enough 5 minutes later it did happen, he was so freaked out, then started asking if i could do that with lottery numbers

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
Roguehill at 5:44AM, March 29, 2007
(offline)
You know, the older I get, the more I think that the unworldly and bizarre is just about as common as housedust!
You just wait…one of these days it'll be lottery numbers and then…
WHAM!
…my life will be ruined. Have you read what happens to folks who win the lottery? Ugh. I'd much rather just have such an incredible talent that folks pay me sit and think up things. Now THAT's the way to get rich!)

GHOST ZERO
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
that kid yellow at 4:08PM, March 29, 2007
(online)
i can make more weird faces than Jim Carey
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
Darth Mongoose at 1:08AM, March 30, 2007
(online)
I have double jointed shoulders, and on an unrelated note, I can do a really good impression of Jane Horrocks (Babs from ‘Chicken Run’/ Bubble from ‘Absolutely Fabulous’).
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
Scialyte at 8:00PM, March 30, 2007
(offline)
I can turn pop songs into opera songs, and sing them in a vibretto.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 8:23PM, April 1, 2007
(offline)
Darth Mongoose
I have double jointed shoulders, and on an unrelated note, I can do a really good impression of Jane Horrocks (Babs from ‘Chicken Run’/ Bubble from ‘Absolutely Fabulous’).

HAHA I love Bubble!!! AbFab is just awesome!!! my favorite line is like:
edina: Inside of me there is a thin person screaming to get out!
her mom: Just the one, dear?

yay!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
sweetninja566 at 10:57PM, April 1, 2007
(online)
ummmm I can twist my tounge upside down both ways
… i don't know if thats neccesarily a talent
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Annhialator at 12:37AM, May 22, 2007
(online)
I can bend one eyebrow up and the other down and switch easily…strangely not many people i know pull that off well

and ummm the amazing ability to kill a conversation by telling a horrible joke (as in just not funny)…that counts right? :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
maritalbliss at 12:47AM, May 22, 2007
(online)
Kristen Gudsnuk
today I discovered that I have an uncanny knack for untangling things. like, things that are REALLY badly tangled. Unfortunately, like almost all of my skills (my 1337 h4|<z0r skills included) it's basically useless.

what are YOUR random, useless talents?

(oh, also, if I turn off the lights before I get into bed, I can navigate perfectly in the dark, and can see IN MY MIND where everything is.)

I can roll my belly, like a belly dancer. I can also analyze literature (a useless skill) But, you wanted talents, not skills…I can make people cry by looking at them…I think my most useless talent is probably my level of competencey at Scrabble, like that'll get me anywhere.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
dueeast at 8:44AM, May 22, 2007
(offline)
I have double-joined thumbs and my fingernails grow extraordinarily fast and long (though I try to keep them human- and male-looking), so I've always called them my “claws.”

But I don't use them as such…haven't since I was a teen.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
shaneronzio at 9:04AM, May 22, 2007
(online)
I am very handy with computer programs.
This sometimes leads to people asking me to edit thier photos.

I don't mind helping a bit, sometimes, tho, the person just wants you to keep re-do-ing the picture… and re edit ing the picture and re fine ing the picture.
Then, I have lost 3 hours of quality time.
Some people are always shocked when I inform them that I am not a Charity.
Usually, this makes them more Clear with what they want Done.
As you get older, it isn't that time goes faster, it is just alot of Time is lost doing bullshit.

Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:32PM
maritalbliss at 10:36AM, May 22, 2007
(online)
Alexis
WingNut
Pshh, you want badass?

I can sing along with every disney song.

Ever.

-W

I can sing theme songe from cartoons that haven't been on the air since 1988. Jem, anyone? David the Gnome? How about Denver the Last Dinosaur?

I love you. I thought I was alone…That is TRULY OUTRAGEOUS! TRULY, TRULY, TRULY. (I also have a knack for themesongs…(and Disney)…I hadn't thought about that in years. I always break into Jem and Starblazers…for no reason.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
strong414bad at 12:47PM, May 22, 2007
(online)
I can talk in a really deep voice, can go into a candlestick and bend over so my knees are touching the ground, and I have actually licked my elbow (or at least come VERY close) a few times.
Why hello there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:59PM
Jules at 1:02PM, May 22, 2007
(online)
Besides the fact that I just found out I could draw better in Paint than on regular paper, I have no real ‘Random Talent’.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
Cthulhu at 4:51PM, May 22, 2007
(online)
I can do a few weird things…

1. Whistle, and hum at the same time.(It DOES make a weird U.F.O-type sound!)
2. Burp at will.
3. Burp the ABCs
4. Burp any word, or sentence.
5. I have the uncanny ability to not have many spelling/grammer problems in my posts.
6. I can put both my feet behind my head.
7. I can sit “Indian-style” upside-down.(Not have both of my feet under my legs, but on top of them)(Unless you're double-jointed in your legs, don't even try)
8. I dunno.
9. Still can't think of anything.
10. I got nothin'.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
LIZARD_B1TE at 5:56PM, May 22, 2007
(online)
Using nothing but my tongue, I can imitate the sound of a drumset being played. I can do that, combined with humming, to create musical numbers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
Neilak20 at 6:10PM, May 22, 2007
(offline)
Adariel
AQua_ng
Roguehill

Same here.

OMG that makes 3 of us, pretty creepy stuff ain't it? Once i told a friend whats gonna happen, sure enough 5 minutes later it did happen, he was so freaked out, then started asking if i could do that with lottery numbers

Ok I don't feel so strange now.
I just dream stuff that will happen sometimes. Once, at lunch, I slammed my hands down on the table, got up, and left the room because of it. Another time I knew the directions to Schlitterbaun and which house along the way would have a yard full of plastic pink flamingos. o_o My predictions are all useless XD

I can make a haiku that doesnt make sense. (was challenged to do so once)

I can “see” with my eyes closed sometimes, like Kisten Gudsnuk mentioned (her mentioning that makes me feel a bit better about being able to do it, I was thinking it was in my head…and it could still be XD )

I can be completely asleep and hold conversations with people, then when I awake my speech is slurred and I'm groggy with little to no memory of the conversation.

I still think I'm a bit strange.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 7:49PM, May 22, 2007
(offline)
I can move each eyebrow up and down independantly. Really fast. Like that one scene in me, myself, and irene. Quite useful for the real world.

I don't know how to blow my nose. (which I was told made me extremely talented)

I can do that one weird thing where I move my upper lip one direction and move my lower lip the opposite direction. Isn't that genetic?

I can make my voice really really high pitched. La.

Every time I make macaroni and cheese, I burn it. Maybe I should add water next time.

I'm so talented.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
thehothead at 11:25PM, May 22, 2007
(offline)
I can instantly create the perfect comeback to any insult aimed at a person other then me.
I can put my foot behind my head and do the crabwalk.
I can't snap my feet or whistle (not a talent but it's noteable)
I can connect most statements to something disturbing.
I have the incredible ability to independently come up with Ideas that already exist. (Literally, I thought up YouTube the night before I discovered it existed.)
I hate humanity. If you are intelligent/funny enough I might spare you in my inevitable killing rampage. Good luck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Cthulhu at 3:38AM, May 23, 2007
(online)
I can do anything with my tongue. I can turn it upside-down both ways, make the clover-thing, curl it into a circle, you name it, I can probably do it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
snark at 4:19AM, May 23, 2007
(offline)
I have an uncanny ability to pick out characters who are gonna die in TV series and movies. Shows that I have successfully predicted deaths of characters include Heroes and The Matrix (first one).

This is just a wild stab, but I reckon Nymphodora Tonks from Harry Potter is gonna be among those to bite the bullet in the last book, which sucks since she's far and away my favourite character in the series >_<
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
AQua_ng at 10:32AM, May 23, 2007
(offline)
Cthulhu
I can do anything with my tongue. I can turn it upside-down both ways, make the clover-thing, curl it into a circle, you name it, I can probably do it.

Continent of Southern America. Try that.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon