Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What do you do while Drawing?
BuddyParaiso at 4:31AM, Jan. 8, 2012
(offline)
I listen to Smooth Jazz…But If I need intense mood, I listen to music related to all my works to build up the mood:
For “ The Arboreal Fortress” I listen to Soothing New Age Music or to Michael Franks.
For “ The Haunters” I listen to Barenaked Ladies
For “ Further Adventures of Voltes V” I listen to Horrie Mitsuko and the Voltes V soundtrack
For “ The Basement ” Tone down smooth jazz will do.
For “ Super Bikini Girls” I listen to Kawaii Radio (Anime Music)
For “Warrior Girl Halihana” I listen to OPM (Original Filipino Music)
I've noticed much of the movies (Be them as live or 3D animation, continues to exhibit machismo tendencies (How subtle they maybe.) Even there are strong, female characters in a story, it is always the “Nerdie”, low potential male characters who ends up having the last say or getting the girl's interest…when will this ever end???
last edited on Jan. 8, 2012 4:33AM
rokulily at 2:38PM, Jan. 9, 2012
(online)
listen to music mostly, i like using pandora for that… panic a little… walk around a lot

stop every 10 minutes to doodles random stuff completely unrelated to anything…
AlceX at 7:25AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(offline)
I usually listen to one song on infinite loop (having lots of diferent songs disconcentrates me). I do change it after a while though. Having a cup of something to drink also helps. Coffee mostly, but sometimes I'm happy with just a cup of tap water.
Genejoke at 10:27AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(online)
listen to music usually or watch things I've seen before.
Music of choice for creating is usual film scores or even game soundtracks mostly instrumental stuff.
RPGgrenade at 10:50AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(online)
I listen to hilarious stand up comedians or other things that have to do with comedy that I've heard and seen several times before. the funny makes me laugh, then i draw more i guess.

The liquid creations of Gods passed down to man, but sometimes an object of the gods' realm can cause chaos in the mortal realm.
Read Nectar of the Gods!
Armagedon at 3:45PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
I tend to listen to music, watch TV, whatever I tend to find in the vacinity of my work lol. Although lately, I do my work… well at work (I have a free work environment at times), so I guess it would be listening to the occassional radio chatter hehe.
KittenXaos at 8:57PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
I drink a lot of tea while drawing.
There's usually music and I like to have a scented candle or something burning. The scent of my workspace is very important to me.
Wing Eye at 7:01PM, Jan. 28, 2012
(offline)
When I first started drawing my comic I would draw while I worked at a call center (that's actually why I started my comic: simply because I was bored and needed something to do) now that I lost that job, I always draw with background noise, usually tv, sometimes music.
Byth1 at 5:34AM, Jan. 30, 2012
(online)
I listen to music, mostly old school rap. Oh and procrastinating, a lot of procrastinating :)
Updated every friday!
Updated every monday!
Mr_Henry at 5:14PM, Feb. 4, 2012
(online)
Armagedon wrote:
I tend to listen to music, watch TV, whatever I tend to find in the vacinity of my work lol. Although lately, I do my work… well at work (I have a free work environment at times), so I guess it would be listening to the occassional radio chatter hehe.
Hey another person who works at… work. Nowadays it's my preferred way of getting some drawing done. The guard booth makes a pretty good temp. studio at times.
Anubis at 6:53AM, Feb. 9, 2012
(offline)
I listen to The Goon Show! (Oh celestia I am so showing my age)
Epico at 7:20PM, Feb. 9, 2012
(online)
I put my fedora hat on, listen to heavy metal, and concentrate the raw, awesome, guitar bending music into a beam of pure epic power that I fire onto paper to create my comic.

Then I wake up and start drawing XD
SirMWK at 11:02AM, Feb. 13, 2012
(online)
I usually wait until around 4:00am so I can focus without people bothering me. Sometimes I've got music on, but most of the time it's just me, my tablet and a cigarette.
Hapoppo at 6:33AM, Feb. 15, 2012
(online)
Lately I've been hopping onto YouTube and putting on some MineCraft Let's Plays. It's bizarrely soothing, and it helped me get through 20 buffer strips in a week.
PPPchairman at 9:28PM, Feb. 15, 2012
(online)
I got this nice little cofee shop I go to that's connected to my library. I take a half an hour walk up there, order 1 or 2 Spiced Chai Lates, listen, to some tunes and draw for about six hours. It's real soothing just being so letting the music sink in the smell of cofee gently wafting in the air and the taste of warm chai on my tongue as I crank out a couple pages.
KayJayLunar at 4:38PM, March 4, 2012
(online)
It depends on where I'm at. I'm a bartender by day so on slow days i usually have my drawing pad up at the bar and try and throw some stuff down on paper. If im at the crib I'm usually in the living room with netflix on a Frasier or Wonder Years marathon going or something like that. I love to laugh and get distracted here and there. If im back in the studio drawing my more serious comic book stuff I'm listening to music, espn radio, or old star wars books on tape. If it's really late, my boy in guam is a radio dj and they broadcast on the net so i try to listen to him.
darrell at 8:30AM, March 9, 2012
(online)
I typically have the TV on in the background (hockey, the history channel, MuchMusic, or whatever else I can stand listening to). If there's nothing on then I may throw in a movie, but only ones I know so well that I don't even have to watch (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Serenity, or the recent Marvel movies). If all else fails I'll put on some music, really cheesy pop music seems to work for me when I'm drawing for some reason.
LadyLara at 4:47PM, March 9, 2012
(online)
I listen to music, of course. It's not too different from what I see others do but t helps.
Oh hi.
Tabasco at 9:25PM, March 10, 2012
(online)
I drink: Coffee
Listen to: music or a podcast
And if I am working on a concept and not figuring out any problems with a drawing I try to find a quite place to do it.
lenoir85 at 9:35PM, March 10, 2012
(online)
like everyone else, music. lots of it. usually the repetitive kind (house, dnb, etc.) which keeps me zoned in. hard to get out of it though when i'm done. o.O
guys. check this out. it's my comic and stuff. whoa. www.knoxenstein.com

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon