Aeon Link

In the beging...
aeonic_entity at 10:09PM, May 14, 2007
(offline)
Greetings, all. I spent a while trying to hammer the kinks out of this comic for as long as I can remember. I think my first attempt at a plotline like this was back in like the 6th grade. The only thing I can remember is the common theme of kids in space. Yes it was so bad even I- the creator- shunned my mishapen offspring. As I grew, the story grew with me. I didn't get seriously back into Seraphim of War untill I left the CAP (Civil Air Patrol). From there it took three years to evolve from a tiny micro-organim of a story where the hero (the now Cameron Clicks) fought aliens, to the more realistic but future world you see today. I intend this to be the final revision of the Seraphim of War story.

To show an example of what kind of evolution has been taking place behind the scenes, take this; The orgional title for Seraphim of War was Hegemony Wars. After weighing the potential of lawsuits by Lucas Film LTD, I chose Angels of War, only to remeber that these guys www.angels2200.com beat me to it. I settled of Seraphim of War, because it recognized the role of the class of starfighters used, and a religious theme that will pervade the story.

Seraphim of War is intended to adress several things. Firstly, the role of humans in the military. In times of war and trouble, there is little understanding of actions that are taken in times of war, and I hope that this comic will open some eyes to the inner workings of a military, and how that effects the public's view of them. I will use several charactors (spoiler) and a news reporter (/spoiler) to show this.

Also included is the theme of holding out, and not shifting with every wind that blows. often today we see a surge of people who simply change their minds on the drop of a dime. By no means am I saying to be closed minded, but let us refrain from being so open mined that our brains fall out. Seraphim of War is intended to show that it is human tanacity, not our flexibility that gives us our strenght in time of dire need.

Finaly, Seraphim of War adresses the role of faith and religion in a world of cynics and hate. Cam, a catholic growing up in a universe that is abandoning the tradtional faiths for the more progressive Mammonites, and their many gods, struggles to keep his faith in any kind of God, as he witnesses in a front row seat the brutality of war.

On a lighter note, Seraphim of War is not intened to be a total melodrama. Although, YES there will be a romantic theme and YES there will be profound moments, I'll try to put jokes in there, when acceptable. I inserted Spaz to be that humor when ever there is a chance. I want this post to be a disclamer to anyone who reads this comic. This is not a joke-a-day four paneler. Please take this with some thought and consideration.

I will make a valiant effort to update 2 times a week, although this may be effected by my ability to produce pages. Even though I have a buffer to compensate for bad weeks, if I am looking at a seriously bad week, don't expect more than 1 if any pages. Even though this is my pet project, it takes a back seat to things like passing school with good enough grades to LEAVE UTAH *shiver* and if I get a girlfreind (I'm single, if anyone cares :kitty: ) I certainly would put taking her on dates as more important than posting up extra comics and fun bits every week.

one final thing: If you want questions about characters, events, history of the Seraphim of War universe, and technical details answered, send them to me at aeonic_entity(@at)gmail.com. I will do my best to answer them.

chus-
Aeon
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon