Heroes Unite: EGO

Thread for accepted characters
Abt_Nihil at 10:51AM, April 7, 2008
(offline)
Only those who have a character on the list in the “submit your characters” thread may post here!

You must post the following information (short and precise answers please) if you want me to include your character in the final script:

1.) Would this character sign up with a globally coordinated HU initiative? If not, why and how should he answer a global threat as described in the “details” thread?

If you want your character to have a bigger role than a cameo you must also post the following info:

2.) His/her attitude towards accepting a mission to oppose the threat. Examples: He/she thinks fighting it is a moral duty, or he/she has egotistical reasons, he/she's looking for a challenge etc.

3.) His/her attitude towards having to coordinate his actions with other heroes (who he probably meets for the first time). Example: He/she ridicules boy scout types etc., he/she is a control freak / a loner / a team worker etc.

4.) Are there any notable relationship between this character and any other characters on the list (in the “submit your characters” thread) which have not yet been explored in the previous HU chapters? If so, which?

Answers provided for the following characters (latest update 6/08):
- Comet Kid, Tech & Blitz
- Psycho
- Titan & Fearless
- blood/hound
- Acrobat & Coil
- The Flea
- Relik
- Blue Beacon
- Azumorph
- Proxy & Nebulon
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:21AM
Hero at 5:38PM, April 7, 2008
(online)
1. Yes for all three characters. Comet Kid is already a part of Heroes Unite because he's reluctantly socially conscious and a big superhero fanboy. Tech is is interested in combining forces for the good of mankind and wants people to recognize him as his own hero. Blitz is generally along for the ride and enjoys a kick out of saving the day.

2. Again, Comet Kid and Tech do think it's their moral duty although Scott reluctantly so. Blitz is along for the thrill and because everyone else is doing it.

3. The group is already a team, they're used to working in groups. Comet Kid is better at taking orders than the other two, though he usually jokes around and is not above sarcasm and good natured ribbing. Tech as a former sidekick, resents taking orders and is a bit of a control freak, occasionally displaying a bad temper if he feels his opinion is not valued. Blitz usually does her own thing, not being good with complex orders and more prone to believing she knows better. Usually she counts on her team to force her in the right direction. Blitz usually joins Comet Kid in the sarcasm and ribbing department, though it may be more of a mean streak than good natured.

4. All three of my heroes are part of the team Young Gaurd. Tech is usually in command and the other two respect his command more or less. Tech also usually gets picked on by the other two, though both are among his best friends. Tech knows and respects the power and abilities of his teammates and how best to manage them, but is not above yelling and making vain threats. Blitz is in a one way romantic relationship with Comet Kid, more or less asserting herself over his more passive personality. Comet Kid is also a big fanboy of other Superheroes and follows careers, comics and merchandise like a religion.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
Carbajal3000 at 9:23PM, April 7, 2008
(offline)
1.) Yes, he would sign up with a globally coordinated HU initiative, for the right cause.

2.) He feels it is his duty as a superhero to do what is nescessary, the only people he really wants to protect are his friends, he could could care less about the death of a stranger, depending on the situation.

3.) He doesn't like to be given orders, he feels much more comfortable giving orders or not having any orders involved. Also, Psycho is a big joker so head would most DEFINITLY make fun of a superhero taking orders from someone. Actually, he would DEFINITLY make fun of just about anyone.

4.) Not really, he just helps those who matter to him (which can be superheroes he meets that he becomes good friends with.).
Nepath at 3:36AM, April 8, 2008
(online)
TITAN
1.)
This character is not part of the HU initiative for two reasons, a) she is new in this time b) due to her misplacement in time she tries to remain relatively unassimilated with existing groups. Nevertheless she is there to save the world so she would just get involved.

2.) She has been raised to believe that she is destined to save the world, she would therefore have no hesitation in getting stuck in

3.) Being 16 she is hot tempered and can be unreasonable when angered, but when calm she remains quite professional. She would be happy to take orders to an extent but would be angered by feeling wasted

4.) She has never met any of them as they are not from her time.

FEARLESS
1.)
This character is not part of the HU initiative as he is widely considered a serial killer. He would want to be involved but could probably not mingle with a big crowd. He is very much a loner and cannot tolerate glory hunters.

2.)
Fearless is a revenge seeker and not a hero. He would get involved if the threat was to him, his brother or his city. (Falcon City)

3.)
Fearless would not accept orders from anyone and would only act as he sees fit but he is intelligent and in constant contact with his brother who is a technical whiz so his decisions are not usually too bad.

4.)
Fearless has no relationship with any of the heroes.
TheMidge28 at 2:02PM, April 8, 2008
(online)
Yokai Urufu.
1.) Would this character sign up with a globally coordinated HU initiative? If not, why and how should he answer a global threat as described in the “details” thread?
yes.

If you want your character to have a bigger role than a cameo you must also post the following info:

2.) His/her attitude towards accepting a mission to oppose the threat. Examples: He/she thinks fighting it is a moral duty, or he/she has egotistical reasons, he/she's looking for a challenge etc.
He looks at helping and accepting a mission to prove to himself he isn't a villian.
so I guess egotistical.

3.) His/her attitude towards having to coordinate his actions with other heroes (who he probably meets for the first time). Example: He/she ridicules boy scout types etc., he/she is a control freak / a loner / a team worker etc.
I would consider him a loner but he has worked in his past in coordinated efforts or campaigns. He's quiet if he doesn't know you but once he feels comfortable he's a smart ass.

4.) Are there any notable relationship between this character and any other characters on the list (in the “submit your characters” thread) which have not yet been explored in the previous HU chapters? If so, which? None that I can think of, unless you make a connection through Yokai's work on the police force.

sidenote: after revieiw the tentative story idea, I don't really see how Yokai can be a major player since his powers are more blood based and organic. He doesn't fly… um…so yeah.
literacysuks1 at 8:01PM, April 8, 2008
(online)

Acrobat: He would love to, but he's wary of trying to enter because of how he was recently wanted by the police (though he was cleared)and because of currently being with Coil. Acrobat would do all he can in the face of a global threat, despite his lack of super powers (well he does have that thing going on with the healing..)

Coil: No, she isn't a fan of the whole costumed adventuring thing unless there's some cash or at least a thrill in it for her. But deep down she really wants to be a good person which is why she begrudgingly adventures with Acrobat.

Acrobat: Wade is just a good person, and can't sleep at night if he doesn't do what he can to help people with his abilities.

Coil: Deep down she doesn't want to see innocents get hurt, and will help with something large scale enough. But she won't get into costume for every Tom, Dick, and Dr. Doom.

Acrobat: Acrobat is used to meeting new heroes alongside his former mentor Blackhawk, and is slightly uncomfortable being thrown into the superhero community by himself. He hides this though and seems confident. He'll crack jokes but rarely toward any heroes..unless someone else starts it. Despite his inexperience at working solo, Acrobat could pull it together and lead a group of people through a disaster if he has to (hint hint). People would probably be surprised by his competence given that to everyone else he seems to be new at the superhero game (though he operated as the canary for 7 or so years).

Coil: Despite being a super villain, Cassie really views the super power world as an outsider, and sees things as ridiculous as they actually are. She'll make fun of your costume, and call you a bimbo if you're showing too much skin. The only perosn she seems to respect even a little bit is Wade. So during a team situation he'll probably have to keep her from going off and doing her own thing.

and if Coil could call Relik Darth Vader at some point I'd really appreciate it…

4.) Are there any notable relationship between this character and any other characters on the list (in the “submit your characters” thread) which have not yet been explored in the previous HU chapters? If so, which?

Acrobat: Acrobat has met all of the characters from HU 1, and has at least heard of any heroes that have been operating for more than a few months.

Coil: She doesn't keep up with spandex affairs at all, and would be seeing most of the heroes for the first time. Though she may have heard some second hand accounts from Acrobat.

Sorry, didn't mean for that to come out so long.
Go read my superhero comic…because I told you to
http://www.drunkduck.com/Acrobat/

ironhand at 11:35PM, April 8, 2008
(offline)
1.) Yes, Flea would definately be signed up with the HU Initiative as he is almost like a new hero and he goes with what he thinks right, and he believes that is right.

2.) Flea would be enthusiastic about the threat and will more joke about the threat until it actually hits him that it is bad. he would also think it is his duty as now he is one of the new heroes out there.

3.) The Flea will be alright with following commands, really. Some of the darker heroes wh get him to fight would get him pretty annoyed but apart from that he will follow any command given to him

4.) Although he has just started the hero business, The Flea is a big fan on loads of stuff. He has a poster of Acrobat in his room and a thing saying HU (heroes Unite) which could tie him into it all.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
Abt_Nihil at 6:02AM, April 9, 2008
(offline)
Thanks a lot, your posts are all very helpful!

Midge: Don't worry, I think we'll have maybe three different groups of heroes in action, and only one of them would require flying people. So inlcuding blood/hound somehow is not that unlikely.

lit: Your suggestions have all been great so far, so I think I'll have acrobat lead a bunch of ground-based heroes; I'll send you the rough script somewhere along the way and we can work out that scene together.
SympleSymon at 12:33PM, April 9, 2008
(online)
1.) Relik would most certainly sign-up, as to protect the world is in his blood (not to spoil anything, now) and he'd be all too willing to be able to be called upon to fight the bigger, more dangerous threats the world might face.

2.)Definitely the moral duty side of things…hopefully by the time Retake #3-4 rolls around, the reason will become clear.

3.)He's eager to work with other heroes as needed, despite the fact that he may not be trusted due to his appearance

4.) Depends is the Relik-Energize crossover comes before this, and if E's even in the story (which it doesn't look like he is) - if not, then no.
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Retake
Nepath at 12:52AM, April 10, 2008
(online)
SympleSymon:

No Energize this time around.
Carbajal3000 at 11:39AM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
Uh I drew this picture of Psycho, Acrobat, Coil, The Flea, and Bombshell.

Sorry I didn't ask for permission, But I'll post it up anyway… just gotta ink it in.
Abt_Nihil at 11:48AM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
Carbajal3000: Can't wait to see it!
BlueBeacon at 5:57PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
1. Sure he would sign up,he has always wanted to do more to help.

2. He thinks stoping any threat toward earth or the universe is his duty.

3. He has done things mostly alone but can learn to work with others.

4. none.
Carbajal3000 at 3:21PM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
Well, I drew what I would like to call a “concept” of these five characters, But I wasn't really happy with the results so I am going to draw a second one, this time with as many signed up heroes as I can. I didn't have time to color. But for those of you who don't know who these characters are(which should be nobody) I'll tell you the names:

Acrobat(bottom left) Coil(Bottom Center) Flea(Coil's left arm) Bombshell(Top Right)
Psycho(Top Left)

Sorry about the NOT full effort thing, but there will definitly be a colored remake, with more characters some time.
Abt_Nihil at 6:04AM, April 17, 2008
(offline)
Carbajal3000: Love The Flea on Coil's arm… Sounds like you wanna be the next George Perez :-)
ironhand at 11:18AM, April 17, 2008
(offline)
I'm going to practise drawing ACROBAT, PHSYCO and maybe FEARLESS, though I doubt it.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
AzuJOD at 4:07AM, April 18, 2008
(online)
1) Azumorph is willing to sign up for any government initiative, as long as said government doesn't introduce a Superhero Registration Act or something

2)Partially moral obligation, partially wanting to live out his dream

3)Azumorph believes in strength in numbers, and is willing to work on almost any team, whether he is giving orders or taking them

4)No, he has never met any of those heroes, but he has heard of most of them
legacyhero at 10:27PM, June 7, 2008
(offline)
NEBULON-
1.) Yes.

2.) Nebulon was abducted and empowered by a race of aliens to oppose a global threat. He never got the chance and was sent home. He would see this as an opportunity to fulfill that destiny.

3.) Since getting his powers Rakim/(Nebulon) has had to learn to adapt quickly. Working with different heroes, He might be put off by some of the darker types.(Relik, Fearless and Blood Hound). He'd be more comfortable with the younger
heroes. (Psycho, Acrobat, and the members of Young Guard).

4.) There are no direct connections/ relationships with any members of this HU team. However, Psycho did make his debut in the Legacy Hero Universe alongside Hero Force. So Nebulon , may have heard of him.

Also, Nebulon would be very surprised to find that THIS Blue Beacon is NOT the same Blue Beacon he knows. He would be expecting this guy:
http://a241.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/105/l_47cddcd58a9ed139485e1b18f5e50588.jpg

PROXY-
1.)Yes.

2.)A couple of years earlier, and Proxy might have turned down an offer to work with HU, But as she nears 18 , she has started thinking beyond her own needs, and of the greater impact her abilities could have.

3.)Proxy is a loner learning to become a team player. She was not always in control of her abilities, so she spent the better part of her life avoiding contact with people. But her powers, by design require interaction with others. She would certainly comment on some of the more outlandish costumes worn by team members. She'd compliment Comet Kid on his “sensible” attire.

4.)There are no direct connections/relationships with anyone. Not even Nebulon.
(He isn't “high profile” enough for Proxy to know who he is.)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon