Harkovast- the forum

Welcome to all Harko-fans
harkovast at 2:05PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
Well there is MS Paint Adventures, but I got really sick of that a while ago.
The giant blocks of text just got a bit much.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:18AM
Tiberius at 4:05PM, April 4, 2011
(online)
problem sleuth was good, and homstuck was cool for awhile, but then it got tooooo convoluted, and hard to follow. it seemed almost pretentious at times. I've considered going back to it, but do i have the time?

I've also read one called Lizzy. it's a cyberpunk/anarchist story, with an interesting setting, semi-animated panels, and sound. unfortunately, it seems to have died. I would have loved to have learned more about the setting too.
The post apocalyptic genre- one of the most optimistic of all genres.
Why?
Because we somehow survived the end of everything, and have built a pretty nice town to boot, sometimes with pig powered electricity!
harkovast at 12:17AM, April 6, 2011
(online)
A lot of people rave about homestuck and how it is miles better than problem sleuth.
Personally I just didn't find it as engaging.
All the stupid devices and game mode stuff just seemed boring.
Is the significance of remembering the card numbers of items or the shape they make on the totem laith supposed to be interesting or meaningful?
I just one day realised that I was skipping more of the text than I was reading and gave up.

I have too many commitments these days, so a comic needs to be really really awesoome for me to stick with it regularly.

DuckInspector at 7:42AM, April 7, 2011
(offline)
Homestuck? i stopped reading that as soon as the first one of those playable pages appeared, I loved problem slueth even at it's most convoluted but that was down to problemsluth and it's predecessors being an interesting combination of webcomic and text based adventure.

Once MS paint adventures started turning into a videogame they'd gone too far into the joke for my taste, also theres a difference between showing someone a snapshot of some insane stat system that somehow does somthing and makes the protagonists win as a joke, and doing all that and expecting your readers to understand how that worked.

PHEW, that feels better…
harkovast at 8:06AM, April 7, 2011
(online)
Duck Inspector I totally agree regarding the stats thing.
The games statistics stated to be treated like they meant something and like I was somehow supposed to care and appreciate them.
Perhaps I just didn't fill my imagination stat enough to appreciate them.
*consumes whisky from flask and retreats into fort make of cushions*

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon