HA Characters

OTHER(?): BiOcular
Empty Brooke at 12:02AM, July 16, 2010
(online)
Hey, if you're still accepting people for this, mind if I submit my character, BiOcular/Oleander Valentine?
He's a 30-year-old anthropological lecturer from the country but lives in NYC. Kind of a fat guy, he's rather mellow, stronger than he looks and wears excessive layers of clothing to conceal his 6 brothers–Marcel, Caruso, Percy, Socrates, Orion and Thurl–who are genetically grafted to his back, appearing like long, stretchable tentacles with mouths and eyes.
Andi's only superpower is pretty much his brothers. Without them he's just a regular, chubby guy.
Andi DOES have his own comic, but I haven't posted anything for it yet. I hope to do so by the end of summer.

And if you're not looking for characters, but still need a writer or an artist, I'd love to do either. I have plenty of spare time and I'd love to be a part of this project. I just read through Heroes Unite and I fell in love with the variations in art and writing styles.
last edited on Feb. 11, 2014 11:54PM
Abt_Nihil at 2:41AM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
Now that's an interesting “power”! We should do a Halloween special or something :P

But yes, of course you're welcomed with open arms, no matter whether you're providing characters, writing or art. I'll put you on all three lists. I can't say when or how you'll be involved at this point, so you're encouraged to make contact with other writers/artists directly if you have story ideas or characters you'd like to see yours team up with.

Thanks! And glad you're enjoying HU.
last edited on Feb. 11, 2014 11:56PM
Empty Brooke at 7:04PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
I posted BiOcular
here's an image of Andi and a couple of his brothers: http://www.drunkduck.com/BiOcular/index.php?p=723959

Also, I had a question… you said to contact the other artists/writers directly if I had an idea, right? Is there a list or something? I don't know who all the other writers are.
LuchaCoffee at 8:17PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
Empty Brooke
I posted BiOcular
here's an image of Andi and a couple of his brothers: http://www.drunkduck.com/BiOcular/index.php?p=723959

Also, I had a question… you said to contact the other artists/writers directly if I had an idea, right? Is there a list or something? I don't know who all the other writers are.

http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=49770&cid=4698&comic_id=37740

here ya go :)
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

Abt_Nihil at 3:55AM, July 19, 2010
(offline)
Yup, what sux said ^_^

Basically there are two general formats for HA stories:
(1) Chapters which are more akin to classic HU chapters, with as many characters as possible, an overarching continuity (dealing with HA as a team or organization), and a rotating staff of artists, and
(2) Team-ups, which can concentrate on fewer characters, don't have to deal with continuity (except for a basic coherence with the other stories). These can be shorter stories, and may be handled by one artist (but that's open for writers and artists to negotiate). These would resemble the “HU Adventures”, but they're not restricted to 4 pages.

We're moving too slow on our main chapters to incorporate all of the characters which are submitted, so I encourage everyone to just go ahead and try to get some cross-overs made on their own, which will be posted inbetween “main chapters”.
LuchaCoffee at 7:55AM, July 19, 2010
(online)
I can work on a few more team up stories, Been trying to finish up the Zombie Queen one, but I can always work on some more :D
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon