HA Characters

Character usage from HA and HU Spinoff's discussion
irrevenant at 4:35PM, July 29, 2017
(online)
Abt_Nihil wrote:
Is there a character bio on Arsenal somewhere? Just so I can evaluate his potential role better. My concern is that perhaps Arsenal might overshadow Cobalt's role, especially if Arsenal is in the field during RISE missions too… It's important for future plots that Cobalt has clear authority over the other RISE team members in the field.
I think the idea we're playing with here is that Arsenal would replace Lawler as overall director of the program. He wouldn't be leading them in the field.

If we were going to go that route we'd have to address why Arsenal is happy to take a desk job though. (Hmm, maybe something that went down during “The New Guard”?).
Nepath at 2:45AM, July 30, 2017
(online)
I can solve that for you.
Originally, he was retired when he first appeared in Energize. He was replaced by a newer armorored soldier, B.A.S.S.
He suited up to fight Nemesis as a favour, and stayed on when B.A.S.S. was killed.
When he appears in Energize Blafk, I am playing it as though his time in New Guard is done, and he is already in a less active role. He appears as head of Armored Soldier Program, having now found a replacement for B.A.S.S.
Dont want spoil it, hut there was a reason I needed Titan back…
Abt_Nihil at 2:52PM, July 30, 2017
(offline)
Ah, thanks for the info! So… he'd probably get the job because of his ties to Lawler and his experience with superhumans… that would make a lot of sense. Now what I'd also like to know is: What would be his attitude toward leading RISE?
last edited on July 30, 2017 2:53PM
ironhand at 5:10AM, July 31, 2017
(offline)
Is Lawler still going to be a head of R.I.S.E in our HA 11&12 finale?
This also includes the use of Titan and she is a part of the team in the finale.

I'm assuming if we're given the green light there, once the season is up we won't be able to use them again, correct?
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
Nepath at 2:41AM, Aug. 2, 2017
(online)
@Ironhand - Yeah, I think no change to your status quo for anything you have planned. Just phase in the changes as appropriate.

@Abt - As far as I'm concerned, Arsenal is very much like Lawler. Long term military guy, and used to being a “super on the payroll” doing what was asked and when. I think you could make him work.

I spoke to Spudsy and he likes the idea, but would just like to keep him honest. Basically, don't do “an HU Commander” on him.
irrevenant at 4:05AM, Sept. 10, 2017
(online)
Hmm. Based on the latest page, Cobalt seems to have more power and credibility behind the scenes at RISE than I had assumed. Maybe he would be suitable.
Abt_Nihil at 9:43AM, Sept. 20, 2017
(offline)
Nepath wrote:
@Abt - As far as I'm concerned, Arsenal is very much like Lawler. Long term military guy, and used to being a “super on the payroll” doing what was asked and when. I think you could make him work.

I spoke to Spudsy and he likes the idea, but would just like to keep him honest. Basically, don't do “an HU Commander” on him.

Sure! Is he still active as a superhero, or just as a pentagon pencil-pusher these days?
Currently, I don't have any plans that would require him to take part in any action stuff… if he just takes over Lawler's role, it means he'll instruct Cobalt on missions and the latter will report (or talk) back to him.
Nepath at 5:51AM, Sept. 21, 2017
(online)
He has a brief cameo in Energize coming which will explain that he is back into retirement as far as donning the exosuit is concerned. So back to the desk job.

His cameo is essentially him getting up to speed on various projects, now that Lawler has been killed.

On the latest page of Energize, I have already established that Titan has taken over command of his old “Armoured Soldier Program”. I did this mainly to move her on a little as a character.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon