Comic Talk and General Discussion *

ip tracking
Kristen Gudsnuk at 1:13PM, April 23, 2009
(offline)
hey! idk if this is the right forum, but question: do you guys use an IP tracking application, and if so, which? I got the “IP Tracker” thing but it has limited functions– I have to “upgrade to member” (yeah right) to see some cool data. SO, which IP tracking app should I use?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
lefarce at 1:43PM, April 23, 2009
(online)
I dont really enjoy the thought of spying on people and monitoring IPs for marketing purposes, it's the sort of practice I expect from spammers and malware creators. However, if you need a good program to locate a troublemaker, there are plenty out there, any old basic one will do the trick.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
skoolmunkee at 2:19PM, April 23, 2009
(offline)
Do you want an IP tracking thing, or just a thing that tracks page visits and individuals, where they're coming from, etc? There are some good free ones out there, like extremetracker. An IP tracker is a little more invasive.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 2:31PM, April 23, 2009
(offline)
skoolmunkee
Do you want an IP tracking thing, or just a thing that tracks page visits and individuals, where they're coming from, etc? There are some good free ones out there, like extremetracker. An IP tracker is a little more invasive.

I like it when they show you where in the world the people are coming from! (I got an Estonian today!!!! OH JOYOUS DAY!! I just can't wait to get a hit from a real Lithuanian..)
But the one I have now only lets you see where the latest 30 come from. D: so I want one that lets you see where everyone comes from!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
HyenaHell at 2:54PM, April 23, 2009
(online)
Kristen Gudsnuk
skoolmunkee

I like it when they show you where in the world the people are coming from! (I got an Estonian today!!!! OH JOYOUS DAY!! I just can't wait to get a hit from a real Lithuanian..)
But the one I have now only lets you see where the latest 30 come from. D: so I want one that lets you see where everyone comes from!
I use statcounter, and it's got a log size of 500- which isn't everyone, but it's a good enough chunk.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon