Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia V; The Don's Return
Hakoshen at 4:10PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
It's a new day in the city of Townston, with new faces, new places, and one or two new surprises lurking in store. Friends greeted friends, and enemies squared off across the town square, and the new and old blood intermingled as one. The peace was not to be enjoyed for long, for though the day has hardly begun one citizen said with the purpose of a man possessed “We need a leader!”

Those surrounding him clamored in agreement, as they all looked between each other. They had all been here before, and they all knew the risks. Among them, five of them were traitors who wanted nothing more than to eliminate the rest of them for the sole purpose of their own ill gotten gains. There were others, the citizens knew, who should not be trusted for their own individual reasons. However true these things were, the one person to speak was correct. They needed a leader. A mayor to lead them through these dark times towards their salvation, or their ultimate destruction at the hands of the mob.

DAY 1 HAS BEGUN!

The DD Mafia game V has begun, and it's time to elect a mayor! Your votes must be PQ'd to me before the day ends 24 hours from now to be valid, and to those running, having an election poster grants you one extra vote. And of course, the mayor gets to instantly lynch someone once he or she is elected, so choose and campaign carefully!

A few more things to consider; day and night cycles are BOTH 24 hours long, and actions are cast in the order in which I receive them, so it does matter what time of day you send something to me!

And now with that out of the way, I will now begin PQ'ing everyone their roles.

The Players

1. Crocty the townie killed night three.
2. Kitty17 the paramedic killed night two.
3. Niccea
4. The2ndredbaron the detective killed night three.
5. Waff
6. Humorman the townie Killed night 1
7. Gullas the impaler the townie killed night three.
8. Product placement the townie killed night two.
9. Ozoneocean the townie Killed night 1
10. GiantPinkWalrus
11. Aghammer
12. Prank
13. Rengishi the bodyguard killed night three.
14. Harkovast
15. Mister Kent the townie killed night two.
16. TheFlyingGreenMonkey the paramedic killed night three.
17. Drasnus
18. LeaderofStars the vigilante Hanged day two
19. Skoolmunkee
20. Catcatdragoo

The Roles

Elected officials
Mayor 1
Pardoner 1
Godfather 1

Townies (15)
Bodyguard 2
Vigilante 1
Paramedic 2
Veteran 1
Paranoid 1
Detective 1
Townie 7

Mafia (5)
Mad Hatter 1
Mafia 4

Roles and Rules

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are: increased vote count of 2, ability to declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly), and cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are. When double lynches are in effe each player gets two votes on two different people.

The Mayor also has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be either two single lynches, one double lynch, one half of a double or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. If an attempt is made on the mayor, a bodyguard will die in his stead.

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill once per night, whoever you so choose. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in the war. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill a fellow mafia member.

Godfather
The godfather has the special ability of being able to leavered horse heads in the target's bed. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle. In addition, has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of his family are already dead. The narrative will mention this. The Godfather will appear to be an innocent townie to any detective. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Mad Hatter
The mad hatter’s special ability is to plant two bombs throughout the whole game on two specific players. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter dies, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well. If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb, and of course should the hatter die before his bombs are planted, he loses them altogether.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

1. All official actions in game #039;d to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players.

3. Feel free to share the results of PQ's I send you, but do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Each day cycle will begin with a narrative summarizing the actions during the night. A clue will point to ALL actions that have transpired in the night.

5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis. (Example: Mafia sends in a kill for the vigilante. Vigilante later sends in a kill for the Mad Hatter. Vigilante will die before he can make the kill.)

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else(ie, someone else kills your target before you do) I will notify you of this.

7. The cake is a lie.

If I've neglected to explain or point something out, let me know. Also, if you need to contact me more quickly, feel free to e-mail me directly at hakoshen@yahoo.com, since this will go directly to my phone which is always on hand.

Day/Night cycles end at 00:00 GMT, or 6:00PM Central (the previous day), so be sure to get your actions/votes/etc in on time! For example; Day 1 ends at 00:00 GMT 4/14/09, 18:00 central 4/13/09, Night 1 ends at 00:00 GMT 4/15/09, 18:00 central 4/14/09, Day 2 ends at 00:00 GMT 4/16/09, 18:00 central 4/15/09 and so forth.

Day 1 Narrative
Night 1 Narrative
Day 2 Narrative
Night 2 Narrative

DAY TWO LYNCH VOTES
Names surrounded by * * indicate a vote that was changed.

Aghammer (5)
Crocty
GiantPinkWalrus
Skoolmunkee
Niccea
Seal of the Mayor

Prank (3)
*Niccea*
*Seal of the Mayor*
The2ndredbaron
Harkovast
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

Harkovast (1)
Gullas
*Niccea*
*Seal of the mayor*

Niccea (1)
Waff

Skoolmunkee (0)
*Harkovast*

DAY ONE LYNCH VOTES
Names surrounded by * * indicate a vote that was changed.

LeaderofStars (7)
Niccea
Seal of the Mayor
*Crocty*
Gullas
The2ndRedBaron
SkoolMunkee
Prank
Mister Kent

Prank (3)
*Gullas*
Aghammer
LeaderOfStars
Waff

TheFlyingGreenMonkey (1)
*Skoolmunkee*
Crocty

Catcatdragoo (0)
*The2ndRedBaron*

GiantPinkWalrus (0)
*Waff*

God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
crocty at 4:28PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
I'm not running for mayor this time. =w= I made way too many mistakes last time, so I'll let someone else do it.

Also,
FIRST.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Hakoshen at 4:29PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
The roles have been issued and everyone now knows their parts to be played. A note to all townies, two of you will be promoted to bodyguard once the election is over with.

EDIT: Mafia be sure to PQ your votes for godfather to me as well.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
waff at 4:40PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
hmmm…after weighing the pros and cons regarding being the mayor and my role, I plan to…not run for mayor.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
leaderofstars at 5:40PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
vote for George Washington
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
waff at 5:55PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
leaderofstars
vote for George Washington
oh yeah zombie washington.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
harkovast at 6:34PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
Zombie Washington can kiss my limey ass, I vote for the only person that's ever worth voting for!

The Dance Commander!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of2WzZx9AhA&feature=related

Is anyone actually running for mayor this time around?

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Niccea at 6:38PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
I"m not running. I have too much to do the first part of the week. You are welcome to vote for me though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
leaderofstars at 6:49PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
folks listen vote for a third party because Washington proven his ability to lead when he defeated general Cornwallis at yorktown

power to the offspring
Hakoshen at 6:50PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
This is shaping up to be the weirdest election ever. A dead president has votes (again) and TWO people have gotten votes though they voted for someone else. But anyways…

The votes, at current are:

Niccea (5)
Election Poster Bonus
Niccea
Aghammer
Product Placement
*Rengishi*
Crocty

FlyingGreenMonkey (5)
Election Poster bonus
FlyingGreenMonkey
Mister Kent
CatcatDragoo
Prank

The2ndRedBaron (4)
Election Poster Bonus
The2ndRedBaron
Rengishi
Harkovast

Humorman (3)
Humorman
OzoneOcean
Skoolmunkee

Gullas (2)
Election Poster Bonus
Gullas
*Harkovast*

Zombie George Washington (2)
Election Poster Bonus
Leader of Stars

Crocty (conceeded) (2)
*Election Poster Bonus*
Waff
*Totally not Crocty. Wink wink*
Kitty17

Waff (0)
*Niccea*

NOTE: Changed votes are indicated with * *
-Harkovast
gullas at 6:50PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
People! We need someone who has the experience, the leadership quality, the intuition to lead the townies to victory against the threat of the vicious mafia!
I have none of the qualities above and I suspect that most of you would not trust me since my term as the local vigilante, granted the mafia victory… BUT I am at least able to try my best.
I shall be running as the mayor of Townston. I do not suspect to win the election but darn I will not let the mafia run over us, like a pair of dirty old sneakers who have not been worn in ages!

People, it's time to let the mob know that we are not affraid of 'em. It will be a bloody battle, good men/women/herms/whutevah will die in the process but in the end we shall reign victorius over the ruined battelfield! ARE YOU WITH ME, TOWNSTON?!?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 6:52PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
I'm running for Mayor. Vote TFGM! I'll bring all the inexperence I have to the table XD

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
leaderofstars at 6:55PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
gullas
People! We need someone who has the experience, the leadership quality, the intuition to lead the townies to victory against the threat of the vicious mafia!
I have none of the qualities above and I suspect that most of you would not trust me since my term as the local vigilante, granted the mafia victory… BUT I am at least able to try my best.
I shall be running as the mayor of Townston. I do not suspect to win the election but darn I will not let the mafia run over us, like a pair of dirty old sneakers who have not been worn in ages!

People, it's time to let the mob know that we are not affraid of 'em. It will be a bloody battle, good men/women/herms/whutevah will die in the process but in the end we shall reign victorius over the ruined battelfield! ARE YOU WITH ME, TOWNSTON?!?
another one for washington

power to the offspring
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:07PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
Also I'm not mafia! But mafia don't let that stop you from voting for me ;D

Niccea at 7:10PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen please let me know if you got my PQ. I sent you my vote already.
Aghammer at 7:10PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Also I'm not mafia! But mafia don't let that stop you from voting for me ;D

Monkey, my friend, with only one name on the ballot you might end up as the default mayor :D if so, Hak should put that in your banner in the comic.. ha.

And I'm not running after the mess that Crocty and I made of the last game (and Gullas, although I've completely… mostly forgiven him and Kitty :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:17PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
Awesome! Everyone vote TFGM I'll listen to people and maybe solve a clue or two X3

Niccea at 7:20PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
Aghammer
Monkey, my friend, with only one name on the ballot you might end up as the default mayor :D if so, Hak should put that in your banner in the comic.. ha.

I voted for a real person. But Hakoshen hasn't responded yet. Also…I'm back to making the comic.
humorman at 7:21PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
Okay, this is my fourth game. I've pretty much regurgitated my platform in every single game since. So here it is again:

Vote for humorman.

I really don't know what to add to this. I'm experienced and I've been stating the same campaign every single game. Just give this to me already.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Niccea at 7:29PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
Oh forgot to tell you. The mafia has until the end of the day to send Hakoshen their family name.

This game's default mafia name is:

Sugar Coated Clouds
Hakoshen at 7:34PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
Send it again Niccea, I didn't get it.
-Harkovast
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:40PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
Niccea I am a real person. Also My main plateform issue is the same as humerman, I don't want to die….eaisly atleast >:D

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:54PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
The votes, at current are:

Zombie George Washington
(1)
Leader of Stars

FlyingGreenMonkey (2)
FlyingGreenMonkey
Election Poster bonus

Humorman
(1)
Humorman

Yay I am in the lead. Vote for a winner((for time being)), vote TFGM. Also not a mafia.

Mister Kent at 8:19PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Also not a mafia.

That's all the convincing I need! Flying Green gets my votitude!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
the2ndredbaron at 8:26PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
I am annoucing that I am running for mayor. I have been part of every game and feel like that I have what it takes to lead this game.
What I can bring!
1. Like everyone else I am going to say that I can get us a win.
2. I am a fast responder. If you send me a pq, you can expect replies fast.
3. I have been here from the beginning and know the ins and outs.
4. I honestly really want to be mayor! I have ran before and have been shot down. And I feel like this is my chance to run.
5. I also follow the rules. I have fun but I don't dead talk or other things like that.

Vote for the2ndredbaron! He has been here from the beginning and knows how to play the game. Vote for the2ndredbaron and your dreams will fly high!
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:29PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
Mister Kent
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Also not a mafia.

You just made a friend and if I win a powerful ally.

Still not mafia.

Hakoshen at 8:33PM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
Just a note; votes have to be PQ'd to me to count, and if I don't reply to a PQ with a confirmation message to a game action or question, then either send it again, E-mail me or do something else to contact me.
-Harkovast
leaderofstars at 8:35PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Mister Kent
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Also not a mafia.

You just made a friend and if I win a powerful ally.

Still not mafia.
monkey the more you deny being the more i think you are

power to the offspring
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:55PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
the2ndredbaron
I am annoucing that I am running for mayor. I have been part of every game and feel like that I have what it takes to lead this game.
What I can bring!
1. Like everyone else I am going to say that I can get us a win.
2. I am a fast responder. If you send me a pq, you can expect replies fast.
3. I have been here from the beginning and know the ins and outs.
4. I honestly really want to be mayor! I have ran before and have been shot down. And I feel like this is my chance to run.
5. I also follow the rules. I have fun but I don't dead talk or other things like that.

Vote for the2ndredbaron! He has been here from the beginning and knows how to play the game. Vote for the2ndredbaron and your dreams will fly high!

1. I've never been mafia why would I start?
2. You've never commented to my comic you owe me.
3. I honestly want to be mayor.
4. We will win
5. Mafia vote for my I don't know what I'm doing and I'm easily manipulated
6. Townies I know what I'm doing and I will not be manipulated like people were in Mafia IV.
7. I read all of Mafia IV
8. I have 7 reasons to vote for me ;D

Mister Kent at 8:59PM, April 12, 2009
(online)
One. Way. To Settle. This.

Yodel-off
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon