Networking & Community Projects*

Name my new comic. (and maybe write a story for it?)
Mimarin at 2:49PM, Nov. 23, 2006
(offline)
Ok, I'm starting up a new comic, its based on the style of shadow puppets (because I thought while making a picture “man i'm so much better at silhouettes than anything else really”) but I honestly can't think of a name for it.

It is going to be made up of several different short stories with varying themes. Here's a sample image

So I wan't a name for it!

Additionally I'm looking for people to write stories for it after I finish the first one, stories can have any theme you like so long as the story is relativley simple and can be conveyed in a one line per page format.

So, suggest a name for it and write a story for it, I will do the rest!
Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream. Nobody knows why.

Also, tell random people they are awsome! it helps!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
Rimbaum at 3:43PM, Nov. 23, 2006
(offline)
This idea really sounds very cool. I'm always up for writing a short story… what kind of stories are you looking for?

Also, I'm really very horrible at coming up with titles, so I can't help you there. ^^;
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM
Mimarin at 3:54PM, Nov. 23, 2006
(offline)
Any genre of story is fine, same for setting, in fact I might have to come up with a science fiction one myself.

But they need to be simple and linear, you also need to avoid things like large groups of people and indoor environments, Think childrens stories.

Rich at 8:15PM, Nov. 23, 2006
(online)
Can they involve rape and young children getting murdered?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM
KomradeDave at 9:49PM, Nov. 23, 2006
(online)
“Backlit” because it's like shadow puppets.
I might be able to come up with a story, I'll let you know sometime next week.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, likeā€¦ tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
draxenn at 10:05PM, Nov. 23, 2006
(online)
1. Cool idea.
2. Backlit is a great name.

Or you could go with “SHADOW'D!”
Screw the money! I have RULES!
. o O ( Evil )
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Radec at 10:55PM, Nov. 23, 2006
(online)
Possible names (all silhouette related):

-“Shadows of the Psyche”
-“Your Reality is on my Wall.”
-“Symphony of Sunset”
-“Obscurity”
-“how many shadow puppets could a woodchuck make if a woodchuck could make shadow puppets?”
-“The World Behind the Blinds”
-“What Does it Look Like Now?”
-“Shadow Puppets”
-“Silhouette”
-“I'm Running out of Ideas.”
-“That Thingy in the Place”
-“Oblivion's End”
-“Skylight”
-“Look! It's a Bunny!”
while some of these really aren't very probable titles, I'm not sure if I still have enough caffeine pumping through my bloodstream to care.
<= dead and buried.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:58PM
Generic Human at 11:05PM, Nov. 23, 2006
(online)
Well…I would call it “The Allegory of the Cave”. It's the title of a paper written by Plato. If you haven't read it you really should. In the paper Socrates is presenting an idea to his friend, Glaucon, about government, and what makes a good leader.

Basically he uses an allegory of…well…a bunch of people are sitting in a cave, chained to a wall. They've been there their whole lives, they know nothing else. In front of them is a wall. Behind them are fires, lighting that wall. Guards would walk back and forth in front of the fires holding things, casting shadows on the wall in front of the people, and the people tried to guess what the guards were carrying, whereas, in reality they had no idea. Your idea of using shadows just vaguely reminded me of this paper…Well…in any case, it's a wonderful philsophical piece, and I like the name.

Here's a link to the paper.
The Allegory of the Cave
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Kira Dwenna at 11:33PM, Nov. 23, 2006
(online)
Name suggestions:

Casting Light
Under the Influence
Shadow Puppet Theatre
Mock Puppet Theatre
In the Dark
Dark Antics

This reminds me a little bit of a play I heard about. It was done with the lights off, and the actors walked around the stage as if they could see: confident and assured, while the audience tried to figure out what was going on.
Then, in the second act, the theatre would turn the lights on. The audience could now see, but the actors couldn't.
It was a neat concept. ^-^

I like your idea, by the way. I could also do one or two stories. Would you like me to send you a sample? How long can they be?
Why be a Lesbian if you can't be Serious about it?

“Webcomics should be as fun to write, as they are to draw, as they are to read.”
-Kira
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
skoolmunkee at 12:06AM, Nov. 24, 2006
(offline)
That sounds like a really cute idea. :) I hope you get lots of ideas (and enough time to do them, haha).

I kind of like Shadow Puppets, or Shadow Puppet Theater (or shadow puppet show, or puppet show, or shadow puppet stories, shadow stories, puppet stories, etc…) it's simple and gets the point across, it's memorable, and peopple will think ‘what was that one comic about shadow puppets? Ah right, it was named Shadow Puppets’. I'm always ambivalent about webcomics with too-fancy names, webcomics should never take themselves too seriously. T_T
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
Mimarin at 5:08AM, Nov. 24, 2006
(offline)
Namewise I still havent decided, but for those asking about length, the story I'm currently working on looks like it might end up being between 30 and 50 pages in length, anywhere up to 50 is an alright length.

Mimarin at 6:52AM, Nov. 24, 2006
(offline)
Backlight Theatre will be it's name I think.

Rimbaum at 11:05AM, Nov. 24, 2006
(offline)
Backlight Theatre sounds pretty cool. And I'm still up for writing a short story, if I can get a decent idea that would work.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM
strong414bad at 11:14AM, Nov. 24, 2006
(online)
I'm willing to write a story for it.
Why hello there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:59PM
Mimarin at 12:34PM, Nov. 24, 2006
(offline)
Backlight theatre is now running! It can be found hither http://www.drunkduck.com/Backlight_Theatre/

People who want to write stories should PQ when they have a summary of their idea.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon