and

3 3 3=6
answer
3x3-3=6

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Lonnehart at 10:26PM, April 21, 2009
(online)
My niece told me this one….

What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Prank at 10:51PM, April 21, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart

Anyone can roast beef. Only I can pee soup.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Lonnehart at 12:23AM, April 22, 2009
(online)
Prank
Lonnehart

You better go see a doctor. And relieving yourself must be painful and burning… But that's almost the right answer. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
waff at 10:22AM, April 22, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Prank
Lonnehart

You better go see a doctor. And relieving yourself must be painful and burning… But that's almost the right answer. :)
isn't peasoup another name for london smog?

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
patoborracho at 6:29PM, April 22, 2009
(online)
a roast beef it´s solid, a pea soup is…. liquid?

ey! nobody did my question! first a did it too easy, now I did it too lazy to do it! :p
rokulily at 12:46PM, Sept. 8, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart

anyone can roast beef noone can pea soup.

patoborracho
math stuff

1 1 1 =6 <-this is hard.

2+2+2 =6
3x3-3 =6
(squareroot of 4)+(squareroot of 4)+(squareroot of 4) =6
(5/5)+5 =6
(6-6)+6 =6
=6
8-(squareroot of(squareroot of 8+8)) =6

Humorman
You have two pieces of string that if you were to burn one of them at one end, the whole string would be burnt in exactly one hour. Without cutting those strings, how would you measure exactly 45 minutes just by burning them?

you fold in half, then half again. each fold is 15 mins, burn 3 folds.

ProductPlacement
stuff

Its either the Norwegian has the fish or no one- they never said the 5th animal was a fish. Or i'm wrong. There's that too.

cool guy
If three cats catch three mice in three minutes, how many cats would be needed to catch 100 mice in 100 minutes?

100 cats, because once the cat has a mouse already why would it want another?

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Product Placement at 2:14PM, Sept. 8, 2009
(online)
rokulily
ProductPlacement
stuff
Its either the Norwegian has the fish or no one- they never said the 5th animal was a fish. Or i'm wrong. There's that too.
While it's true that the fish is not mentioned in the clues, it's still a part of the answer. It's not a trick question.

I solved this myself before posting it and (grudgingly) had to do it again to confirm if you were correct or not but according to my papers, it's not the Norwegian.

The best way to figure this out is to make a graph where you put in all the known variables (like the Norwegian lives furthest to the left, the person in the middle drinks milk, etc). Then put the clues that fit best, next to those facts. Then put the clues the fit the best, next to those. Think of it as a Suduko with words instead of numbers.
rokulily
cool guy
If three cats catch three mice in three minutes, how many cats would be needed to catch 100 mice in 100 minutes?
100 cats, because once the cat has a mouse already why would it want another?
That's true, if it's supposed to be a trick question. Otherwise the three original cat's will suffice (since the three of them seem quite capable at capturing a mouse, every minute).

Since this thread was resurrected, here's another riddle. Now don't go and solve this by looking it up (that's cheating).

I'm more powerful then God.
More evil then the Devil.
The rich need me,
The poor have me
and if you eat me, you will die.
What am I?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
humorman at 2:51PM, Sept. 8, 2009
(offline)
Lonnehart

Anyone can roast beef no one can pea soup.

patoborracho
math stuff

(1+1+1)! = 6
2+2+2 = 6
3x3-3 = 6
(4-4/4)! = 6
5+5/5 = 6
6+6-6 = 6
7-7/7 = 6
(sqrt(8+8/8))! = 6

Humorman
You have two pieces of string that if you were to burn one of them at one end, the whole string would be burnt in exactly one hour. Without cutting those strings, how would you measure exactly 45 minutes just by burning them?

Burn both ends of the first string, and one end of the second string at the same time. After the first string completely burns (30 mins.), light the remaining end of the second string which will have burned have the material already. After the second string completely burns (15 mins.), exactly 45 minutes will have elapsed.

cool guy

If 3 mice can catch 3 mice in 3 minutes, then 1 cat can catch 1 mouse in 3 minutes, which means one cat can catch mice at a rate of 1/3 of a mouse per minute. That means one cat can catch 33 and 1/3 mice in 100 minutes. Ultimately, 3 cats can catch 100 mice in 100 minutes.

Product Placement
Since this thread was resurrected, here's another riddle. Now don't go and solve this by looking it up (that's cheating).

I'm more powerful then God.
More evil then the Devil.
The rich need me,
The poor have me
and if you eat me, you will die.
What am I?

Nothing.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
humorman at 3:11PM, Sept. 8, 2009
(offline)
Pirate Riddle

Five pirates find a treasure chest containing 500 gold coins. The pirates decide to use a process to see how they should split this gold. First, one pirate will have to determine which pirates should get how much gold. If at least half of the five pirates agree with this plan, then this is how the gold will be split. Otherwise, that pirate will be killed and another pirate will have to determine which pirates should get how much gold. This process is continued until at least half of the remaining living pirates agree on a plan.

As the first pirate up, how would you appropriate the gold in order to get the most money without being killed? Keep in mind that the other four pirates are incredibly smart and will also need sound reasoning on your part in order for them to vote for you. Also, this is not a trick question. Logic can and should be used in solving the answer.

Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
rokulily at 5:04PM, Sept. 8, 2009
(online)
humorman
Pirate Riddle

Five pirates find a treasure chest containing 500 gold coins. The pirates decide to use a process to see how they should split this gold. First, one pirate will have to determine which pirates should get how much gold. If at least half of the five pirates agree with this plan, then this is how the gold will be split. Otherwise, that pirate will be killed and another pirate will have to determine which pirates should get how much gold. This process is continued until at least half of the remaining living pirates agree on a plan.

As the first pirate up, how would you appropriate the gold in order to get the most money without being killed? Keep in mind that the other four pirates are incredibly smart and will also need sound reasoning on your part in order for them to vote for you. Also, this is not a trick question. Logic can and should be used in solving the answer.

split the gold 3 ways
100 you, 149 second pirate(still gets more gold then you, and gets to live as the odds of 2 vs 1 is better (on the third turn)then 2 vs 2), 251(the third pirate, can't get a better deal) Also mention how 3 vs 2 is better odds then 2 vs 2 in a fight when the deal goes sour after the 2 other pirates get gyped the next turn…

PP… I think this fits the rules though… Where did i mess up?

fish cat dog horse parrot
t.mix prince dunhill bl.mast pallm.
coffee water milk beer tea
green blue yellow red white
Norway German Swede Brit.s Dane
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Product Placement at 5:51PM, Sept. 8, 2009
(online)
rokulily
PP… I think this fits the rules though… Where did i mess up?

fish cat dog horse parrot
t.mix prince dunhill bl.mast pallm.
coffee water milk beer tea
green blue yellow red white
Norway German Swede Brit.s Dane
D. The Green house is to the left of the white house. (The Green house is supposed to be next to the white house, on it's left side (my mistake for not making it clearer).
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
ParkerFarker at 10:02PM, Sept. 8, 2009
(online)
Hippie Van
Hakoshen
You have an unmarked, transparent single gallon jar of water, and you have to pour exactly half of it into a jar that is only 3/4 of a gallon, AND opaque so you can't see how much water is inside. Without using anything to measure or weigh it, how can you tell when you have poured exactly half into the second jar?

I have heard a similar version that I could figure out where there were 3 jars, rather than two, but I don't know the answer to this one.

yeah, that version was in Die Hard with A Vengeance. Good movie, good movie

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Faliat at 3:57AM, Sept. 9, 2009
(offline)
Where can you see a plough inside of a bear that points towards the North?

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
crocty at 6:19AM, Sept. 9, 2009
(offline)
Faliat
In my basement.
I can explain everything. D:
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:31AM, Sept. 9, 2009
(online)
There are 2 rooms, one with 3 light bulbs mounted on the wall, one with 3 switches. Your goal: to figure out which switch goes to which light bulb.

These 2 rooms are separate and once inside one, you cannot see inside the other. The room with the 3 switches has 1 switch connected to 1 light bulb in the other room. There are no tricks to the wiring, each individual switch goes to exactly 1 light bulb, and vice versa.

You start out in the room with the switches. You can only go into the room with the light bulbs once. How do you find out which switch goes to which light bulb?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
crocty at 8:58AM, Sept. 9, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
There are 2 rooms, one with 3 light bulbs mounted on the wall, one with 3 switches. Your goal: to figure out which switch goes to which light bulb.

These 2 rooms are separate and once inside one, you cannot see inside the other. The room with the 3 switches has 1 switch connected to 1 light bulb in the other room. There are no tricks to the wiring, each individual switch goes to exactly 1 light bulb, and vice versa.

You start out in the room with the switches. You can only go into the room with the light bulbs once. How do you find out which switch goes to which light bulb?

Hmm, I'm guessing you turn one on, wait a long long time until it goes out, then turn another on.
Go in, see which ones gone and broken, and you know which switch that is. Check which one is on, and you know that one too. Then you can guess the other by process of elimination.

…Or do we not have time to wait? >_>
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
humorman at 12:19PM, Sept. 9, 2009
(offline)
rokulily
humorman
Pirate Riddle

split the gold 3 ways
100 you, 149 second pirate(still gets more gold then you, and gets to live as the odds of 2 vs 1 is better (on the third turn)then 2 vs 2), 251(the third pirate, can't get a better deal) Also mention how 3 vs 2 is better odds then 2 vs 2 in a fight when the deal goes sour after the 2 other pirates get gyped the next turn…

There's a better way in which you can get over 99% of the gold.

humorman at 12:25PM, Sept. 9, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

Turn on two switches, wait a minute, then turn off one of them. Then, go to the room with the bulbs. The lit bulb will be from the switch you left on, the unlit bulb that feels warm will be from the switch you left on for a minute then turned off, and the last bulb will be from the switch you didn't touch.

Faliat at 12:52PM, Sept. 9, 2009
(offline)
crocty
Faliat
In my basement.
I can explain everything. D:
I knew I was making it too hard!

Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:41PM, Sept. 9, 2009
(online)
humorman
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

Turn on two switches, wait a minute, then turn off one of them. Then, go to the room with the bulbs. The lit bulb will be from the switch you left on, the unlit bulb that feels warm will be from the switch you left on for a minute then turned off, and the last bulb will be from the switch you didn't touch.

Perfect. Crocty's idea works too if you want to wait until one breaks/wear out :D

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Faliat at 9:20AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
Anybody got mine yet?

I'll give you a hint:

Alaskans should know!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
pato at 6:12PM, Feb. 24, 2010
(online)
Faliat
Anybody got mine yet?

I'll give you a hint:

Alaskans should know!

Xtremely hard D:

I went to Alaska, and nobody knows it.
Product Placement at 3:10AM, Feb. 25, 2010
(online)
Faliat
Where can you see a plough inside of a bear that points towards the North.
The plough (or the big dipper) is in the bear constellation and points to the North star.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Kroatz at 3:39AM, Feb. 25, 2010
(online)
The chupacabra and the fridge:
How do you stuff a chupacabra into a fridge?

The goat and the fridge:
How do you stuff a goat into a fridge?

The father and his son:
A father and his son are driving a car, suddenly a manbearpig walks onto the road. The father saw the manbearpig too late and hit a tree, the father was dead on impact but the boy was rushed to the hospital. At the hospital the boy was rushed into an operating room. in the operating room the doctor suddenly walked out, one of the nurses walked after the doctor and asked what was wrong. This is what the doctor said:
I cannot operate on this boy because he is my son!
How can this be?

The bucket and the politician:
What's the difference between a bucket filled with shit and a politician?
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Product Placement at 3:44AM, Feb. 25, 2010
(online)
Sigh… the good old oldies.

How do you stuff a chupacabra into a fridge?
You open the fridge, put the chupacabra in and close it.

How do you stuff a goat into a fridge?
You open the fridge, take the chupacabra out, put the goat in and close.

I cannot operate on this boy because he is my son!
How can this be?
It's his mother.

What's the difference between a bucket filled with shit and a politician?
The bucket.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 5:43AM, Feb. 25, 2010
(online)
Yay…
those where really the oldies. I miss those.
I do have more…

It's green:
It's green, big and not a tank.

Fathers and sons
Two fathers and two sons went to a fancy restaurant. Each of them ordered a plate of eggs and some orange juice. The waitress came back with their order and put three plates of eggs and three glasses of orange juice on the table.
Did the make a mistake?

Eggs:
an orange is as big as two eggs. A basket has enough room for 12 oranges. how many eggs can you put in an empty basket?

Who am I:
I am weightless but you can see me, put me in a bucket and I'll make the bucket lighter.

What am I:
When you have me you want to share me, when you share me you won't have me anymore.

Divers:
Why do divers fall backwards into the water?
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
crocty at 8:45AM, Feb. 25, 2010
(offline)
It's green:
It's green, big and not a tank.

It is a building which is painted green for some absurd reason

Fathers and sons
Two fathers and two sons went to a fancy restaurant. Each of them ordered a plate of eggs and some orange juice. The waitress came back with their order and put three plates of eggs and three glasses of orange juice on the table.
Did the make a mistake?

Why yes, the two fathers are two sons to someone, meaning they should've brought two plates, that silly French bastard.

Eggs:
an orange is as big as two eggs. A basket has enough room for 12 oranges. how many eggs can you put in an empty basket?

I'd say 24, but no one puts eggs in a basket empty, that would be hapharzardous! So….12? idk

Who am I:
I am weightless but you can see me, put me in a bucket and I'll make the bucket lighter.

Light

What am I:
When you have me you want to share me, when you share me you won't have me anymore.

Agh I dunno. Some abstract concept, like a story, or something.

Divers:
Why do divers fall backwards into the water?

Because they fell off the diving board with their back pointing towards the water.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Product Placement at 11:42AM, Feb. 25, 2010
(online)
I only knew these ones.

Fathers and sons
It's a grandfather, father and son.

Eggs:
How many eggs can you put in an empty basket?
Only one. It's no longer empty after that.

Who am I:
A hole.

It's a shame, I knew few that I could throw out but most of them are in a different language and won't translate well into English, since most of them were play on words.

Here are couple of silly joke questions I remembered, that I could translate. I'll try to remember more serious ones later.

Q:What alternates between black and white as it rolls down the stairs?

Q:Why did the idiot sneak past the pharmacy?

And this one is originally from English:

Q:When is door not a door.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 2:38PM, Feb. 25, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
Fathers and sons
It's a grandfather, father and son.

The grandfather must have had a father at one point too, making all of them sons!

YOU'RE ALL SONS/DAUGHTERS! D=< ADMIT IT.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon