Networking & Community Projects*

Scampenstein: UK Writer seeks Comic/Graphic Artist for collaboration. Royalty based payment.
cap10xb1s at 1:47AM, April 17, 2008
(offline)
Hi My name is Brendan and I'm looking to collaborate with an artist in putting my SCAMPENSTEIN - Frankenstein-with-dogs screenplay idea into a comic book format to be created and distributed through Lulu and other on-line retailers i.e.Amazon.

Payment for artist would be on 50% of royalties of comic book sales ONLY. All other rights would reserved by me though there might well be a discretionary payment should the story be optioned/produced as a childrens feature animation.

I want to do this in order to promote the story and hopefully create enough interest for an animation/production company to pick up the idea and make it into a feature film.

The alternative if that doesn't happen is to market it myself by adapting the strategies for music marketing outlined by Andrew Dubbber in his free e-book at www.newmusicstrategies.com/ebook and then use funds raised to have the film made myself under my own direction. I would also create merchandising materials through cafepress.com / spreadshirts.com or similar in order to raise funds. You would get a negotiated share of royalties from this too.

There would be two versions of the comic book available on Lulu - a free downloadable PDF which would be essentially a marketing tool and also a real paid-for book.

The artist I want should have a convincing track record/portfolio in order to be considered. I want collaborators not prima donnas. You must be a friendly, people person etc who wants to be in it for the long haul. I don't mind students or similar as long as you can produce the goods.

It would probably help if you are familiar with London and good at drawing dogs.

Your gain would be great exposure plus 50% of royalty payments on the paid-for comic book

I see this as a great opportunity for the right person to come on board an exciting project which has a great story and great potential.

Get in touch if you are interested and I can send on my Bio, a synopsis and script samples.

Brendan O'Neill
Birmingham, England

skype=human_pinball

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon