Networking & Community Projects*

Super
soulcelshade at 10:21AM, April 19, 2008
(offline)
I don't want to write or draw this, but I'm contributing an idea. Super, a superhero comic that takes a realistic look at everything you know about superheros, with action, probably drama and other stuff. I would love to see this idea made real, but by somebody else. because i can't draw superhero stuff or write.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
DAJB at 12:32PM, April 20, 2008
(online)
I think you just described my existing comic!
;-)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
skoolmunkee at 3:24PM, April 20, 2008
(offline)
Also, try Powers :) And um, I'm sure there are others I've read… not to mention the Incredibles. it isn't really a new idea, you'll have to do something special with it. :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Doctor Shadow at 7:36AM, April 22, 2008
(online)
Gotta agree with DAJB and Skoolmunkee there, there's also Bulletproof which is an excellent Superhero comic.
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Vakanai at 10:11AM, April 24, 2008
(online)
You'd have to find an extra little hook as it were. For example, a superhero in a day and age when heroes are no more. The last superhero in a world that doesn't need him anymore. Drawing a small check from the government for staying on standby in case they need him for helping against natural disasters, wondering why the last few villains left just had to go legit, and wondering why a celebrity superhero with a ton of star power is mostly broke more often than not.
And the final question he may wonder to himself: Where did all the heroes go?

Throw in a love interest or two, maybe a shady conspiracy, and possibly the horrors of trying to get a part time job while avoiding the hero worshipping mobs and you got a lot of possibilities there.

Your idea is good, it just needs a few new angles. And even what I thought up has probably been done at least once, so you'd really have to work on how to bring the originality in it out.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
soulcelshade at 3:02PM, April 30, 2008
(offline)
too bad. i really just wanted to see a comic named Super, i thought it was a good title.
soulcelshade at 3:11PM, April 30, 2008
(offline)
okay, immediately after the previous post, i got an idea.(remeber that im just sharing ideas and am not planning on taking any part in this) has it been done? probably. but hopefully not. how about a superhero's escape from a government testing lab, because the government staged his death and captured him to preform tests on him to try to get his genetic code's secrets uncovered. just as they are nearing the project, studying the dna's compatibility issues, a powerless and mentally broken former hero manages to escape his containment room to make his way through to facility. insane and angry, he kills everyone in his path with a stolen gun, dressed as a security guard. any thoughts on that?
Vakanai at 10:59AM, May 1, 2008
(online)
flapjack1995
okay, immediately after the previous post, i got an idea.(remeber that im just sharing ideas and am not planning on taking any part in this) has it been done? probably. but hopefully not. how about a superhero's escape from a government testing lab, because the government staged his death and captured him to preform tests on him to try to get his genetic code's secrets uncovered. just as they are nearing the project, studying the dna's compatibility issues, a powerless and mentally broken former hero manages to escape his containment room to make his way through to facility. insane and angry, he kills everyone in his path with a stolen gun, dressed as a security guard. any thoughts on that?
Better.
Could flow more smoothly if he's a shapeshifter, then he needn't worry about stealing a guard's uniform to work his escape. Perhaps an older, retired superhero from the WW2 era, and towards the end of the war the government took him and told everyone Nazi's did it. A lot of possibilities can be made from that.
Oh, and give him a pet robot gorilla!
>_>
What?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
soulcelshade at 3:05PM, May 1, 2008
(offline)
that's great! wold you like to be the assistant? i might do this after all, if you want to write.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon