Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The Daring YOU
blindsk at 1:11AM, April 25, 2011
(online)
rokulily
not a single icecream truck drove past my house (either side, i was on a busy corner so this was actually a feat) for over 5 years after that.

I don't know how you survived…

And wow, just wanted to say that this topic was a fun read. Wish I could contribute, but nothing significant jumps out at me in terms of something daring. However, eventually I'll be working up the courage to talk to this girl at my local coffee shop, so you never know…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 5:10AM, April 25, 2011
(offline)
oh come on! Everyone has a story to tell!

And GO, ask her out! NOW, I COMMAND IT!
of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I STROKE MY MOUSTACHE IN A SUGGESTIVE MANNER!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
FormerDDer at 11:32AM, April 25, 2011
(offline)
I got a couple stories, I guess. But I only remember one. You can decide whether it's daring or “ballsy” or whatever.

I was playing a poker tournament with a big group of friends once (like 20 of us). You have to understand, poker was never really my thing. I know how to play it, it's fun on occasion, but past that I really don't care too much about it.

So we had been playing now for about an hour or so, and it turns out that out of the 20, only three were left; myself included. The game was Texas Hold ‘Em. I was dealt a flush. After realizing the cards I held, I smiled, and had a dirty idea. The typical poker strategy is to be blank faced, showing no emotion whatsoever. This is so your opponents can’t read you, and thus can't imagine which cards you have.

My idea was to do the exact opposite.

I had the first bet, and I checked, remarking that I have nothing so there's no point in betting. My friend then bet $1000 (in chips, obviously). My other friend raised it to $2000, and the other called. Everyone looked at me, waiting for me to make my move. I groaned. “Ugh,” I said, “@#$% this game.” I put my hand face down on the table, and said “I don't even care anymore, I'm all in.” The friend that originally bet $1000 tried to stop me. “C'mon bro,” he said, “you've been playing for THIS long, ‘might as well at least try to @#$%ing win.”

I shook my head, “Nah man, I don’t have sh*t anyways. Seriously, I'm all in. I don't even feel like playing anymore.” They shrugged it off, and the game went on. The river was was dealt, and the other two had ended up going all in anyways; so this was the final game. It was time to show up hands. My friend shows he has 2 pairs with Ace high. My other friend had a straight. They both look at me and ask me to show up. I groaned and shook my head. “Man, I hate playing with you guys,” I said. Then as I flipped my hand over, I finished, “… ‘cause you’re way too @#$%ing predictable.”

“You mother @#$%er,” they said as we burst into laughter. The other daring moments I have were bluffs in mock trials that lead to me winning… but I can't remember exactly what they were right now. I know one was quoting a law that had nothing to do with case, and a presenting it as if it had everything to do with it; and the other was calling in a witness after the judge explicitly said no other witnesses will be necessary.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
FormerDDer at 11:41AM, April 25, 2011
(offline)
blindsk
However, eventually I'll be working up the courage to talk to this girl at my local coffee shop, so you never know…

This is my response: http://www.drunkduck.com/La_Vie_a_la_Mode/index.php?p=758657

Go for it, bro. She's a person just like you; walk up to her and talk to her like you would anyone else. If you want, I'll even give you one of my pickup lines:

"Hey. Listen, I was going to come over here and say some cheesy line, like ‘have we met before’ or something. But you know? That's just dumb. My name is ___, what's yours?"

That has never failed me, and it won't fail you. And worse case scenario, she doesn't talk to you. You've lost nothing.
blindsk at 1:35PM, April 26, 2011
(online)
NickyP
"Hey. Listen, I was going to come over here and say some cheesy line, like ‘have we met before’ or something. But you know? That's just dumb. My name is ___, what's yours?"

That has never failed me, and it won't fail you. And worse case scenario, she doesn't talk to you. You've lost nothing.

Wow, thanks for the advice. Definitely going to steal this. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
FormerDDer at 8:31PM, April 26, 2011
(offline)
No problem man. Just drop me a PQ with details when you do approach this girl. I'm now legitimately curious to see what will happen.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon