Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The silliest things you remember believing as a kid...
Quote Reporter at 4:49PM, Feb. 1, 2009
(offline)
Santa. And I believed in it for a LONG time. I was 11 when I finally stopped completely believing in santa.

Boogyman of seven o'clocks. My mother always use this to make me return to my house when I was playing outside at night. But I stopped believing in it at 6 years old.

Tooth fairy. I stopped believing in it at 6 when my mother forget to switch my tooth for money three time in a row (nights in a row).

Now on for the silly parts!

When I was little I would never want to get out of the bathtub once I'm in it, so my mother told me that if she pulled the plug, the water would sank in the hole and I would go along with the water. She terrifized me because I through I would do down the drain. I discovered the truth pretty quickly (Only one week).

My mother manged to make me believe that she was 25 years old for NINE years, since my birth to my nine years old, that she is 25 years old every year. XD
On my 9th year of existance, I kept nagging my mother because Everyone else is aging expect my mother. She gave me her birth date and I did the math. XD I discovered her true age- in the 30's.

My mother made me believe that she has stored away an big tank of exotic fish in the garage for my birthday three years in an row (I was 6-9 years old).

XD I'm guillable, huh?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Product Placement at 5:02PM, Feb. 1, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
“Cootie”

I always found this Cootie myth to be so fascinating. Where I'm from, we don't have that thing. Girls and boys play together and there's no fear of strange infections. Where did that believe come from anyways?

When it rained, I believed that god was mopping the clouds. It wasn't something I was told. I just came to that logical conclusion. I figured if a giant man lived up in the sky, he'd want to keep his place clean from time to time.

I was also very surprised, the first time I was on a plane and we flew above the clouds, because I saw no angels.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
HippieVan at 5:27PM, Feb. 1, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
I was also very surprised, the first time I was on a plane and we flew above the clouds, because I saw no angels.

Haha! Me too! It's strange, because I wasn't brought up to believe in angels or any of that, but I just kind of expected to see them chilling on the clouds up there. I looked really, really hard, trying to see if I was just missing them somehow.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Koshou at 9:30AM, Feb. 2, 2009
(offline)
I used to think there was a tiger hiding under my bed, and if I walked to close to the bed it would grab me and pull me under. So when it was time to go to sleep I would perform a spectacular running jump from the hallway to the top of my bed. ahaha…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Downpour_guy at 4:49AM, Feb. 6, 2009
(offline)
I used to think that everybody saw themselves in 3rd person, and I was the only one that could see through 1st person.

And that cartoons were people in a funny suit that went into a funny looking room.
But, considering current motion capture technology, it wasn't a bad prediction.

Oh, and that there was a monster outside my bathroom every night. But he was afraid of the toilet flush, so I had to make it back to my room before the toilet stopped flushing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Lonnehart at 7:37PM, Feb. 6, 2009
(online)
Downpour_guy
I used to think that everybody saw themselves in 3rd person, and I was the only one that could see through 1st person.

Heh… I used to think that too.

And I also used to think that the secret kingdom in Mister Roger's Neighborhood was real too. O_O
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon