Networking & Community Projects*

Writer looking for artists for multiple projects.
summerhavok at 7:24AM, Oct. 16, 2007
(offline)
If interested in any of the projects below please e-mail me @ drakelb@gmail.com

For other work by me, please check out www.comicspace.com/summerhavok

artistic styles preferred: Kaare Andrews, MAD, Humberto Ramos.

The Two projects are.

A) There is a new webcomic site being backed by DC comics called ZUDA comics. (www.zudacomics.com). The way their site will work is, creative teams submit a book in 4:3 ratio (roughly half the size of a normal comic book page) for a contest. Out of the initial submissions a certain amount will be chosen to be voted upon by the Zudacomics web community, while 6 will become instant winners. If chosen to be in the contest there is a flat payment of $250 (which I will give entirely to the artist/s that work on the project). From there, if the “book” is voted in or is an instant winner there is another flat payment of $1000 (to be split amongst those on the team, I am again willing to take a much deeper pay decrees) from there the creative team signs contracts stating they will deliver 1 screen (page in zuda terms, which is the 4:3) per week, for 52 weeks (1 screen a week for a year basically) at a payment of $250.

My deal is that the initial $250 gets split up amongst contributors on the book (so if 1 person they get full $250, if two people its divided in half, etc etc)
The $1000 is divided amongst all members of the book.
The weekly screen pay rate of $250 would be broken up amongst those contributing with I (The writer) taking less then others.

The other project I'm running is for my own website, which will serve as a nexus for various creative endeavors. The site will showcase not just webcomics, but will have sections for video, photography and graphic design. The site will primarily be focused upon the webcomics though.
There is NO PAY for this, simply the ability to have a professional looking site (similar to www.dialrstudios.com) to showcase work. I've been published before, and I have worked (although nothing major) for bigger companies in the past. This is my way of letting higher end creators work on projects that will be heavily promoted.

I have a 3 step program to promote the site which will eventually include publication of 1st preview books and eventually anthologies and print on demand (either through comicxpress or other means). Once it comes time for actual print on demand, contracts will be sent out covering monetary compensation.

At the current moment due to financing the website and saving for the heavy promotions I can't pay any particular artist upfront. I'm also not asking for anyone to work on strict deadlines, or commit to something they feel they can't. I have several projects undergoing at the current moment. If you'd like to see other work I've done you can go to www.comicspace.com/summerhavok which hosts some of the pages from books I've worked on.

Hope this answers everything,
Take care,

-Jeremy Scully
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon