Voting

Female - Formal Wear
MadCat at 11:11PM, May 29, 2007
(offline)
chee2424
true but it's still a popuarity contest. Now should we vote for ones we would date cuz thats my next voting idea.

OF COURSE IT'S A POPULARITY CONTEST! There's only two ways to run a contest like this: one is to let people vote for characters they like (whether from the comic the character is in or from the contest entry), or to get a panel of judges together to choose the winners so that your opinions don't mean a damned thing.

I'm getting tired of people lamenting the fact that your character isn't getting as many votes as “such-and-such” because they have a fan-base to vote for them and you don't. GO OUT AND GET A FAN-BASE! Pimp your comic out a bit, tell your friends about it and hope they tell their friends as well. Post on the forums, join more competitions. Everyone who entered the contest has probably seen a rise in readership since, am I right? A couple more things like this and you'll have the basis of a strong fan-base, too.

And, for the last time, this thing is supposed to be about FUN!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:26AM
gothelin at 1:10AM, May 30, 2007
(offline)
Oh! *rawr* I'm so voting for Princess from Marital Bliss??. She rocks. :)

ETA:
MadCat
I'm getting tired of people lamenting the fact that your character isn't getting as many votes as “such-and-such” because they have a fan-base to vote for them and you don't. GO OUT AND GET A FAN-BASE! Pimp your comic out a bit, tell your friends about it and hope they tell their friends as well. Post on the forums, etc

Good grief. I can't believe it was necessary for MadCat to say this. I've been here a day and I already knew who I wanted to vote for. Wanna know why? Its really very, very simple. I saw the creator of the comic posting in the forums and was interested enough in her banner to click on it. In fact, she and Cthulhu are the only ones who constantly and consistantly post in the intro forum and welcome new people - its not really surprising that they are then well known. When I read the Martial Bliss??? comic, I noticed in her blog that she had entered this contest and wanted votes. I gave her mine over other comics I'd seen (such as Craving Control and The End - no offense intended to either of you - because I love both those comics too) because I really do think Princess is sexier and I really enjoyed reading that comic. I have no idea how popular this comic might be in reality, but I do know that its creator is active in the community - otherwise I wouldn't have found her in less than a day (less than an hour actually).

So, if you want your comic to have a fan-base that will be fanatic enough to vote for you, do something about it. You are responsible for your own success (or lack thereof).
chee2424 at 7:19AM, May 30, 2007
(online)
I know I'm one of those people and I'm not saying your singling me out. I set my own forum up just last night really. Now posting on DD forums is a wastes of time or at least I felt it was, but I wouldn't really know since one person commented. So his yelling about setting the forum and fanbase is too late. I'm on project wonderful for advertising, So I'm doing something about it. My story is also on all the sites where I can be found so I'm trying to get a fanbase. Oh yeah and friends know about it as well.

This comic is helping us to get exposurse for that I thank you mad-cat and inkmonkey. I'm sorry for being an competitive ass, the entire forum.
Rockster1039 at 11:43AM, May 30, 2007
(offline)
Rini!!! I say she's the best. I love her hair.
finalfantasyfreak_07 at 11:54AM, May 30, 2007
(online)
*coughs* Well, I feel kinda vulnerable stepping in like this but….

Can we go back to having fun, now? .. It really doesn't matter who wins, because the contest really does improve our fanbase, no matter what. So, really, does it matter? ^^; At any rate, everyone in the contest put a good amount of effort into their pageant submissions, so we should be appreciating the effort, not striking the people who have fanbases. They probably worked hard for it.

Besides, it's more fun when we're not arguing. ..;;;;; And I think the forum feels….uncomfortable, to say the least, when we're bickering.

^^; Truce? It'd be great to see everyone get back together before the next round begins.
http://www.drunkduck.com/Alternate_Earth/

“N00b?! Why, them's fightin' l337!”
giovanni at 6:39AM, June 7, 2007
(online)
my votes

1st :libra “creatis” mildragon
2nd : Thellrye
3rd :Rachel
I am the caid of my shoes and I control every toe-nail in it.
koiinune at 10:35PM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
1st vote: Honey Butter from Rainbow Carousel
2nd vote: Kira Nitestream from From Dawn Till Dusk

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon