Amazing Superteam

zudacomics.com
bongotezz at 1:12PM, Aug. 4, 2007
(offline)
i spent a lot of time today reformatting some comics for submitting to DC through their webcomics site http://zudacomics.com/[/url. there will be the possibility of winning a DC contract to make webcomics for them.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:25AM
bongotezz at 8:50AM, Aug. 5, 2007
(offline)
i have finished my 8 comic reorientation for zudacomics.com submission. :) one of 3 things can happen from this.

1) The comic rocks so much that i get a DC contract
2) The comic is good and i get a bunch of new readers but not the DC contract
3) DC files a cease and decist order

lets hope for 1 or 2 :)
Wesc at 1:04PM, Aug. 5, 2007
(offline)
Good luck, I hope you get the contract.
SteveMyers22 at 10:56PM, Aug. 10, 2007
(offline)
Did you get that email about their new viewer thingie too?

– Steve Myers, Creator of The Adventures of Superchum on Drunk Duck, and at Superchum.com
bongotezz at 7:43AM, Aug. 11, 2007
(offline)
possibly. i use my junk mail account for signing up for stuff so i dont get spam in my real account. let me check.

nope. but i dont remember what email address i gave when i started up. oh well, someone linked it on the forums anyway. looks cool.
bongotezz at 10:01AM, Sept. 22, 2007
(offline)
well, i've decided to not submit superteam to zuda comics. They posted a contract and the possibility exists that i may not be able to do what i want with the comic and i may be stopped from hosting it here have changed my mind on zuda. that in combination of them forcing artists to use landscape format makes it not really worth the effort. and since i'm not making superteam for money the $13,000 that they'll pay you isn't a huge draw either. here's a quote from someone on the message boards.

Someone
“Any time after four years from the date of Zuda's initial exploitation on the Website of the last piece of Material created by You pursuant to the Services Agreement, You may request, in writing, a reversion of the Rights granted to Zuda hereunder if Zuda shall have failed to pay You… at least $2,000 in connection with the Material (inclusive of sums paid to You… pursuant to any Services Agreements) over the two year period immediately preceding Your request.”

Reading this as cynically as possible, what this seems to indicate is that Zuda can hold the Rights to your creation in perpetuity as long as you are paid a minimum of $2,000 every two years. Since this sum is “inclusive of sums paid to You… pursuant to any Services Agreements” it's possible that Zuda will pay you the difference in order to keep a lock on the Rights to your IP. Say your comic has accrued a modest $900 in royalties in the third and fourth year of its exploitation, and is no longer an updated or active webcomic. If Zuda wishes to keep the Rights locked up in anticipation of a movie deal or renewed interest or whatever, they can pay you an extra $1,100 over the course of two years as your creation languishes, with you unable to continue the story on a different site. Of course, they would be paying you not only for any future use of your concept as outlined in the royalties paragraphs but also for simply sitting on the property, which is better than them sitting on your trademark and paying you nothing, but for some people, this stifling of creative and distributive freedom might be too much to bear.

i'd rather not risk losing the ability to keep making superteam since it's a good idea and i love making them and i have huge plans for the story line and it's the only web comic i have right now.
bongotezz at 9:28PM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
well, instead of submitting superteam i teamed up with coyote to make a comic. i submitted it on Nov 11th. the site says to expect 90 days for a response. if it gets rejected i'll post them here on DD.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon