Heroes Unite

Plot Suggestions
Nepath at 3:38PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
Put your idea for the plot here…

My idea is a simple one. The heroes have formed a global scale team. Depending on the arrising threat, a selection of the teams members are called to unite to counter the threat.

In this case i am suggesting that the military have engineered a being of immense power that has gone mad. They are unable to subdue him so the Heroes are dispatched. I would have the story start at a secret complex and then the battle itself would take place in the desert.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:24AM
literacysuks1 at 7:59PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
I was thinking whoever our main villain is could be having a rampage in the middle of the city (don't care which one or why) that drags all of our heroes in. So it'd be a great big stupid 20 page street fight.
Also I think there are better opportunities for character interaction if all of the characters meet up to stop one threat through coincidence rather then being a nice orderly team before the issue starts.
Go read my superhero comic…because I told you to
http://www.drunkduck.com/Acrobat/

Abt_Nihil at 8:09AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(offline)
I agree with literacysuks1, but I'd suggest the meeting to be simple so it doesn't drain the story's momentum. Maybe we just show one or two pages of what everyone is doing individually, how they're affected by the rampage before deciding to go into action.

So it would be something like:

some (5?) pages of the lab/rampage
some (5?) pages character introduction
some (10+?) pages battle
and a wrap-up scene (2/3 pg?).

If we're dealing with a rampage in a city it should carry through the character introductions… for pretty much everything else we'd have to intercut. So I'd prefer the city, even if it means some of us would have to draw more details.

EDIT:

I'm also moving my thoughts concerning the location here, originally posted it in response to a suggestion about placing the battle in a desert:
I'd suggest it should be something where we can really show the magnitude of the battle… if the story's kept simple, we should impress people with the visuals… the heroes/villains should have a chance to smash rocks/planets/whatever. I'm not so sure what we could do with a desert.
Spudsy at 8:26AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(online)
Yeah i kinder agree with Abt_Nihil, we really need to set it somewhere that isnt a void. or maybe even spread it out alittle E.g. if we was to use Nepaths idea about a villan who can absorb powers, whos to say he cant run/fly fast like flash.
That way we could change scene's at the drop of a hat.
Nepath at 8:49AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(online)
City setting is fine with me…you all know how I love a background…everything that you are all saying sounds excellent. I maybe would have liked to stretch the battle scene longer than 10 pages but as im probably drawing the opening scenes anyway, im cool with anything.

Abt_Nihil at 9:31AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(offline)
I think we should do more than 10 pages of the action scene too. Any thoughts on how many pages the whole story should be in the end? I'd suggest somewhere between 20 and 30, like a regular comic book.
Nepath at 12:30PM, Sept. 13, 2007
(online)
yeah I was thinking of this as 25 pages. Theres 5 artists and at that standard size there is an easy 5 page split.
literacysuks1 at 2:09PM, Sept. 16, 2007
(online)
In the interest of getting this thing started more quickly I've been thinking about the plot and I have an outline ready. I'm pretty sure the finished product will be nothing like this but it should get us started.

and uh I don't know enough about tazor to get him into the plot. Once I get some more information on him I can figure that out.

The story starts with hellfire fighting an alien in the desert (deuce), but the alien has superspeed soright now this is a losing battle. Deuce is trying to touch hellfire but hellfire's managing to keep him back with quick blasts of flame…until deuce grabs hellfire by the neck and runs with him so quickly that he can't really do anything about it. Deuce stops his run and throws hellfire aside, his powers now duplicated, they're in New York now (the best place for deuce to find powers to absorb). But hellfire isn't done yet, he sucker punches deuce in the back of the head creating a massive fire explosion that raises into the sky.

Throughout this scene we cut to last month, when duece was being created. All we see of him is an alien floating in a testtube with an unseen alien speaking to him (the unseen alien is manly an excuse to quickly describe deuce's powers.) His mission is to duplicate powers from as many earth heroes as he can. He can only absorb 2 powers at a time, and then he has to inject himself with a special syringe to “store” the traits of the powers for later use by his race…this is all told by the unseen figure.

Acrobat is out on patrol, he sees the fire and goes to investigate…I guess bombshell would do the same. Energize is floating in space waiting for his danger sense to tell him of trouble and when it buzzes he zips off to Hellfires location.

Back to hellfire, who is on the ground and about to be defeated by the alien, suddenly energize bursts out of the sky throwing the alien off of hellfire. To energizes surprise the alien hits back, hard. So for a few pages it's a three way fight between hellfire, energize, and deuce.

Acrobat and bombshell arrive at this point, just to realize the fight is a bit out of thier league. After a bit of sitting around the pair hear deuce blabbing about his power duplication. This gives Acrobat a very, very stupid idea. After finding out that bombshells powers are in her gloves and not natural he figures that if they can both manage to touch duece he'll lose the powers he has. Energize helps the two get close to deuce (his speed makes it easier) and they both tag him…deuce is no chump even without his powers though and parries any attack the two non powered heroes can deliver…until bomshell hits him with a charged up mailbox. While deuce is stunned energize comes in and gets the last blow, he makes sure to hit hard, because if the blow doesn't knock duece out he'd end up with energize's powers again.

After deuce is KO'd he cheesily self destructs predator style. The heroes are left to wonder where this creature came from, and what exactly sent him. The final shot is the space ship from his race flying away from earth.

…yeesh, that turned out longer then I planned it to. I think this gives equal space to all of the heroes…except tazor who I'll put in when I have more information.
Go read my superhero comic…because I told you to
http://www.drunkduck.com/Acrobat/

MonkeyMafia at 3:08PM, Sept. 16, 2007
(offline)
I'm glad you lept forward with a big idea. I think this will really get the ball rolling. There are a lot of ideas I like in there. Even though it needs a few additions, I think it's the starting point that we needed. I have to admit, I was quite skeptical about the alien idea at first but now I think it's probably a good route. Have we got any designs for Deuce? I think a few of us should make a quick concept design for the character design or villain suggestion threads, and then we could maybe mix some of our ideas.

Check out Hellfire for Dante's side story!
Nepath at 3:17PM, Sept. 16, 2007
(online)
as i am supposed to be heading this thing, i am going to attempt to make some final decisions.

In terms of basic plot outlines, i think that Literacysuks has nailed exactly what I wanted this book to be like in terms of feel. I will make various adjustments, such as the inclusion of Tazor (who i am very familiar with) and as i am writing i am reluctant to have Energize take the winning punch, so i will change that aspect, but as premise for this comic it is perfect.

Abt_Nihil at 2:27AM, Sept. 17, 2007
(offline)
Two suggestions: Instead of just “sitting around” I'd suggest Acrobat and Bombshell protect some innocents (there should probably be some spectacular scenes in which civilians are endangered)… so we should show what they can do and let them exchange quips at the same time.

And since we're already in NY, Bombshell wouldn't be on patrol but at the UN… maybe we'd have a shot of her working against a large window (showing the skyline) where we can see the destruction, alerting her.
Nepath at 5:03AM, Sept. 17, 2007
(online)
I Agree.
MonkeyMafia at 10:57AM, Oct. 22, 2007
(offline)
I didn't really know where to put this request in, but hey, it turned up here. Would it be ok with everyone if I can steal three words from one of Spudsy's pages? It's at the end of page 17 when Tazer says “…Gotta get clear…”. I think it would help the start of my page 18 flow better if I could use it. I know it's only a small detail but and you probably all think I'm some obsessive perfectionist. Which I just happen to be!

Check out Hellfire for Dante's side story!
Nepath at 1:15PM, Oct. 22, 2007
(online)
i don't see it being a problem…the script is pretty relaxed.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon