Angels of Shadows

Character Interviews
Kali at 6:07AM, Oct. 12, 2007
(online)
Between comic updates the characters get darn right lazy (or just plain destructive). To keep them occupied, a chance to interview characters (or question Kali or/& ConfusedSoul) is available.

Fenrir says Grrrrrr!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:24AM
Master_Chief_Rules at 11:27AM, Dec. 11, 2007
(offline)
This is to all character's (as I can't remember their names besides Eve and Fenrir). As the festive season is fast approaching, what's your favourite public holiday?
confusedsoul at 11:07AM, Jan. 13, 2008
(offline)
My goodness! I didn't expect to see a comment here! Well, seeing as most of my characters haven't had their names mentioned yet (That's the next chapter.), I'll put them down as what readers have called them. Sounds fair?
I'll also give Kali a nudge to make her respond.
Kali at 2:50AM, Jan. 22, 2008
(online)
In response to Master_chief_rules question.

Eve: Easter, thats normally when all the kitties :cat:, birds, doggies have their young, they so cute. :)

Tieret Glaice: I dunno… the Ghost Festiival? The monks and priests look funny so do the spooks…:kitty:

Oboro: TIRET! Where's your respect? :mad:

Tieret Glaice: … sorry…

Raijn: Halloween.

Oboro: What a surprise. *Glares at Raijin*

Anna: -.- Wha?

Fenix: Bonfire night and maybe the 4th July.

Kali: T.T

Fenrir says Grrrrrr!
Toshubi at 3:08PM, March 5, 2008
(online)
I've noticed your world has lots of creatures in it, but how common is it for say… a ninja mouse to run into serious trouble while wondering the landscape of this world?
Ya know that tough material they make the “black box” on airplanes?
Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
confusedsoul at 3:08PM, March 6, 2008
(offline)
Master_Chief_Rules
This is to all character's (as I can't remember their names besides Eve and Fenrir). As the festive season is fast approaching, what's your favourite public holiday?

Kassy: The Sakura festival, because of all the colours and the alcohol and the trees… I like plants.

Mearne: The new year, because it is a time for self reflection on past misfortunes and a time to invite good luck into the coming trials ahead.

Ka: That's almost deep for you.

Mearne: Also, I can drink everyone else under the table!

Ka: …Great. I don't celebrate holidays, they're a waste of time.

Vahn: …

Ymp: I like christmas, t'is the season of good will so everyone leaves their bins unprotected.
Kali at 1:23AM, March 7, 2008
(online)
Toshubi
I've noticed your world has lots of creatures in it, but how common is it for say… a ninja mouse to run into serious trouble while wondering the landscape of this world?

Eve: Well if it's specifically a ninja MOUSE, I'd imagine Corntail's may be bit of a problem.

*Ta' lyn the wingless blue gryphon looks at Toshubi and clicks his beak*

Fenix: Yeah, big cats? Gryphon's too by the looks of things, wolves? -

Fenrir: Any wolf but me! I can't even bring myself to even put a mouse or rat near my mouth ever again. *glares at Ka*

Skol: As a general rule most of the inhabitant's are pretty strange and are just as dangerous as any creature here. Take Eve for example; She has a bladed tail which (1) could slice you in the diced ham. (2) Slap you with the blades broad side (if she doesn't want to do permanent damage.) *rubs nose* (3) Crush you by constricting her tail. She has sharp claws on her hands, wings and feet. And to top it off she has fangs! A lot of people would deem her as dangerous-

*Eve shrinks back in her chair and goes red. She tries to hide her tail and cover her claws*

Hati: Skol, you're making her out to be a monster- but if you're either her friend or if you haven't wronged her in anyway, she isn't really dangerous.

*Someone ruffles Eve's hair*

Fenrir: The one question is “can you use magic” or defend yourself against it? I can but I can also eat one or two men in a mouthful so I should have an advantage but I don't Ka beat the crap out of me and he's scrawny.

Tieret: Kumiho's?

Oboro: They're dangerous to everything, they take pleasure in killing and they're single minded. BUT however you can strike deals with them if you have something they want or need and they can't get it by killing you. A slighty more psychotic version of the felines in your world I suppose. We Kitsune hold them at bay and clean the world of their filthy kind -_-

Eve: It would be tough for a ninja mouse but you would have to be on your guard constantly. It also depends on what area you're in, if you're near a city or town there will be guard patrols and hunters in the area to keep the monsters back.

Anna: Terra make big crawly monsters go bang! X3

Hati: Yes, we like fighting demons don't we Anna?

*Anna nods her head enthusiastically*

Hel: There aren't many creatures in my area but don't go in my territory. You'd be eaten in seconds by the people who “live” there. That and the chances are alot of the landscape would try to kill you. Being a gardener can be quite dangerous.

*Terra wraps Anna in her vine with her wood tail wagging*

Part two will be up soon.

Fenrir says Grrrrrr!
Toshubi at 3:41AM, March 8, 2008
(online)
Kali
Eve: Well if it's specifically a ninja MOUSE, I'd imagine Corntail's may be bit of a problem.

*Ta' lyn the wingless blue gryphon looks at Toshubi and clicks his beak*

Fenix: Yeah, big cats? Gryphon's too by the looks of things, wolves? -

Fenrir: Any wolf but me! I can't even bring myself to even put a mouse or rat near my mouth ever again. *glares at Ka*

Skol: As a general rule most of the inhabitant's are pretty strange and are just as dangerous as any creature here. Take Eve for example; She has a bladed tail which (1) could slice you in the diced ham. (2) Slap you with the blades broad side (if she doesn't want to do permanent damage.) *rubs nose* (3) Crush you by constricting her tail. She has sharp claws on her hands, wings and feet. And to top it off she has fangs! A lot of people would deem her as dangerous-

*Eve shrinks back in her chair and goes red. She tries to hide her tail and cover her claws*

Hati: Skol, you're making her out to be a monster- but if you're either her friend or if you haven't wronged her in anyway, she isn't really dangerous.

*Someone ruffles Eve's hair*

Fenrir: The one question is “can you use magic” or defend yourself against it? I can but I can also eat one or two men in a mouthful so I should have an advantage but I don't Ka beat the crap out of me and he's scrawny.

Tieret: Kumiho's?

Oboro: They're dangerous to everything, they take pleasure in killing and they're single minded. BUT however you can strike deals with them if you have something they want or need and they can't get it by killing you. A slighty more psychotic version of the felines in your world I suppose. We Kitsune hold them at bay and clean the world of their filthy kind -_-

Eve: It would be tough for a ninja mouse but you would have to be on your guard constantly. It also depends on what area you're in, if you're near a city or town there will be guard patrols and hunters in the area to keep the monsters back.

Anna: Terra make big crawly monsters go bang! X3

Hati: Yes, we like fighting demons don't we Anna?

*Anna nods her head enthusiastically*

Hel: There aren't many creatures in my area but don't go in my territory. You'd be eaten in seconds by the people who “live” there. That and the chances are alot of the landscape would try to kill you. Being a gardener can be quite dangerous.

*Terra wraps Anna in her vine with her wood tail wagging*

Part two will be up soon.

Well, Toshubi doesn't use magic. He does have this strange ability to know when someone or something is thinking or talking about him and the general direction of the thinker/talker. (This makes sneaking up on Toshubi almost impossible.)

Toshubi has no magical defences but he is very fast and has a knack for living through things that would normaly kill or disable the average furrie. (He just too stubborn to die.) He also knows how to get out of sight really fast too.

Toshubi's tactics are: hide, strike with suprise, then disappear. (Typical of most ninja.)
confusedsoul at 2:49PM, March 8, 2008
(offline)
Toshubi

CS: HEEY! My characters want their two penneth's too!

Mearne: The deciding factor of survival depends on research and preparation. All areas of our world are as dangerous as each other, but all of them can be easily navigated with the right knowledge and tools for the job. Excluding the Shadowlands, of course, but you have to be really desperate for work to head out there.

Ka: It really depends on your skills as well. As a ninja, I'm guessing your abilities are focussed more on speed, offense and stealth rather than out-and-out battles, which would present a problem with big creatures like dragons. Other than that, speed will get you through the most of it. Look at me.I'm not especially good offensively but a surprise attack works wonders against big things. Just ask that pussy Fenrir over there *Flips him off*

Vahn: Unless you are particularly weak to magic. Some creatures have certain abilities which can decimate non-magical creatures. Fortunately, their numbers have been depleted.

Mearne: Thanks to me.

Ymp: My advise? Don't even come here. Just run, run away!
Kali at 12:03PM, March 10, 2008
(online)
Toshubi
Well, Toshubi doesn't use magic. He does have this strange ability to know when someone or something is thinking or talking about him and the general direction of the thinker/talker. (This makes sneaking up on Toshubi almost impossible.)

Toshubi has no magical defences but he is very fast and has a knack for living through things that would normaly kill or disable the average furrie. (He just too stubborn to die.) He also knows how to get out of sight really fast too.

Toshubi's tactics are: hide, strike with suprise, then disappear. (Typical of most ninja.)

Eve: I shall put that to the test later… MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *chokes*

Fenrir says Grrrrrr!
Toshubi at 11:37PM, March 13, 2008
(online)
Kali
Toshubi

Eve: I shall put that to the test later… MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *chokes*

Maybe sooner than you think Eve.
Kali at 5:29AM, March 15, 2008
(online)
Eve: huh!?

Fenrir says Grrrrrr!
Mutation at 11:11AM, March 22, 2008
(online)
You say there is a lot of preditor based creatures correct? And they all probably eat the other preditor species, right?
So, if they all die very often, does that mean that they have tons of kids all the time to make up for the low survival rate that seems evident?

KALA-Dan! Reverse Trap!
Kali at 8:13AM, March 26, 2008
(online)
Mutation
You say there is a lot of preditor based creatures correct? And they all probably eat the other preditor species, right?
So, if they all die very often, does that mean that they have tons of kids all the time to make up for the low survival rate that seems evident?

*All characters look at Mutation blankly*

Skol: “…Haiti?”

Haiti: “…Dad?”

Fenrir: “Eh? Wha?…Eve?”

Eve: *sighs* “Stupid wolves. They spend a lot of their time stuffing their faces but in reality they know nothing. Back to the question. There are a lot of predatory species, that's true enough. The best comparison is a cobra for example, they do eat rats, birds, insects… anything they can their poison filled fangs into but they are also notorious for eating other snakes, this is the same behaviour for a bi-ruse I guess the vast majority of the creatures you have seen so far are carnivorous and/or are scavengers. Herbivores do exist and do contribute to a lot of their daily diet but humans are an occasional favourite. They're slow and easy to catch providing they have no weapons, pretty much like the other species babies. As a result the mother's maternal (and sometimes the father's paternal) instincts are strong to a certain extent but wear off after anything between a few years and a few weeks and if the lil' ones don't hot foot it out of there they'll be snacks for their own mom and dad. Sometimes even their own brothers and sisters.

Overall it depends on what kind of creature the parents are. A dragon can have anything up to 30 kids (if they belong to the subspecies that lay eggs or have live litters) in one go. Some have 1 or 2 like a human (eggs or live young), unfortunately if they are from the egg variety, the eggs themselves present themselves as food to other hungry creatures. Why'd you think I was angry when I found the Bi-ruse egg broken and partially eaten? Live young obviously go wherever the mother goes and are better protected.

It also varies from different regions. In the Shadowlands it's killed or be killed. This includes dragons, they can be easily overwhelmed by the weaker smaller inferior demons if the tiniest chance they stop killing each other and decide to cooperate. A rarity but it has been known to happen. Take the same dragon to the Kitsune Territories and providing they don't try to intimidate and cause the inhabitants any trouble, they do on many occasionally receive offerings of fish, chicken, rice and the likes. The offerings are kind of payment for them staying in their lands. Think about it, how many monsters want to have a face off with a huge power reptile :gem:? I hope this answers your question.”

Fenrir: “We'll have to give Kali a kick up the ass and force her play god again and design more herbivores.”

Kali: “Already on it…”

Fenrir says Grrrrrr!
Mutation at 11:05AM, March 26, 2008
(online)
Thank you! Wolfies and Eve are so fun to listen to. n.n

KALA-Dan! Reverse Trap!
Kali at 12:14PM, March 26, 2008
(online)
Mutation
Thank you! Wolfies and Eve are so fun to listen to. n.n

Eve: You're welcome!
Fenrir: ^^
Haiti: ^^
Skol: Woof! ^0^

Fenrir says Grrrrrr!
supermathsbeaver at 2:43AM, June 20, 2008
(online)
Quickfire question: Favourite ice cream flavour! :)
GREEN BURGERS KILL PEOPLE!!!!!
confusedsoul at 10:32AM, June 20, 2008
(offline)
Cas: You don't get much ice cream in the desert, but chocolate! ^_^

Ka: Pistachio. Or kibble. Or a combination of both.

Ymp: I don't like ice cream, it makes my head hurt.

Cas: That's because you're a guts.

Mearne: That's more of a kid thing, but Rum.

Vahn:…Fish.

Ka: You don't get fish ice cream.

Vahn: You should.
Kali at 2:11PM, June 20, 2008
(online)
Eve: “Butterscotch… Can't beat it.”

Fenrir: “Unfortunately they don't make any that taste like Ka's Soldiers… so Mint and Chocolate chip” *Chomps a soldier, chews him up and spits his remains at Ka*

Fenix: “I go near icecream it melts and goes runny. No icecream for Fenix.:cry:”

*Eve pats Fenix*

Hati: “Neapolitan. Best of everything.”

Skol: “flavoured…”

Anna: “What's icecream?”

Frenzy: “I-sssssss-cream doesn't work for me. Forked tongue doesssssn't allow me to lick or lap..”

Surikit: *laughs silently*

Frenzy (on Surikit's behalf): “Blood. She'sssss a vampire, what would you expect?”

Fenrir says Grrrrrr!
Mutation at 10:04PM, Aug. 30, 2008
(online)
Mutation: Hmn, I should ask a question.

Ah! I know! How about the plants?
I've got a mild Bioligist I'm sure. *Looks at Zara*

Zara: Foriegn plants?! *Trample Mutation to hear. Sparkly eyes*

Mutation: Also, can I get a photo of me next to Vahn? <3

KALA-Dan! Reverse Trap!
Kali at 4:52AM, Sept. 4, 2008
(online)
Mutation

Mutation: Also, can I get a photo of me next to Vahn? <3"

Skol: ARGH! THE SPARKLY EYES OF DOOM!

Fenrir: Sure we got plants. Trees, grass, flowers-

Eve: BORING! Almost every world has that! Almost…

Surikit (speaking through Frenzy): Alot of my ingredients for the potions are plant based for example you have:

*)Necromancer's rowan roots, gathered on the dark of the moon. Otherwise the bark will turn to ash seconds after removing it from the tree.
*)Eastern sumac bark, also gathered on the full moon. It will not come away from the tree if it's not gathered on the full moon.
*)Forked dragontears
*)Dragon's death-

Eve: Favoured by dragon hunters, poisonous to all dragons-

Surikit(continuing through Frenzy):
*)Satan's willow-

Eve: The vines seek out victim with in it's reach and impale them and procceeds to drain it victim of all bodily fluids…-

Surikit (continuing through Frenzy):
*)Snake camissonia-

Frenzy (looking pleased): Yummy!

Eve: It's the only plant Bi-Ruse favour over fresh meat.

Surikit (through Frenzy again):

*) Alpine death roots, used for necromancy.

*) Shadowlands spineflower, the most evil looking plant with great tasting fruit the problem being. Only the inhabitants of the shadowlands know how to remove the spines.

*)Dragon's firebush, used for explosives by humans and sentients and devoured by young dragons to help them build up their magical abilities.

*)Snow witches hair, these resemble long soft white reeds. Normally used for healing drafts but are very hard to find if you can't detect magic.

Oboro: I'm not much of a farmer, I'm normally in the palace keepng an eye on Tieret but I do know that there are:

*)Poisonous foxtail stems, gathered on the full moon. When gathered on the full moon the poison isn't a potient and has less risk of causing fatalities. The poison can be removed from these plants and used for darts and weapons. The Foxtail tea made from these have a fantatic taste if the poison is removed correctly. As these stand up on end alot of accidents occurred when the kitsune gathered them, a few real fox tails were hacked of in mistake for the plants.

*)Prostrate foxtail stems, gathered at dawn. The Kitsune make tea of these plants which also carry less of a risk than the Poisonous foxtail stems.

Eve: Purple Angelica and Saints Tongue, two favourites of a dragon but hard to come by. Good for use as a bribe.

Fenix: Rare catnip corms and Smooth catnip, gathered in the spring when the Ympan give way to litters of ympies. It's one way of getting the kiddies to behave.

Eve: There are monsters and sentient beings that resemble plants… did you want me to tell you about them too Zara?

———————————————————————————

Eve: Vahn's got a fan girl! As for that photo, We'll see what we can do…

Fenrir says Grrrrrr!
Mutation at 6:26PM, Sept. 4, 2008
(online)
Wow, so much. I like the Satan's willow. n.n

Zara: Plant beings?! Tell me all about them please! How do they eat? Do they photosynthesize?!

(You've created monster. O_o )

KALA-Dan! Reverse Trap!
confusedsoul at 12:25PM, Sept. 7, 2008
(offline)
Mutation

Mutation: Also, can I get a photo of me next to Vahn? <3

Ka: …

Mearne: …

Kas: …

Ymp: ………WHAT?! Why in the hell do you want a picture of them!?

Ka: The character with the least amount of dialogue compared to Surikit! They're a walking curtain!

Mearne: I guess this means….*dramatic pause*…Vahn has a fan girl!

*They all crowd mercilessly around Vahn and start jabbing them in the uh…cloak*

CS: *Jabbing Vahn* I'll get right on it, along with some plants and plant animals.
Kali at 3:40AM, Sept. 8, 2008
(online)
Eve: Well there are the Shrub sheep, they look like plants or a bush to be more presise which have stem/trunk like limbs. During the day they anchor themselves into the ground so they can ‘feed’. Yes they do photosynthesize, thats why you can find hude flock or crops of them in the day in sunny clearings. They move around at night to find more furtile land. These creatures produce prostrate aerial stems asexually where their young are still attached to their parents until they are big enough to absorb food of there own from which point the they split from their from the host.-

Oboro: Splinter Faeries-

Eve: Yes,
*)Splinter Faeries. These are created when some trees are attacked by woodsmen and lumber jacks. The splinters of wood that fly off the tree on the first couple of axe blows become splinter faeries which prceed to attack the offending person. After doing their job, they pretty guard the surroundinmg trees.
*) Vine vipers are a sort of reptile plant mix. They are blind save for the fatc that they can sense sunlight and shadows, they have the ability to smell just like a snake and have vines in place of the normal front claws with which to impale or strangle. They usually crouch amongst the plant life and are concealed by there enormous fern like tails. These photosynthesize.
*) Botanian's are much like the Drakal and Uuoyii but are the plant equivalent only this race is in for more of the farming aspect not the magic or the alechemy. These photosynthesize to so they don't eat much of what they grow.

Eve: That's all that I can recall for now.

Fenrir says Grrrrrr!
confusedsoul at 10:57AM, Sept. 12, 2008
(offline)
CS: Well, first thing to post first.

Ka: Vahn's too short.

Cs: I know, I was making them cuter.

Mearne: How? They're a helmet.

Cs: *Rubs the bridge of her nose* I hate my characters sometimes. Some other plant species for Angels of Shadows? I'll leave that to the mage to explain.

Mearne: So Vahn's a Botanist too, now?!

Cs: Who else knows anything else about plants?! Huh!?

*silence*

Kas: *Raises hand slowly* I know a little bit about them.

Cs: Fine, you two together. Get going! *jabs with a stick*

Vahn: There's Cliff Hangers. From above, the fleshy stumps of the root have the same appearance and feel as human fingers and can cause quite a startle if you have never come across them before. The rest of the plant grows down over the edge of a precipice where breezes can carry seeds for germination and the difficult terrain it grows on prevents wild animals from feeding on it's soft stem. The stem and the delicate blue flowers that grow on it can be harvested by determined alchemists, for use in potions but I do not know the effects.

Kas: Theres a group of flowers called Orus or Ympan roses, named after how the plant has a massive flower and tiny stem, like Ympan's big ol' heads and skinny necks.

Ymp: Which, might I add, is NOT funny. Humans have a poor sense of humour.

Kas: Yeah, sure, ANYWAY the Gawping Orus is named ‘cause when it gets to late summer it starts getting these little blotchy patches on it’s petals that kinda look like eyes, and it uses them to freak out any creatures looking for a snack by staring at them, like a butterfly does with it's wings. It also senses movement when something walks past through vibrations in the ground so it can turn to follow them wherever they go. It's all to stop dumb animals digging away at it's roots to eat the tubers that grow underneath. They're delicious, like creamy sugary potatoes.

Vahn: A Baowmf is a carnivorous plant named after the noise it makes when it captures its prey. The plant's flowers grow inside out, with the centre of the flower head being taken up by a collection of soft trigger hairs. When disturbed, the hairs force the petals to snap forwards into a normal flower head shape. The sudden movement causes a suction of air to be drawn into the flower head, also drawing in whatever unfortunate small creature triggered the response. The fine trigger hairs are actually very like hair on mammals and can be used to make soft brushes and the like.

Kas: Last one, Kissing Serpentis is a cacti with very few outer defences bar its spines. Because of this, the whole Serpentis species has evolved various flower heads with different functions designed to stop things eating it's stem for the water content. This one has an itchy fluid in the thorns inside it's mouth (most serpentis have some kinda snake like head) which sprays all over whatever nudges against it. It's really itchy, it burns a bit too and it takes a while to get the itching to stop. It's called a Kissing Serpentis ‘cause it looks like a pair of hot red lips! Sort of. With fangs. The heads quite useful in potion making as that’s where the toxin is made.

Cs: Pictures of these plants are on the Book of Desolation, along with the descriptions.
Mutation at 3:13PM, Sept. 12, 2008
(online)
Thanks you all! n.n *Huggles! Hearts! Love from Mu!*

KALA-Dan! Reverse Trap!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon