Skiv's Coffee Spoons

Random Musings on Super Temps
smkinoshita at 10:00AM, May 28, 2008
(online)
It's a little cold in my back office. It got me thinking about how my characters dress and what time of year it currently is in Super Temps.

I figure it must be early September by now; Molly would have graduated in late April. She would have searched for a job for a couple of weeks at least before meeting Jenny. A minimum of two weeks of calling before landing her first interview, and she's has at least four before blowing the snot out of Big Evil Inc.

Two more weeks at least before she lands a job at Bobslaws (it'd be around June) and throw in training and a few days on the job and it's probably July when she starts at Flask's coffee. She works there for a couple weeks at least to give Christine plenty of time to hate her. She starts at LeFrenchies in late July at the earliest, and it's probably mid-August by the time the dust settles.

So I figure her debut takes place in the first two weeks of September, when it's still warm. But as of the 28th of May she's at the docks, there's a strong wind, and even if it's still mild she's probably freezing her (rather exposed) butt off.

What this means in a nutshell is that pretty soon I get to make jokes about how inappropriate her costume is for fall weather. On that note, both Iron and Jenny will also have to change their costumes if they don't want to wind up with hypothermia.

It's also a good thing she's wearing plastic skulls over her breasts because otherwise I'd have to pump the rating up to an “M”, eh?

Super Temps takes place in Toronto. It gets cold. It snows. Some characters like Mr. Evil are resilient to extreme temperatures. Skully isn't, she's just used to it.

Am I going to move the characters to warmer climates? HECK NO! That's the easy way out! Besides, how could I possibly pass up the opportunity for jokes for how Hydromancer is even more restricted in his power use, how the girls (and Iron) are going to have to deal with their costume designs, and how much things would change for Supers in poor weather? And I like being creative; designing new costumes for some of the cast (for Hydro and Skiv it's just a matter of closing their jackets) will be fun. The only characters not changing their outfits would be Mr. Evil and Armageddon as both are basically immune to cold.

And on one final note: Hydro must have been BOILING during the coffee house fiasco with that scarf and coat.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:20AM
smkinoshita at 8:53PM, June 6, 2010
(online)
I tried a little experimentation in inking and got this:

Then I tried to shade it in Photoshop for a change of pace. I got this:
smkinoshita at 9:40AM, March 15, 2011
(online)

http://www.drunkduck.com/Super_Temps/gfx/MollysDadAvie.png

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon