Elastik Dreamz

Hi and welcome to my photostories!
silverrshamrock at 12:09PM, Sept. 10, 2008
(online)
At first I am just uploading all the photostories I have created to date, so that they are in one concise place and can be accessed easily. I still have a lot stories already created or started, and established story arcs to follow through, before there will be any real new stuff. So forgive me if you have seen most of this before on DOA or Flickr, or LJ.

These are BJD's – Ball Jointed Dolls, specifically “Asian Ball Jointed Dolls” – with a few aquarium props, my little ponies, monchichi's and crystal skulls thrown in for good measure. You can't just go to to the mall and get a BJD – most people order their dolls online. They come naked and unpainted, sometimes unassembled – and you arrange for the face to be painted ( a face up)you put in eyes of your choosing, select wig, and dress them. Then the fun really begins!

BJD's are realistic, sometimes scary so! They pose wonderfully, and are very emotive. I knew the moment i saw them I wanted some of my own, so that I could take pictures of them, and eventually do animation.

I don't own all the dolls you see in Elastik Dreamz, but I do own most of them – please ask me before you do any fan art or copy these frames anywhere else– some of the owners are a little udgy about that.

To learn more about BJD's go to http://www.denofangels.com/forums/ – that's where a lot of BJD people hang out. If you're in central Ohio – you should know there is a thriving and friendly community of doll owners here, and we have meetups regularly.

Love to hear your comments! Thanks for reading!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:19AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon