Q & A

Archived Listing
Kojika at 4:08PM, Dec. 21, 2008
(offline)
Here is an archive of all of the questions that have been asked frequently, and their answers:

What does Zos Kias mean…?
Zos Kias is taken from a “dead” cult called Zos Kias Cultus. Literally, it means something to the extent of “magic to yourself”. Hence why I chose it. Also, this cult was created when a follower of Crowley's magick theory broke away. Most of the information and magick you will hear about in this story comes from Crowley's theory with little tweaks on it. So, it does have a meaning..XD but all truth be told, this title was not the original title…in fact, it was like the 7th possibility! I held voting on my DA page to see what would win, and this was the winning title luckily (I like it X3). My original thought was actually to go with Carpe Diem…I'll just have to use that for another title X3 (it sounds to “drama-y” for this manga anyways…)

Umishin's name…?
Originally, Umishin's name was Umiko. But that name was entirely thought up at a convention just so I could label the back of a sketch of him. Later, when I decided to start uploading art of him and thinking of turning his story into a manga…I asked my sisters Sakura and Himeko for their opinions. Both of them thought that the name ‘Umiko’ sounded like it represented a small, hyper-active FEMALE priestess. So, with the help of Himeko, I changed it to Umishin…which now instead of ‘sea child’ he is ‘sea truth’ or ‘body of sea’ (haven't decided which kanji for the latter part)…his name DOES have a meaning…I actually considered using the name Umiko for his being, but thought better of it and went with Crystal instead. And on another interesting point…Umishin's original design had him looking more masculine than Light! Of course, now that seems to have changed…and a lot of people have mistaken Umishin for a girl…ha ha! I need to work on drawing guys maybe? Umiko is now the name Umishin's mother gave herself.

Light's name…?
Actually, Raijin, now Light's faithful cat, was Light's original name! At the very beginning, I was trying to make sure all of the names fit with the elements…but that has changed quite a bit and now some just fit with personality! But, anyways, I felt that Raijin sounded a little too…harsh…for him, so I decided instead to change it to Light…all about in the span of five minutes during an English class! An original possibility for Raijin's name was Storm…but that is now an entirely another character who has yet to even come in..in fact, it will be some time til he's ever even talked about! But, Raijin (thunder being) ended up fitting quite well with the cat…and the reason for that became part of the story! It was discussed in chapter 2.

What's with the panda!?
Ah, so you noticed the panda on Kazehiko's desk in chapter 6, ne? Well, it was actually done as a bit of a joke for my friend Komiko. We are writing a manga together called ‘Rakuen Ja Nai!!’ and that panda is a big character in it. So, I guess we also got a plug in Zos Kias, too! But, Zos Kias is my main manga I do…ahaha!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:19AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon