Gay Young Friskers BLOG

Introductions
Joneko at 9:12PM, Dec. 14, 2008
(online)
Hey all! This is joneko here. I figured it wasn't enough just for us to be able to talk at and with people when we uploaded pages, and I'm very bad at waiting for gifts, and trust me, the opportunity to work with the wonderful and talented Rei Davidson on a comic is like Christmas every draft.

So I'm not waiting :D I'm talking with you now.

Why Gay Young Friskers?

Well…first of all, our beloved Piper is just a wee bit gay. Secondly, it's actually a line from Robert Browning's poem “The Pied Piper of Hamelin: A Children's Story,” from which I occasionally draw literary inspiration. Maybe we'll make it a game later on, picking out where I slip it in there.

At some point I might post the full text of the poem as well, because it's really very enjoyable, fun, almost snarky. But I can't whip that out on the first date! That would be rude!

Though I will leave you with this:

Dictionary.com, based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary
Frisk
–verb (used without object)
1. to dance, leap, skip, or gambol; frolic: The dogs and children frisked about on the lawn.

So a Gay Young Frisker is a young person who dances, leaps, skips, gambols, or frolics happily.

Once again guys, apologies for my usual delays from the very beginning; Piper should be starting up officially January 2nd, with writing by myself and art from the lovely and much more consistent Rei. In the meantime, ogle at her cover and go read Paranormal Activity, Rei's other current comic.

Bonus points with the Joneko if you can tell me what artist inspired the cover's artistic elements!

Joneko, another Gay Young Frisker
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:18AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon