HA Town Hall

References for characters, props and locations
Sebastian_Sandberg at 10:34AM, Feb. 19, 2010
(offline)
Well, no-one else has asked, so I just went with what I figured it would look like. I've personally gone for the inside like a dome in the same blue/green interior colour as Fuku used for the last page in HA #1, but with Roman architecture near the outer flanks and a cirkular sand arena.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:16AM
Abt_Nihil at 12:44PM, Feb. 19, 2010
(offline)
Chances are nobody's seen fuku's page though. If you've already drawn the Colosseum, you might just post a picture of it here.
fukujinzuke at 1:02PM, Feb. 19, 2010
(online)
I think Mr. Hades was playing with designing the colosseum for his page too. He might have something already.
Sebastian_Sandberg at 2:59PM, Feb. 19, 2010
(offline)
Slightly wishing that some references would have been up earlier, as some of us just got to start on it to have it finished while the iron's still hot.
Abt_Nihil at 6:33AM, Feb. 20, 2010
(offline)
Sebastian_Sandberg
Slightly wishing that some references would have been up earlier, as some of us just got to start on it to have it finished while the iron's still hot.
Right. I kind of have to trust that this is something each artist figures out for himself though. The only thing I can do is remind everyone to check out this thread and not just go ahead and draw something which he or she knows others will draw too (which I think I did when sending out the script). While I am a control freak to some degree, I also know my limits (*cough* experience working on HU *cough*) - so I won't do everything myself. If you're uncertain about designs, post in this thread or PQ others who you know are working on the same stuff. How about someone PQs MrHades about this? He's usually quick to respond. I'd do it myself, but this might be a good exercise in responsibility here :P

(I know, I'm EVIL.)
Sebastian_Sandberg at 7:51AM, Feb. 20, 2010
(offline)
Well, someone HAS posted in the thread, haven't they? XD I just can't slow down when I start drawing, even to PQ someone, or I'll lose the spark that keeps me going and become distracted by online messages on DA, DD and several other forums.
Abt_Nihil at 1:49AM, Feb. 22, 2010
(offline)
Ask yourself, what would Jesus do?
Abt_Nihil at 3:39AM, Feb. 23, 2010
(offline)
*sigh*

Okay, I PQ'd MrHades.
Sebastian_Sandberg at 7:40AM, Feb. 23, 2010
(offline)
Sorry Abt. I was quite busy Monday-Tuesday.

And for that matter, I didn't know Jesus, so I can't answer that question. XD
MrHades at 12:53AM, Feb. 24, 2010
(online)
Will get a design up asap folks!
Hey, why not follow me on Twitter? User name: @THE_MrHades
fukujinzuke at 1:44PM, March 8, 2010
(online)
Has anyone drawn a pic of what the guards are wearing in HA # 2? Even just a quick sketch with color theme would be great! I think Seb has the first appearance of a guard in the chapter (page 7, I think).
Sebastian_Sandberg at 2:08PM, March 8, 2010
(offline)
Yep, that I have. But I'm warning you, my sketches are very rough. Hold on…

EDIT: There, that's the only finished sketch I have, the others are going through the second stage of pencilling after the blue lines have been applied.
fukujinzuke at 3:23PM, March 8, 2010
(online)
That's cool. I'll just gradient/bg color them since they're not the focus of my panels.
Hero at 7:14AM, April 9, 2010
(online)
Ok, so I got impatient went ahead and inked my page and this is the design I have for the colosseum.

The stadium-y part is what I'm primarily concerned about seeing as how that's where my pages take place. Has anyone else who's drawing the stadium already drawn it? Colored it? Also, the Ancient's box seat above the stadium? Has anyone already started drawing it?

K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
Abt_Nihil at 9:59AM, April 9, 2010
(offline)
Shots of the collosseum which I've received so far:

b/w art by Sebastian Sandberg, colored panels by fukujinzuke. fukujinzuke's art obviously doesn't show much of the arena itself, but I thought I'd include it anyway.
Hero at 2:48PM, April 9, 2010
(online)
K' Thanks. Since Fukujin's is the most finished ‘think I’ll rework it to look more like that.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
Meechi at 6:55AM, June 8, 2010
(online)
Is there any reference material for general locations in the entire HA Universe and how they connect, or is that up to the artist's imagination? Shuffling through tons of webcomics can be a daunting task.
SympleSymon at 5:39AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
Just in case no one knows by now…

Here's a link for the free downloadable link to the font that appears in the RELIK-suit's captions (the +++Red on Black+++ ones):

http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Armor_Piercing.htm

Enjoy!

Dave
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Retake
Abt_Nihil at 6:34AM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
Meechi
Is there any reference material for general locations in the entire HA Universe and how they connect, or is that up to the artist's imagination? Shuffling through tons of webcomics can be a daunting task.
I don't think so. I designed the HU war room for HU: EGO and the Commander's office for HU: Fury (so both can be found on the HU forums), everything else is pretty much based on real-life locations, I think. What else could be considered general locations?
Meechi at 8:06AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
Not quite sure. I just wanted to know if there was an already established world that had key locations for the heroes, but I guess some of it is left up to the artist/writer. Makes sense.
Abt_Nihil at 9:52AM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
The basic assumption is that all cities which are playing a role in individual characters' comics are existing in the same world… apart from Energize and Relik, I think that would be pretty much equal the real world. But even those cities are modelled after the regular superhero type of “metropolis”, I'd say, apart from some very specific places which haven't been important for HU so far (I think). Come to think of it, most have taken place in NY, what with UN HQ (and thus, HU HQ) being located there.
SympleSymon at 6:39AM, June 17, 2010
(online)
Abt_Nihil
The basic assumption is that all cities which are playing a role in individual characters' comics are existing in the same world… apart from Energize and Relik, I think that would be pretty much equal the real world. But even those cities are modelled after the regular superhero type of “metropolis”, I'd say, apart from some very specific places which haven't been important for HU so far (I think). Come to think of it, most have taken place in NY, what with UN HQ (and thus, HU HQ) being located there.

What do you mean by this, man? Relik's world is very much real, Sah! Why, you'd have to be blind not to see the many aliens invading our lives every week! Why, just the other day…oh, wait… sorry, had a reality-blur for a second there: Doctor Who is NOT real, Dave! My bad…

But anyway, yeah I think I understand what you mean, and I'm partially serious about what i just said - Ranosians (aliens) aside, the world I base ‘Relik’ in is very-much centered in the real world. And as for how it coincides with HU and HA and other characters? I could make a short list:

1) Ages ago, Lit and Dan had a character-ref swapping event, placing PowerPatriot logos within a shop in Acrobat and (I think) someone wearing an Acro t-shirt in Relik. If not, there'll be kids wearing them when ‘The Freerunner’ finally kicks off!
2) PowerPatriot has helped Exocet beat the Darkness in the past.
3) Azumorph was inspired by the life of PowerPatriot, I believe…
4) SHELL has commented, in the past, about the PowerPatriot movies, and how much he hated them and Brad in particular, not knowing at the time that Relik - who was standing right next to him - was Brad.

I think that's everything… but expect quite a bit of HU (and even old HA *wink-wink* Fuku knows what I'm talking about) referrences to come in Relik… when it finally picks up steam for good.

Dave
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Retake
Abt_Nihil at 8:50AM, June 17, 2010
(offline)
Nice compilation of cross-references! ^_^

SympleSymon
But anyway, yeah I think I understand what you mean, and I'm partially serious about what i just said - Ranosians (aliens) aside, the world I base ‘Relik’ in is very-much centered in the real world.
Ah, sorry, misunderstanding: What I meant was, except for Energize and Relik, the locations referred to in the comics represent real-life locations. I wasn't talking about the inhabitants or the events taking place in these locations. (DOES Relik take place in a fictional city? Maybe not and I'm just mixing things up. I'm certain about Energize though.)

The following could be considered off-topic, but I thought it would need adressing nonetheless.

SympleSymon
someone wearing an Acro t-shirt in Relik
That's ambiguous: It could mean that Acrobat is a fictional character in Relik's world, just as he is in the real (that is, our) world. I had people in Acrobat wear “A.D 1997” t-shirts, but by that I just assumed that “A.D 1997” was a comic book in Acrobat's reality. Just saying: Outside of HU & HA, whether characters coexist in the same world is pretty much open. At this point I am not acknowledging that all of the characters which appeared in HU/HA also exist in the reality of Bombshell's regular comic. For me, it's not that important (I'm not that OC when it comes to cross-over continuity), but someone (I'm looking at you, Al!! :P Just kidding) might say, why won't superpowered beings interfere in Bombshell's world when she interacts with them on HU/HA? So, officially I have to insist that the HU/HA world is a sort of parallel reality…
Sebastian_Sandberg at 11:41AM, June 17, 2010
(offline)
Seconded. Pararell world.

In mainstream Virtus continuity, HU and HA is nothing more than webcomics. And if a REAL crossover ever came to be, interdimensional travel would be implemented. No shared universe here.
Abt_Nihil at 9:29AM, July 31, 2010
(offline)
REFERENCE FOR CHAPTER 3:

Locations:
- HA Base of Operations sketches available
- HU Commander's Office see HU: Fury
- Berlin see below

Characters:
- Bleeder reference available
- The Guardian reference available
- Blue Jay reference available
- Bombshell reference available
- Peligroso & Wraith reference available
- Mr Imp reference available
- HU Commander reference available (same as HU: Fury)
- Relik reference available
- Azumorph reference available
- Comet Kid reference available
- Kaleidoskop #1 & #2 reference available
- Thrawn reference available
- Metahuman supremacist group (see also sux' designs here) SOME NEEDED (Three done by sux, but we need a few more.)
- Leftist terrorist group SOME NEEDED (One done by sux, needs only a little modification to generate maybe five of them.)
- Guido Westerwelle, German foreign minister reference available

Props:
- Hecate (Peligroso's motorbike) reference available
- Mystical artefact reference available

Note #1: I'd like to keep the “classified” bits under wraps for now, so there'll be a bit of surprise when I send the scripts out :3

Note #2: I think the only characters we need to create from scratch are the two groups - the metahuman supremacist group and a leftist terrorist group. Anybody wanna take a shot, knock yourselves out (compare designs by sux here). These should simply look more or less like what you'd expect Neo-Nazis and leftist terrorists to look like. The Neo-Nazi types have to be quasi-supervillains, able to hold their own against most HU/HA members. The leftist terrorists don't need that physicality, but to spice things up, I was thinking of throwing a bit of a cyberpunk style into the mix. These are basically pale skinny nerds imagining themselves to be Palestinian freedom fighters, or something like that.

Gathering location references…

Location of the showdown:
BERLIN - Brandenburger Tor (Brandenburg Gate)
, separating East and West Berlin between 1961 and 1989 & Pariser Platz (Paris Square).

Or search google for more pics…

Location of the opening scene: BERLIN - Oranienburger Strasse

Or search google for more pics…
Sebastian_Sandberg at 7:35PM, Aug. 2, 2010
(offline)
Metahuman Supremacists and no Virtus? Oh well, some people get to have all the fun. XD

Does the supremacist group have a name yet? Super-Human Independence Troop? Hehe, yeah, I'm terrible. ;) You had a good word there though… Quazi. The Quazis? Come on people, throw in ideas.
LuchaCoffee at 8:07PM, Aug. 2, 2010
(online)
National Metahuman Fundamentalist
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

Abt_Nihil at 2:57AM, Aug. 5, 2010
(offline)
sux
Somehow I doubt they'd be a national group.

(Okay, that wasn't constructive ^^; )
LuchaCoffee at 7:35AM, Aug. 5, 2010
(online)
Abt_Nihil
sux
Somehow I doubt they'd be a national group.

(Okay, that wasn't constructive ^^; )

Hahah no it is constructive :P

I was trying to do a funny acronym, but that is hard to do hahah XD

Oh I tried to do a Leftist for the story, I personally like it, and I tried to make it that kinda Urban/Cyberpunk sorta look.

I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

Abt_Nihil at 11:33AM, Aug. 5, 2010
(offline)
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Not sure about the radioactive sign, but it might be funny if each of them had a different sign on their chest. Like the punks in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns… not remembering whether they had similar signs, but I just mean: we could play with these stereotypes a bit. Anyway, nice one!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon