Fan Art

Fan Art Rules (and Rewards)
EssayBee at 11:42AM, April 22, 2010
(offline)
Enjoy Fusion enough to draw a pic of her or any of the other heroes/villains from her universe? Well, if you do, we'd love to see it, and you could find your art featured in the print version of Fusion.

Basic Rules

I guess the first rule has to do with content. Since Fusion is an all-ages comic, no adult artwork will be featured in the comic. Keep content PG-13, please. Also, if an image features swearing and gets selected, odds are I'd employ a bit of X-Pletive language censoring (i.e., black bars over the words in question).

For print purposes, you should work on your pics at 300 dpi resolution and a maximum size of 1700 x 2600 pixels. For posting here in the forum, you'll probably wanna save a copy at 72 or 150 dpi resolution and cut the pixel size down a bit.

Color, black and white, or linework is all good.

I'll post any other rules here as I see fit, or as I think of them.

Rewards

I've already sent Issue #1 off to the printer and expect it to go live for ordering in the next month, so it won't be until Issue #2 gets ready for print that I'll probably be ready to start a fanart section in the print issue. If your art is selected to be featured, I'll send you a free print copy of the issue your fan art will be featured in (a whopping $3.99 value!).

If selected, I will send you a PM letting you know and will include any further instructions in the PM. If you do not want your art featured, let me know, and I'll select someone else. (It is your art afterall, and I will not use it without your permission.) When the art is featured in a print issue, I will, of course, give full credit to the artist and include a URL to your personal webpage or comic so that readers can see more of your art. (As with the rules for the actual art, the URL likewise shouldn't go to an adult site.)

Also, you may get a personal shoutout from Savunn in her personal column in the print comic (“Savunn's Corner” ).

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:14AM
Legend Comics at 12:57AM, April 30, 2010
(online)

Yeah! Love that Fusion… and Grasshopper. I wanna win so I did this instead of my own comic tonight. Regardless, I just thought it would be cool to pay tribute to a comic I enjoy so much. Keep up the great work. Can't wait for the next issue.
EssayBee at 9:06AM, April 30, 2010
(offline)
Beautiful work! Love the way the characters look in your style (and your style carries their personalities perfectly). And I think you nailed the angle of the shot much better than I did.
VictoryPrime at 12:48PM, Dec. 20, 2012
(offline)
my name is Chris V, and I just
picked up your comic and i
think it's awesome. i made you fan-art, hope you like it. i have a web comic, too. it's called, victory.
it's about the rise of a superhero, who is literally born for it. thanks for your time and can't wait to see more.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon