Networking & Community Projects*

Crossover project--anybody in?
Niccea at 9:13AM, July 20, 2012
(offline)
sorry that PQ got buried in ones for the Drunk Duck Awards. Can you resend?
PIT_FACE at 8:29AM, July 23, 2012
(online)
hey guys! just lettin ya know that we've got the planning going on over at the other forum he should have PQ'd ya! so if you're still interested, nows the time to bite. and also, anyone that still wants to join in, it's not to late! i'll be checking in here as well and if anyone posts and it doesnt seem to of gotten his attention yet, i'll help get ya rollin.
Niccea, he said he's sent you another message, did you get that one?

shastab24 at 10:17PM, July 23, 2012
(online)
What Pit said (except, uh, with me clarifying my gender as female–it's an easy mistake to make online).
PIT_FACE at 10:00AM, July 24, 2012
(online)
oh shit, im sorry! dont mean any offense. i'll keep it in mind from now on. (i do recall now you said your name is Ave) hell, people confuse me for a guy on here all the time. i think it took a few years for some of my fans to catch on,hahaha!

Kou the Mad at 3:10AM, July 25, 2012
(online)
i have a character, but i can't draw so i'd need someone to draw him first.
is that acceptable?
PIT_FACE at 9:42AM, July 25, 2012
(online)
it seems to me that who can draw, will be able to, and if you cant there's no reason why you cant contribute! go ahead and show us what ya've got! i'll shoot you a PQ with details.

shastab24 at 8:45PM, July 25, 2012
(online)
Definitely lack of artistic abilities shouldn't hold people back. I'm involved, after all.

But really, it doesn't always take great art to make a compelling comic. Art is the icing on the cake–it makes everything look good, but I can personally forgive faltering art if there is a good story behind it. In the Crossover Wars, for instance, there was a comic involved called Alternate Delusions, which I think nobody is under the impression has good art. But, it worked well with the comics around it (Dasien and Evil Overlords United) and its story was fun. There were other comics in the Wars like this, some even more ingrained, and I don't think there was a great amount of clashing. It's all about the confidence of the creator and if they have fun, the stories should be, as well.

But I can understand if one would want to go with a separate artist. Sometimes you are not confident enough in your art and sometimes you just can't find the time to do it. We can all see how we can work past those hurdles. This is a group effort, after all, and such things should always strive to have each member of the group help each other out when those others need it.

I hope to see you on the planning forum. I'd send you a PQ, but it would be redundant if Pit's already sent you one.
joe5art at 7:53PM, July 28, 2012
(online)
I saw this a bit back and just refound it. I would be interested in being in it. My strip Elsewhere is more of a humor strip but My characters have a time machine so the can pop up whenever needed.
Kou the Mad at 10:41PM, July 28, 2012
(online)
alright then, i have a Character who i'd like thrown in, he will assist the Good Guys (well, i technically have 3 character, but this one is my favorite)
i'd like him incorporated, thats why i ask (Been Trying to find a artist to make a comic following him and his friends tales, still looking but considering the concept of Multiple Dimensions isn't far off from mine, he seems perfect for the comic)
I have Disgraphia (yet another one of the oh so lovely side effects of having autism……..joy) which basically makes it so my hands are always shaking, even my hand writing is illegibal let alone my drawing, hence why i require a Artist in the first palce.
PIT_FACE at 5:59AM, July 31, 2012
(online)
allright! ill be sending quacks to you both very shortly lettin ya know whats up!

shastab24 at 9:39PM, Sept. 13, 2012
(online)
I think I'll blow the dust off this thread, since I haven't been here in months. I've been acting a little silly in my comic, having two issues running concurrently for now the fifth month in a row, so I keep forgetting to push forward with getting people involved in this. Compound that with an IndieGoGo campaign I'm running to get print comics done, and things can get muddled in my head.

But I am still very much open to more people being involved. The more the merrier, and makes for a more fun story.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon