Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Why do you make a webcomic?
Dark Fenrir X at 11:52PM, Oct. 11, 2015
(online)
I've been drawing since I can remember (Clinton was President at the time) and I had a pencil in my hand. However, what I was drawing was mostly just insane doodles and me trying to one-up my older brother. As I got older though, I began to read a lot more comics (Star Wars specifically) and watching shows like Batman: TAS and Gargoyles after school. I didn't draw for the longest of time though. After graduating high school, I started my first real dead end job and realized I was going nowhere with it. I met a pal of mine who was into web comics and had one started as a project too so I decided to try it for myself.
cdmalcolm1 at 4:55PM, Oct. 26, 2015
(online)
Honestly, I don't really know why I draw webcomics. I don't make money from it. I'm not getting published. It's more or less like feedback. Like a tester. Because the Internet is sooooooooo cheap, it almost devalues comics to the point of most creators paying to show their work to a wide audiance. I guess I want, like everyone else, is some attention, feedback, a real chance to tell a tale.

It's like a hobby for me. What keeps me interested is helping out other creators. One of the most satisfaction for drawing a webcomic is using,(with permission), other creators characters into my story. It helps brings in their fans to see what other antics the characters are getting into.
AshenSkye at 7:34PM, Oct. 26, 2015
(offline)
Partly because I enjoy it, and partly because I found out it's a bit vital to my well-being to have that routine escape while I'm being denied my other self-care habits like exercise, meditation, and quiet time in general.
Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle!
My Webcomic: Just Another Day, Online since 2009
ashtree house at 12:54PM, Oct. 27, 2015
(offline)
I totally agree with Ashenskye, It's sort of my quiet, me time and allows me to be creative and in my little world.. which usually makes me happier as a person. I also like to draw, so why not!
Eleoza at 8:05AM, Nov. 13, 2015
(online)
When I was about 12 years old I created my comic.
It carried on until I was 17 or so. I enjoyed it and my classmates were always interested in reading the story. I was also babysitting a little boy and girl around that time and the little girl loved my comic so much. She was dissapointed whenever I told her I didn't work on it the next time I came over to babysit. I really enjoyed creating my own story and knowing other people also loved it was a huge boost.
Then life happened :)
I went to college, studied hard, found other interests…. had a gaming addiction, which I overcame! Anyway, I quit the comic during that time and forgot about it.
Years later I found the comic, stashed away in a drawer.
The memories came back, I remembered how much I loved the characters and creating this story. I sat back… and began to read the whole thing I drew in all those long forgotten years.
I enjoyed it haha, it had so many plotholes and silly events (I was just a kid afteral) It was fun. Then I thought…. why not re-draw it?
So that's how it all started :)
I'm mainly drawing my comic because I like it, because it brings back all those memories I had as a kid. And hopefully other people will enjoy it too :D
But fame and likes shouldn't be the drive for creating a comic. Like said; It will probably get noticed only by a small audience. BUT it's your story, enjoy it and have fun in your own dreamworld nomatter how big or small it may be.
Little pic of one of my main characters, drawn as a kid and the new version haha.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon