Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Introducing me and my comic
RobertRVeith at 12:47AM, March 9, 2016
(online)
Hi everybody.

I thought I'd pop in and introduce myself.

I only have one page up right now for my sword and sorcery epic Dragons in Civilized Lands, but I'm on schedule to update a new page every Monday for the next few months at least.

If you like Moorcock, Leiber, Wagner, Howard… those classic sword and sorcery type books, I think you'll like mine. My art style is influenced by ‘70’s alternative and pulp comics like Elfquest and The Realm.

I used to write and draw comics as a kid, but got frustrated with my skills. I feel like I'm finally getting good enough to tell the stories I want to tell.

Am kind of nervous about putting this out “into the world.” Like, I like it well enough, but have no idea how anyone else will respond to it. I hope you'll check it out and give me some feedback.

Here's the link to the comic: http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Dragons_in_Civilized_Lands/

Now, for some reason, this book hasn't shown up on the most recently updated list, nor does it show up when I search for the title in the search engine. Let me know if you can't access it.
C Cheng at 4:49AM, June 14, 2016
(online)
Unconfident in your skills? I have no idea why, your art is awesome and so detailed. I never have the time for such elaborate backgrounds on every single panel. Not only is your art good but your plot so far. However, I'm not sure if it's the style or the type of comics you are doing, but there are a lot of words in each page, maybe just a little too much. Readers testing out your comic can get discouraged if the first page they see is one where they have to try hard in. It's kind of sad but that's the way it is. Also, if you have a chance, find a way to improve your picture quality (the actual picture-document, not the drawings), some pages' text are hard to read full size but then blue out when you zoom in.

If you're uploading your pages ahead of time, they won't show up as “updated” on the day they go live. It's a problem that the admin are still fixing.

Hope this helps! Good luck on your comic, it's really great!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon