Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Tips n' Tricks?
Xerocorpse Boomer at 12:50PM, April 22, 2019
(offline)
Just wanted to reach out to the community to see what (in your opinion) is a good example or method for attracting an audience? Has their been anything you did that helped?
usedbooks at 12:59PM, April 22, 2019
(online)
Get involved in the community. Join community projects. Participate in art trades. Comment on any and all other comics you follow. Be present and visible in this and other communities.

Post on this forum but also any other forums out there. Be present on social media, join groups, take part in discussions.

Advertise! Get a banner and link out there on any of the free webcomic databases and lists. Buy space if you are able. A couple days with a banner in one of the DD ad spots can give you decent exposure and a boost (especially weekdays). Make sure your banner is eye catching with a good representation of your art and imagery that is intriguing/appealing.

On top of that, have a regular update schedule. Interact with your readers.
Xerocorpse Boomer at 1:53PM, April 25, 2019
(offline)
Thank you so much, excellent advice!
BearinOz at 3:39AM, April 26, 2019
(online)
Interact with your readers.

Haha - having some to interact with, would've been nice. You need them to actually comment before you can interact with them. Otherwise they're just part of the graph line on your stats B-)
bravo1102 at 3:59AM, April 26, 2019
(offline)
Not necessarily. You can reach out to them through your creator comments. Simple gratitude can mean a lot.

Remember studies indicate that only between 5 to 15 percent of people actively comment and participate.

Reading my stats it hovers at about 10%.
El Cid at 10:14AM, April 26, 2019
(online)
I posted a Google Survey in the Author's Notes of my comic once, to get some anonymous reader feedback. Seemed to work pretty well. The number of respondents was several times greater than the number of people who typically comment on my updates, and I did get a better idea as to what readers do and do not like about the comic.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon