Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Writing During the Covid Pandemic and Quarantine
Greg Kaley at 9:52AM, April 20, 2020
(offline)
Hello,

First off I admit that ones output is limited largely to your imagination with a dash of ambition and a spritz of work ethic. However, as I have been writing and drawing my cartoon panel now for four years as of next week, this time has been one of the most challenging periods for me to write. I'm pulling it off, but just barely. I usually have a number of cartoon panels in the hopper and each Monday morning will cherry pick the one for the week. Not now. Last night I was truly hunched over sketching out the cartoon I posted this morning;

https://www.coffeeandpretzels.com/

and only after I handed my first idea, fully sketched out mind you, to my wife and she nixed it. I can't be the only one bumping up against this. The zeitgeist has some shading of the social winds after 9/11. Just a challenging time to write. Probably just me.

Cheers,

-GK
tinchel at 12:08PM, April 20, 2020
(offline)
I've seen others talking about this so you definitely aren't alone.

But I've found this whole situation very cathartic. I'm not sure if it's because I already had multiple stories in my head/filling notebooks to choose from or not but I've done more art in the past couple weeks than I have in the past 3-4 years.

Now I'm to the point that even if I stop working from home, I'm still going to prioritize my comic/art now. I think i had forgotten how fun drawing can be and how rewarding the hurdles are when you succeed. I'm not letting myself compromise on pose/angle so it's forcing me to learn in a way that I haven't done since high school.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon