Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

WTF is STOOPS IN SPACE?
Dave Mire at 5:33PM, Dec. 24, 2021
(online)
Stoops In Space is a Star Trek sci-fi parody/satire series created entirely and exclusively for my stupid entertainment and my cousin Adam's entertainment only.
It is chock full of inside jokes, political incorrectness, copyright infringements, toilet humor, fourth wall breaks and references to 90's pop culture and is a 100% product of it's time.

But to tell you how this series came about, i have to take you back in time to the late 80's.
I was fresh out of High School and i was pushing a cartoon series to all the major newspaper syndicates called Teenage Waistline.
It's sort of a love triangle series about a girl named Lita who tries to get the attention of the popular guy, but keeps getting the attention of the school spazz. Basically, it was like Sixteen Candles.
Anyways, it didn't really go anywhere and i got multiple form rejection letters from all the major syndicates (Creators, United Features, Universal Press, King Features,..etc.)
Needless to say, i took it too hard and was doubting my abilities to create and wondering whether i could actually be funny again.

Then my cousin, a budding young artist himself, showed me this cartoon series he had created called “Phil's Adventures in Space”.
The artwork was quite amateurish and his spelling and grammar was even worse. But the humor was there and the story was compelling, and i “got it” right away.
So I was inspired to create this series basically as a way to test myself to see if i could write screwball comedy and entertain both of us with the brand of stupid comedy that the both of us enjoyed.

So here they are in their original pencil drawn glory (with some minor touch ups) and original awful lettering.
Keep in mind that these were NEVER meant to be shared with anyone at the time of creating them.

But these things still make me chuckle even to this day and if anyone else finds something humerous to take from this irreverent childish potty humor, then i've done my job.
and at the very least, it's just another place to dump these things online.

Happy reading.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon