Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

'ello world. or something.
phyllb at 12:01AM, Dec. 13, 2010
(offline)
Hey everyone. My name is Phyllb, or just plain Phyll. I'm a 21 year old art major somewhere in South Carolina. I've been wandering in and out of the webcomics scene for around three years now. I had a bunch of horrible comics that were generally shortlived, hosted from comicgenesis, smackjeeves, a subdomain on a friends website, and I've finally wandered my way to here. I would post links to previous work, but I don't have them anymore, and all they say about me is I should probably consider changing my major.

So uh yea. I like music and art and stuff. I read some comics here or there, but can't really afford to keep up with them. I don't really read manga, but if you do you should read Blame! or at least look at the amazing art. I don't read a lot of webcomics regularly anymore, but I do review them on the side with some webcomicker buddies of mine. Promoting that mess just seems spammy to me though.

The comic I have hosted on here probably says more about me than I can think of saying… cause it's just a crappy, quickly drawn three panels about my life everyday. yea. Another horrible journal comic. Grreeeeeeat. It's boring, horribly scribbled, and involves a lot of “And then I got drunk…”

So I've finally settled into a decision for what I want to do with my life, and it happens to be making comics. So after all this boring rubbish, I'll post a link to my deviantart in case any of you actually look at my comic. I won't feel so bad about the scrawlings hosted here then. http://lastpuzzlepiece.deviantart.com

Well, hello drunk ducks, nice to meet you all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
ayesinback at 7:38AM, Dec. 13, 2010
(online)
Welcome Phyllb! DD's a great community, with amazing artists and writers, amazing both good and not as good. Me? I'm in the not as good category (I also have a talent for understatement at times).

So give it a try, continue to post, and have fun :)
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
phyllb at 1:23PM, Dec. 13, 2010
(offline)
thanks! I think having a strong desire to make comics is more important than the technical skills usually… because that desire will lead to the development of those technical skills.
theshazerin at 8:58PM, Dec. 13, 2010
(online)
phyllb
I think having a strong desire to make comics is more important than the technical skills usually… because that desire will lead to the development of those technical skills.

Thats true, I totally agree with you, Phyllb. And welcome to DD! \^_^/
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
phyllb at 1:11AM, Dec. 14, 2010
(offline)
I know that a lot of my personal desire has driven me to improve much more than anything else… even if it doesn't show in the comic I host here. I almost feel bad about it, because I know it isn't an accurate representation of my abilities. It's a quick scrawl about my life everyday, but it's all good. And thank you, I'm glad to be here… so far.
itsjustaar at 12:02PM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
Hi, and welcome to DD! =D Nice to meet you too!
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
phyllb at 6:52PM, Dec. 14, 2010
(offline)
Nice to meet you too!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon