Networking & Community Projects*

ARTIST SEEKING WRITER(S)!
Emery Lafis at 4:26AM, May 24, 2011
(online)
Hello you adorable little brainstormers. Have an awesome idea for a comic but stick people aint cutting it for ya? I know how you feel bruh…how about a really spiffy artist?! To bring your deepest desires to life AND splash some color onto it while they're at it!?!?! YES?! YOU WANT?!?! I HAZ IT!!!

My styles vary between manga and american cartoon (similar to scott pilgrim/nicktoons)

I charge 4$ per panel (lines), 5$ per panel (for b&w/shaded), or 7$ per panel (fully colored).

Check out my DA at http://emerylafis.deviantart.com

Looking forward to hearing from somebody soon!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you want 5 or more pages I'm willing to do it at a much reduced cost, msg me to haggle prices :) (reduced prices for 5+ pages are based on type–ie. strip or full page–and style/genre)

Example: 5+ 4 panel colored pages would be 18-20$ each (as opposed to 28$ ea.)
I'd tap that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
BlkKnight at 6:01AM, May 24, 2011
(online)
That's kinda pricey in the long term.
That's “Dr. BlkKnight” to all of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
Emery Lafis at 6:04AM, May 24, 2011
(online)
BlkKnight
That's kinda pricey in the long term.

Thx for reminding me! Totally forgot to mention that if anyone wants me to do more than 5 pages I'm more than willing to haggle a much more affordable price. The general prices are just for people who don't intend to hire me on full time.
I'd tap that.
Emery Lafis at 5:06PM, May 26, 2011
(online)
No takers then? If not i plan to start my own webcomic so i wont promise to always be this available. Will wait till monday to see if anyone is interested :) after that then, who knows! :o
I'd tap that.
Meechi at 7:29AM, May 31, 2011
(online)
Why charge per panel? Most just charge a flat rate per page. Just imagine a writer with a script that calls for a lot panels on a page. That becomes really costly after a while.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
JustNoPoint at 11:41AM, May 31, 2011
(online)
Holy crap this page is worth $105 O_O

I think it'd be a lot simpler to draw by the page. If you thumbed through my comic you'd see it'd be near impossible to figure out a price on some pages considering how I do panels and make actions fly off panel so much.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
Emery Lafis at 7:23AM, June 1, 2011
(online)
Good point fellow duckies. Its just how i delt with writers in the past and made things easier that said i mostly did gagstrips consisting of 3-5block panels ranging from 15-22$ a page. Whereas a full graphic novel length page requires more time and detail and usually more panels thus they usually ranged from 20-30$ a page. Again the above prices are general im all for haggling a reasonable rate. :)
I'd tap that.
Emery Lafis at 7:38AM, June 1, 2011
(online)
JustNoPoint
Holy crap this page is worth $105 O_O

I think it'd be a lot simpler to draw by the page. If you thumbed through my comic you'd see it'd be near impossible to figure out a price on some pages considering how I do panels and make actions fly off panel so much.

Omg lol good point. Haven done a full ‘graphic novel’ page in awhile and in an attempt to practice im gonna redraw that page xD im so gonna dieeee. Btw, how long did that take you?
I'd tap that.
JustNoPoint at 4:02PM, June 1, 2011
(online)
I hope I don't get a bill later for you redrawing the page XD

I'd say it took 6-8 hours. I don't recall that page being particularly daunting to be honest.
Not really a lot going on.

Another note is you should show examples of your works for potential clients to judge if they'd like your style.
Genejoke at 11:00PM, June 1, 2011
(online)
There is a link to a dev art page.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
shastab24 at 11:44PM, June 1, 2011
(online)
I wish I could pay up-front for art, but my method is to offer a split of pay when a book is put up on IndyPlanet. It's just the only way that I can make it work financially (I work three hours a day, four days a week for minimum wage currently). There are other things I need in life (like food, rent, etc.) that eat up my bank account.

It's a huge longshot, but I do wonder if you would consider such an option compensation-wise. My target demographic for my comics is defined by my subject matter: the LGBT community. However, I do plan on having some comics put up here on Drunk Duck to tie in the print comics to comics on this site (mainly Heroes Alliance) with the intent to have my characters cross over with some comics on this site (and likely other web comics) to have a truly immersive experience and good advertising (because in the end it is about selling a product).

Genejoke has commented in this thread before and can attest to the fact that I hold up my end of the deal with this, and put it upon myself to set up the page files and ads if need be.

I also will try to do my part to promote the work. I have a few sites that I frequent which I can drum up interest, though I would suspect that if you drew an issue, you would be mentioning it a lot, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
Emery Lafis at 1:40AM, June 2, 2011
(online)
shastab24
I wish I could pay up-front for art, but my method is to offer a split of pay when a book is put up on IndyPlanet. It's just the only way that I can make it work financially (I work three hours a day, four days a week for minimum wage currently). There are other things I need in life (like food, rent, etc.) that eat up my bank account.

It's a huge longshot, but I do wonder if you would consider such an option compensation-wise. My target demographic for my comics is defined by my subject matter: the LGBT community. However, I do plan on having some comics put up here on Drunk Duck to tie in the print comics to comics on this site (mainly Heroes Alliance) with the intent to have my characters cross over with some comics on this site (and likely other web comics) to have a truly immersive experience and good advertising (because in the end it is about selling a product).

Genejoke has commented in this thread before and can attest to the fact that I hold up my end of the deal with this, and put it upon myself to set up the page files and ads if need be.

I also will try to do my part to promote the work. I have a few sites that I frequent which I can drum up interest, though I would suspect that if you drew an issue, you would be mentioning it a lot, too.

As long as my style is acceptable for the writer and they're not a flake im almost up for anything xD i need to build up my experience and portfolio anyway =3
I'd tap that.
Emery Lafis at 1:46AM, June 2, 2011
(online)
JustNoPoint
I hope I don't get a bill later for you redrawing the page XD

I'd say it took 6-8 hours. I don't recall that page being particularly daunting to be honest.
Not really a lot going on.

Another note is you should show examples of your works for potential clients to judge if they'd like your style.

That will be one million monopoly moniez pl0x!! Haha jk :p no bill, just fun, and hopefully not failure ;___; i could use the practice anyway :D
I'd tap that.
JustNoPoint at 4:02AM, June 2, 2011
(online)
Genejoke
There is a link to a dev art page.

*_* I'm blind and did not see it.

Emery Lafis
That will be one million monopoly moniez pl0x!! Haha jk :p no bill, just fun, and hopefully not failure ;___; i could use the practice anyway :D
It'd be neat to see your take. I hope you have fun with it :)
Emery Lafis at 12:46AM, June 4, 2011
(online)
Is fun so far ;p going to a graduation today so probably wont be done till sunday n.n unless i get a hangover…then…who knows!
I'd tap that.
demontales at 7:56AM, June 4, 2011
(online)
Just an advice, you should put other examples of art than characters on your deviantart account. You do characters very well, but unless I missed a part of your gallery, it's impossible to know if you can do backgrounds, or sequential pages, or lots of angles, etc. It's hard to imagine what a complete page done by you would look like.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
Emery Lafis at 1:57AM, June 7, 2011
(online)
Finally had the strength to crawl out of bed and inform the masses that im super sick and have been sick since saturday night so further response to questions or enquiry will be slow. Sorry!
I'd tap that.
Emery Lafis at 2:07PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
JustNoPoint
It'd be neat to see your take. I hope you have fun with it :)

Here's the sketch of the first panel, just gotta do lines, color, then of course the rest of the panels :p would have gotten further but i've been sick D: damn allergies ugggh.

I'd tap that.
JustNoPoint at 6:14PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
Heh, that's pretty cool. And in a way Amanda is getting guest art for “Salt the Holly” since this scene was a cameo for her comic :P

This is like fan art within fan art!!!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon