Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Bad Habits Of DDers?
Hapoppo at 7:21AM, June 9, 2007
(online)
I tend to “groom” myself when I'm nervous - adjust my hair and glasses, that kinda thing. Plus, I add unnecessary “filler” words to my sentences, like I say “actually” and “pretty much” way too often.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
gothelin at 4:42AM, June 10, 2007
(offline)
I avoid emails, phone calls, Skypes, multi-user games and forums for anything from days to weeks at a time. Sometimes because I'm worried about what I'll hear/read (can we say paranoia?), and sometimes because I just don't care what I might hear/read and don't want to have to pretend that I do.

I often fail to finish what I start.

While I rarely lie to others, I lie to myself almost constantly. I'm working on that one. Unsuccessfully.

Oh - and I drink and type. Such a bad combination. I'm naturally inclined to say exactly what I think, but I usually tone it down to an acceptable level when sober. However, Gothy+Alcohol=lots of hurt feelings. And the worst part is that I usually can't bring myself to apologise because generally whatever I may have typed is really what I think. I won't apologise for calling an asshole and asshole, no matter how much I may regret having said it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
Terminal at 7:05AM, June 10, 2007
(online)
I have to physically touch everything (clocks, walls, windows, household items, and even ceillings, everything.) in said room I'm in. Otherwise it drives me insane.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:11PM
lothar at 11:27AM, June 10, 2007
(offline)
i like to abuse perscription medication and i have perverted thoughts like every 2.5 seconds (slightly higher than the average )
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Deviant Lynx at 1:00PM, June 10, 2007
(offline)
I can never seem to say no to people and say sorry alot =__=

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
yaz47 at 11:56PM, June 10, 2007
(online)
When I feel emotion, I stab everyone in the room so they go die…and no, I am not sane^_^

(\__/)
(o.O )“I am Bunny!Copy me on to your signature or I dis-embowel you!”
(> < )
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:53PM
marine at 12:48AM, June 11, 2007
(offline)
gothelin
I avoid emails, phone calls, Skypes, multi-user games and forums for anything from days to weeks at a time. Sometimes because I'm worried about what I'll hear/read (can we say paranoia?), and sometimes because I just don't care what I might hear/read and don't want to have to pretend that I do.

After a bad phone calls, I ripped my phone out of the wall and refused to pay the bill. I've got one of those tracphones that I use to order pizza and stuff like that. Occasionally I'll call someone, but no one outside of maybe three people are allowed to call me, and even then after 10 pm, I'll get an attitude with them.

A bad habit of mine is pranking. I absolutely pull pranks at every opportunity. I make or poke fun in bad situations. I'm always looking for the comedy in tragedy. I just don't have a heart anymore, but I really never did. I'm a cold and bitter guy trying to find laughs. Once you realize that about me, it crosses the line from “hey am I funny guys?” into the sad Robin Williams/Jim carry/Chris Farley kind of having to be the center of the attention at all times type of thing. If I'm not on or in front of a crowd, whats the point in doing anything?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
XeaRi at 4:32PM, June 11, 2007
(offline)
I rant way too much. I don't know anyone who talks as much as I do on MSN. I draw all over all paper, but I don't see that as a bad habit for some reason (usually I can't even think of what to draw anyway). Sometimes I want to say something but I'm not sure if I should say it in case someone thinks I'm stupid or something. I tend to type in fragment sentences and use bad grammar on purpose, and yet I call myself a grammar freak. I also use parentheses a lot.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
ceb_dyson at 7:22AM, June 16, 2007
(offline)
marine
gothelin

After a bad phone calls, I ripped my phone out of the wall and refused to pay the bill. I've got one of those tracphones that I use to order pizza and stuff like that. Occasionally I'll call someone, but no one outside of maybe three people are allowed to call me, and even then after 10 pm, I'll get an attitude with them.

A bad habit of mine is pranking. I absolutely pull pranks at every opportunity. I make or poke fun in bad situations. I'm always looking for the comedy in tragedy. I just don't have a heart anymore, but I really never did. I'm a cold and bitter guy trying to find laughs. Once you realize that about me, it crosses the line from “hey am I funny guys?” into the sad Robin Williams/Jim carry/Chris Farley kind of having to be the center of the attention at all times type of thing. If I'm not on or in front of a crowd, whats the point in doing anything?

Oooooh, that explains yer avatar. I was tryin ta figure out why ya had a pic of the char from Fight Club. (Yes, I'm a girl, but even I watched the movie) That guy was on this side of psychotic…Let's go blow buildings up!!!
I've too many mottos ta say here, so be glad I'm not saying any of them.

Tale of Two Kitties is Soon to Come…weheheheh!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
notlikelytocare at 2:52PM, June 16, 2007
(online)
Phantom Penguin
I drink. A LOT.
HOOAH!!!! lmao…..
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM
ceb_dyson at 9:31PM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
I draw way too much and either snap or spin my finger(s) when I'm trying to think. Apparantly keeping my hands busy is something that helps me concentrate better…don't know that one developed. Eheh
I've too many mottos ta say here, so be glad I'm not saying any of them.

Tale of Two Kitties is Soon to Come…weheheheh!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
kayoanno at 11:45AM, July 23, 2007
(offline)
I:
chew the skin around my nails…I play guitar, so the skin gets rough *looks around at the people who are staring at her disapprovingly* WHAT?!
draw on brown paper bags…most of my first character sketches are on paperbags
am addicted to comments ^^;
snap my fingers when i am bored….all of my fingers…sounds like bones breaking to people around me o_O;
….that's all I can think of….oh yeah, i procrastinate. A LOT.
I am also very random
yeah. that's it.

I conquered HTML!!!
*flails arms*
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
TheMidge28 at 1:48PM, July 23, 2007
(online)
Bad Habits?

Not to throw in a wrench,
but what is “bad” to some may in fact be great or normal.

Now a bad habit maybe killing people and dumping their bodies at the dumpster outside the ice cream stand….or flying planes into skyscrapers…Now with those habits I think we would all agree are bad.
But…

“I drink this or that too much”…what is too much?
Do you regret it in the morning?
“I chew my nails”…so do I…do you chew them til they bleed and do you really hate chewing them?
“I want love and attention but push people away” Who doesn't?

Geez…I think if you put it all in perspective we all have things we do that others do as well…a great deal…and then why is it considered “bad”?

I burp and fart.
Who doesn't?
I itch my crotch.
What male doesn't?
I can go on…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:20PM
joeychips at 1:52PM, July 23, 2007
(online)
I eat way too much sugar. I am trying to give it up. It's addictive.
Joe Chiappetta
www.SillyDaddy.net
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
AQua_ng at 2:07PM, July 23, 2007
(offline)
I'm not in denial all the time.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
Coyotejeff at 8:28PM, July 23, 2007
(online)
I'm always Stoned

Oh, My BAD habbits.

Well, uhh. I'm also always drunk.
Welcome to Roadkill Valley
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
jgib99 at 9:39PM, July 23, 2007
(online)
Yeah, I have a nice sized list of bad habits.

- Like many of the posters before me. I also tend to ignore e-mails and phone calls.
- I'm a procrastinator. This has caused me plenty of problems.
- I curse like a sailor.
- I don't say much when I first meet people. It usually takes a little time for me to start feeling comfortable enough to chat with people outside of my circle of friends.
- I forget to reply to comments. Something I'm trying to do become better at.
- I drink WAY too much soda.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
joe_vee at 10:23PM, July 23, 2007
(offline)
I watch A LOT of reality tv :(
~ You Are What You Love, Not What Loves You ~
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
My Lady of Sorrow at 10:48PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
i found out i have an oral fixation…

I'm still trying to think of something funny to put here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
KamiDaHobo at 12:22AM, July 25, 2007
(offline)
I talk about needing to enjoy more stories, yet I haven't completed a single book since the tenth grade.

I'm currently reading:

Altered Carbon
Mass Effect: Revelation
Neuromancer
Homeland (Legend of Drizzt Book 1)

However, do I finish them? Nope! They're all absolutely fantastic, incredible books, I just never finish them. I get preoccupied doing other things, then don't have the will to pick up a book where I left off.

I really need to get out of that habit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
Sysli at 8:49AM, July 25, 2007
(online)
Well, without thinking too much I can say that I

-bite my nails (even toenails back in the days. Now it's just fingernails).
-can be so stubborn when it comes to discussions, that I'll sometimes keep arguing, even after I've realized I'm wrong.
-dislike taking baths. Once per week is fine enough for me.
-forget that other people sometimes really dislike something I like.
-have been known to pick my nose when I've got a cold.

Woah, I sound so… disgusting and uncharming…
Really, I'm not toally bad, but you asked for bad habits and I've got plenty. I try to get better. And if I fail the world'll probably forgive me.
Because I may as well show a bit of pride. ^___^

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Lord Shplane at 3:07PM, Aug. 8, 2007
(offline)
I tend to rant about my plans to enslave/kill the human race too much.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Ferret_X at 7:16PM, Aug. 8, 2007
(offline)
Lessee…bad habits…
I'm a habitual liar
I procrastinate
I forget to eat
I'm lazy
I tend to come off as overly arrogant, shy, or ditsy to new people
I put off going to sleep
I cuss a lot, and in inappropriate places
I get distracted easily
I get obsessed with something & a while later I'll never look at it again
I don't shower enough…
I stare at other girls boobs to the point where I'm surprised no one's yelled at me yet
I yell, while talking really fast, and not enunciating
I yell without realizing it
I ignore problems rather than dealing with them
I am a slob
I am too violent
I sit at the computer all day
Most people annoy me or bore me
I tend to rant
I ignore communication
Unintended mild sexism annoys me too much…
I get bored as easily as I get distracted
I freak out when guys hit on me
I am a pervert (but I'm willing to chalk that up to being a teenager)
If something hurts I'll poke at it more
I shred paper when angry or upset
I'm a caffeine addict
I never seem to like any of the guys who I know like me back (Instead I like guys who I don't know like me back…)
I post overly long stuff in places like this…

…and I'm sure there are some I missed! :D

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BONK!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
marine at 2:06AM, Aug. 11, 2007
(offline)
I for some reason wipe my face on the inside of my shirts for some reason. Not just my nose either, the entire lower hemisphere of my face. I don't know why, but it happens. Its very gross and distracting. I think it may be a nervous repetitive or compulsive action. I can't seem to stop.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
tiirikka at 3:12PM, Aug. 11, 2007
(offline)
I have annoying habit to talk without thinking. When my mind goes blank, instead of going quiet like normal people I just talk and talk something not so meaningfull. I annoy people with out meaning to. I don't remember to keep contact with people, I can go lost for months. When I usually start to do something I forget everything else, including eating. I do typos too much. I'm not ladylike at all.

I love to hug people.
I am under you're bathtub.
Beware, I'm dysletic Finn, my english doesn't make any sense! D8
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
jmt at 9:57PM, Aug. 11, 2007
(online)
While nervous I rock back in forth in my chair.
While nervous I will shut down the conversation with a glare or smirk. Unnerving my percived oppentent.
While nervous I will choreograph a fight scene for my next book in my mind.
While nervous I will try to detirmine if the room I am in is mathamatically based on the golden ratio.
While nervous I will throw pens across the room.
While nervous I will display passive agressive behavior.
While nervous I will pound as many beers as my body will let me.
While nervous I will sing Meat Loaf songs. Usually “two out of three ain't bad”.
While nervous I will pull my right wrist up into a wounded position and limp a little.
While nervous I will speed dial my therapist.
While nervous I will hand people my business card rather than speak to them.
While nervous I will inappropriatly ask co-workers to come over and drink a wildly insane amount off booze and eat pizza rolls.
While nervous I will put on surgical gloves and try not to touch anyone (Mardi Gras '01)
While nervous I will read the Mormon Bible.

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Nonstandard_Assembly/

http://www.jonnyaxx.com/

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
vgman at 10:43PM, Aug. 11, 2007
(offline)
I have a bad habit of doing stupid things.

Stupid thing #1:
I turned on the stove and set the coil for high. Normally when this happens it goes orange in a few minutes. For some reason it wasn't turning orange. So, in true VG fashion, I did the first thing I could think of. I touched it. Needless to say I had a lovely little pus build up on my finger for the next week.

I have 2 more stupid things but I don't want to get into them right now.
RIP TD :cry2:
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:40PM
spellchild at 8:14AM, Aug. 15, 2007
(offline)
I'm blunt, overbearing, loud, talkative and sometimes very critical.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
FanGurlZ at 9:10AM, Aug. 15, 2007
(offline)
I talk too low.
Homophobia: The irrational fear that gays will break in and re-arrange your furniture against your will.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
ladyleamarie at 12:29PM, Aug. 17, 2007
(online)
When I'm thinking about something really hard or am concentrating, I need to chew on something or it drives me nuts. I've killed a couple of pairs of headphones and many, many pens this way.

And at work I pretty much put everything in one pile then get upset that I can't find something, or scatter stuff around my desk then get pissed and stressed out that my desk is a mess. I also do that in my home office, but yeah.

Oh! And I over use ellipses! You know, the … thing.
Web Designer for
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon