Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Boldly going where I've gone before...
ramlama at 9:00AM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
Hey everybody, I'm a former Drunk Ducker making a humble return. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get some accomplishments under my belt this time around- I figure it's all a part of the learning curve. I've been stuck in college for the past 8 years (I'm walking away with a field degree combining illustration, creative writing, and communications- yeah, I'm that guy that made his own degree up as he went along).

I hit the ground running with a 100 page graphic novella in the first five weeks (www.drunkduck.com/fail), but I'm moving a bit slower now that I've had a few weeks to settle into bad habits. Mmm. Video games. I'm releasing the novella in chapters, a new one a week. The last time I was here, I discovered that I'm just too impatient to wait to release my own work. I get bored easily :p

Since my last project was political satire steeped in conspiracy theories, right now I'm developing a horror novella steeped in Germanic folklore and a medieval setting. Variety is the spice of life, yes? I used to do portraiture in my spare time (www.ramlama.com goes to a facebook page) and might open up shop doing that again. I'm also working on revising an RPG system I designed a few years ago- just play tested the latest edition yesterday.

I'm still at the local library for a day job. I like listening to TED speeches, making the world a better place, and long walks on the beach.

Also, Ram Lama is, honest to god, my given name. My mum was a hippie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
ayesinback at 4:49PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
Welcome back, Ram Lama! all very cool stuff. You had me checking out TED.com – have to admit I hadn't heard of it before.

So You've Already Made a Contribution. *very nice*
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Dave7 at 11:26PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
Oh hey, I actually remember you from a few years ago. Welcome back. Can't wait to see your new stuff.
Post your concerns about the preview page! Support raw html! http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics
]http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics

“That is not dead can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons death may die.”
~H.P. Lovecraft

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
ramlama at 2:05PM, Jan. 27, 2011
(online)
Dave7- Lol. Thanks ^_^. I've fluttered in and out a couple of times. I'm thinking I'll have a little more staying power this time around, but we'll see if that actually pans out.

At the very least, I hope to get a couple graphic novellas up before I disappear again (I'm incorrigible sometimes- I get bored working on just one thing, so instead of having a bunch of unfinished epic projects, I've learned to try to have a bunch of shorter but finished projects).

(Also, I've recently acquired an Ipad… say whatever else one might about it, it's like an ebook reader designed for webcomics. I've been reading far more of them than I used to, even with my old netbook… so it'll be easier for me to contribute to the actual community ^_^.)

Ayesinback- TED talks are pretty awesome. Some of them are just ideological sales pitches, but a healthy chunk of them have jaw-dropping innovations that'll change the way you view the world. I watched one the other day that had some fascinating insights about story telling that gave me an idea for an experimental project that'll be fun to try out some time.

I've heard Scott McCloud was on TED, but I haven't tracked that one down yet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
Adariel at 3:08AM, Jan. 28, 2011
(offline)
Hey Welcome Back!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon