Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Ever Been Screwed Over In The Work Place?
Phantom Penguin at 8:51AM, May 14, 2007
(offline)
Ok I bring this up because it happened to me. AGAIN. And there is no reason for it. Iam a Private First Class, and have been for the last year. I've been in the army for two years now, my first year and a half I was deployed to Iraq. This other guy who is here has been in for a little over a year.

Lets review our records.

Me:
13 month combat tour
Silver Star with ‘v’ device
two purple hearts
2 ARCOM with ‘v’ device

Him:
no combat experiance
no awards AT ALL
knows NOTHING about his job as a tanker

Guess which one of us got promoted the other day? HIM! I have been up for promotion for over a year now, and HE FUCKING GETS IT!

Share your workplace fuck overs DDers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Ozoneocean at 8:59AM, May 14, 2007
(online)
Now I know why your eyes are red…
Slam his fingers in the hatch. That happed to my dad once and they had to stitch them back on :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
AQua_ng at 10:13AM, May 14, 2007
(offline)
Looks like it's tanker vs. wanker over there.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
marine at 12:47PM, May 14, 2007
(offline)
I got a million stories like that.

So my guys contact me and send me to new york to do a fairly nice gig at a well known comedy club. I fly (which I hate) to new york. I'm excited about the gig. I'm thinking, “maybe this could be my big big break” and so I'm preparing all the best material I got, I go to the place, and they ask me what the fuck I'm doing there. They had gotten a bigger name comedian (who I won't name, but I did confront him during his act as a heckler) to do a set there, and I was left alone in new york city. I hate New York. I hate comedy clubs. I was booked at a few other gigs in new york, but still that was bullshit of the worst flavor. I probably shouldn't have caused a scene during the guys set. I used my crazy tough guy new yorker accent and yelled profanity, said they weren't funny, and their last movie sucked worse than Gigli, and then I walked out with my hat pulled down low. I think I'm going to stop doing stand up and focus on comic book work, heres hoping Platinum Studios comes through for me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
maritalbliss at 12:11PM, May 16, 2007
(online)
I used to be a teacher. The first year I taught fourth at a prestigious Dallas school. I was told not to teach science or history (to focus on test taking skills.) Of course I ignored it and taught what I wanted. Which was fine, until we went on a field trip. The people that worked at the place all the fourth grade classes went to were asking the kids questions and my kids were the only ones that could answer (as we had been havin' science all year.) Well, the parents of the other kids figured it out and went to the school board…Long story short, instead of making all the teachers teach a balanced curriculum, They took the kids that were not going to pass the standardized tests and left the other 97 (split into three groups) for me to teach “Applied Studies” to all the students in fourth grade. Alone. It sucked. I won teacher of the year and quit.

Went to another 4th grade where I was givin' a cookie cutter curriculum to follow, I walked out after the principal and her office crones called the FBI on me (This was around Sept 11—for serving my students Anthrax…yes, you read me right. The FBI show up bangin' on my portable door—I had been teaching the novel: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and the white powdery substance was powdered sugar from Turkish Delight that I had stayed up the night before making for the entire class. I walked out with a double bird. (See, the whole you must teach ‘till the end of your contract is BS, Texas is a right to work state and they can’t do nothin'.)

Then I taught regular junior high for two years–I was in the principal's office defending my curriculum weekly. Then I went and taught at a school where youthful offenders were placed that were awaiting trial and not allowed back into the regular population…I ended up breaking and going insane…I am just now able to work daily and honestly, if it weren't writing (from home) I know I would end up in the slammer for bitchslappin' the very next “Boss” that talked to me with anything but respect.

I will never teach again, by choice…It was all the administration and had nothing to do with the kids. To constantly defend your choices is draining and insulting. Teachers just don't get paid enough for the glorified babysitting they do, a “REAL” union would help, but educators are too weak to allow any such action to work…They would all be scabbin' as most aren't worth their weight in Band-Aids.

(For all of you that have “Stupid Day Jobs” There is this song, by Wally Pleasant by the same name…that is awesome. Try lookin' it up.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
MrGranger at 1:32PM, May 16, 2007
(online)
Oh…I thought you meant…my advice is always to be careful about bringing out your rascal at work. It's hard to finish the report while you're under a desk.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon