Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Gangs?! Oh noes!
Eirikr at 6:20PM, Feb. 7, 2009
(online)
machinehead
I live in a town of about 30,000 with more rednecks than anything else, but we still have two rival gangs that spray paint all over our fair city. I live in Cumberland Maryland. These little shits think they are so hardcore growing up on our mean streets. Its friggin pathetic. Its not Baltimore or New York there is nothing hardcore here its just a bunch of doucebag teenagers thinking they are cool.

You live where Dr. Mcninja is though right? So he probably killed all the real gangs.

Yeah, gangs though. The only gangs in my school were two rival breakdancing gangs who named themselves after various brands of toilets. I seriously wish I were kidding.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
DMH at 8:48PM, Feb. 7, 2009
(offline)
I've always been thankful that I don't live in an area with gangs. I'm a white kid from the suburbs and for that I'm glad.

Back in high school though, we did have these kids who were trying to act like they were ‘gangsta’ though. They swore every sentence, tried to strike poses while they walked and generally looked like complete idiots. It was actually quite amusing.

And no, I never had any desire to even try to be in a gang.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
HippieVan at 9:03PM, Feb. 7, 2009
(online)
There are no gangs around where I live, although there is a bad end of town where there are probably gangs. I live in Canada, so kids aren't typically carrying around guns.

We also have the “gangsta” kids, though. They really annoy me. They look and sound ridiculous.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 7:34AM, Feb. 8, 2009
(online)
No gangs around here that I know of. Although the local high school buses in all the kids from downtown and has a rather unfortunate reputation (by which I mean it is considered the worst school in the area). I don't go there, being a private school kid. Of course, there are a few kids at my school who wouldn't surprise me if I learned they were in gangs…

A little side note: the Brother at my church once found some gang graffiti in the parking lot and spent the next few weeks joking about how the church has the protection of the “Colors”. He works with gang kids often, as a lot of them end up doing community service with him. Him being the Groundskeeper and all.

He is by far the most unholy holy man I have ever known.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
HippieVan at 1:30PM, Feb. 8, 2009
(online)
I forgot that although we don't really have any gangs, we do have 3 or 4 guys who spray-paint “PEAR” on buildings all over the city. Originally I thought it was just one guy and was amazed how much he got around.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Hakoshen at 5:11PM, Feb. 8, 2009
(offline)
Eirikr
Yeah, gangs though. The only gangs in my school were two rival breakdancing gangs who named themselves after various brands of toilets. I seriously wish I were kidding.

That… is an AWESOME idea for a comic! I lol'd so hard I have to know the full story behind these guys.

Oh, and yeah. Louisiana. We've got our little “gangs” in my home town, but we also live next to a military base, so they're not stupid enough to try anything a gang would do. In fact, none of these little gangs are even hard enough to be rivals with the others. They're more like neighborhood cliques.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
HyenaHell at 6:20PM, Feb. 8, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
Oh, and yeah. Louisiana. We've got our little “gangs” in my home town, but we also live next to a military base, so they're not stupid enough to try anything a gang would do. In fact, none of these little gangs are even hard enough to be rivals with the others. They're more like neighborhood cliques.
Where are you at in Louisiana? Just curious.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
Hakoshen at 5:13AM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
The central area, about three hours away from any major city.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 2:15PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
kyupol is right. Fight gangs with ninja stars.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Whatshername at 9:34AM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
Oh yes. Gangs…

One time I was walking down the street and this guy comes up to me and asks:

“Hey, are you a part of *BLAHBLAHBLAHGANG*? And where can I get some drugs?!”

I answered ‘WTF? Do I look like a high gang-banger to you?!’. He realized he made a terrible mistake, apologized, and ran off. That's the depth of my experience with that, though. Thank-god
:D
Devout christian. Autistic. Webcomic creator who will draw WOMEN, not walking, talking sex toys. ;) Don't worry. I don't bite.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
imshard at 10:00AM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
In my experience most gang-bangers are either kids who've made a bad fashion choice (just like emo, jocks, preppies, goths, etc.) or a bunch wannabes and posers that may or may not be associated with a real gang. That or they trail around after the gang hoping to be noticed and invited in. They don't really phase me at all.

Occasionally I've run into the REAL gangs in my area (and they are numerous). Those times count amongst the most frightening of my life. I came out the worse for wear a few times as a result.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
NickGuy at 1:50PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
Kiruru
God this annoys me to no end, but anyway, this just happened to me.

So I was at my aunt's house try to upload Adobe CS4 master series on her computer
(with no good outcomes)but I got thirsty, so I drove to the store(thats the name of the place….don't ask). After buying said tasty beverage I drove back to my aunt's house. Now, where she lives isn't a bad neighborhood, but then again, it ain't a good one either. I stepped out of my Jeep and grabbed my drink(can't forget that!) When two kids, I'm assuming are 15 or 16 walking on the other side of the street, and one of them is eyeballing me funny, then out of no where he asks me “Ey' Are you a Tribe boi or a Trap Boi!?” With a cocked eyebrow I started to think Trap or Tribe? The hell is he talking about?

Then it hit me, back in highschool there we're two rival gangs that shared those names, I being a smart person, avoided gangs like the plague. Apparently I was wearing the colors of the rival gang (black and blue, colors I wear a lot). I promptly told them neither and went back in my car for something else, where as I did that I heard screamed at me “You better not be either, or my home boi are gonna have to kick yo' ass!” with a little snide laugh at the end.

I rolled my eyes at them, I'm a college student I'm not about to fight some little kids, after that they started calling out random gang stuff and flashing gang signs at me, all I could do was shake my head. Gangs are so backward, I don't see why people join them. This every happned to anyone else? or if it hasn't, what do you think about this situation?

you handed that all wrong. all you needed to say was “BREAK YOSELF, FOO!” and raises your shirt up, revealing the gat you had tucked in the waistband of your pants. then say x3 “WE GOT A FUCKING PROBLEM HERE?”

they would have said “no sir” and walked away.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Insizwa at 3:08PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
1. I agree entirely with NickGuy
2. Where I'm from there are no official gangs, just drug dealers. I lived in the Cocaine Capitol of Northern Ontario. Now I live in Ottawa, and I haven't heard or seen any gangs yet, but it's not like I take midnight strolls through the ghetto to find any.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon