Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Howdy Howdy everybody!
BlastAsteroid at 3:29AM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
Hello fellow webcomicers. My name is Shawn and with my brother, Casey, we run and maintain a website called http://www.cookbroscomics.com. I'm the artist, he's the writer. Our crown jewel is a little comic called Blast Asteroid and the Space Patrol. A webcomic about a knucklehead space captain and his ragtag band of misfit crewmembers. You can check it out at http://www.cookbroscomics.com/blast/blastmain.htm, or watch over time as I upload our older stuff and bring DD up to speed with our current work. We do more than Blast Asteroid of course but he's our biggie - in fact we're about to celebrate our 4th year tomorrow and will have our 79th strip posted sometime this week!

I live in Jax, FL where I work in the graphic design/advertising industry. I like long walks on short piers and full moons when my true colors show (shaggy gray fur, white fangs, etc.). Actually I'm an all around car nut, love to play video games & watch movies with my wife, drive my R/C cars and boats and surf the net. I'm hooked on comic book podcasts and think the Gigcast is the best thing since sliced bread! I've been a Drunk Duck member for just over a month. Still struggling with all these crazy DD buttons but I'm figuring it out - one click at a time.

Just wanted to say a quick hello and officially get this ball rolling. I hope to enjoy my stay here and utilize all that DD offers.

Thanks for checking us out and please comment on our stuff!

–Shawn
————–
Shawn: \m/ RAWK * !

————–
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
usedbooks at 5:04AM, July 24, 2007
(online)
Welcome! Brothers comicking team… Fun. :) You'll like using DD. It's really easy and you'll get lots of great feedback.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
SilverWordz at 5:33AM, July 24, 2007
(online)
Heya Shawn!
Welcome to DD, you guys will be sure to love it here.
I also live in Florida, and work in the graphic design/advertising industry. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
BlastAsteroid at 5:48AM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
Awesome thanks for the kind words! Graphic design and Florida - isn't it a small world we live in? Yeah I'm looking forward to making friends and staying more visible within the webcomics community. And it all starts now. :o)

–Shawn
————–

————–
Cthulhu at 7:52AM, July 24, 2007
(online)
Welcome to DrunkDuck!

BlastAsteroid… That reminds me of the game…

No! I blasted the asteroid, but now a shard is coming right for me! Super-speed, super speed!!!

*Boom*

Awww, dammit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:57AM
ZeroVX at 8:10AM, July 24, 2007
(online)
Welcome to the Duck!

Blast Asteroid…..is that a parody of Buzz Lightyear?
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
Insanity at 9:36AM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
Welcome to ze Duck!

AwesomeUnicorn
I feel a little bit like Hitler right now, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
maritalbliss at 10:46AM, July 24, 2007
(online)
Welcome to Drunk Duck, we have a coupla' brother teams here…No sister teams that I know of…Anywhoooo, best of luck with the comic and all that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
BlastAsteroid at 10:52AM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
I'd say he's more of a parody of Han Solo than Buzz Lightyear. The rugged space pirate-type adventurer looking for a quick buck and a good time. Blast tends to take the easy route and somehow always ends up the hero more by shear luck than outright skill. He's a big lug and doesn't necessarily have any super powers, but it's hard for him to get hurt kinda like Wile E. Coyote or something. Blast Asteroid is sort of a culmination of all campy moments within sci-fi movies and television with a little bit of Seinfeld-esque slice of life comedy thrown in the mix. We started out thinking he'd be filled with rated R “blue material” humor but decided really quick it would limit our audience and found out how fun it was to simply come up with ways to make his life sort of miserable. Funny miserable. After a few weeks of strips we branched out into longer adventures some stronger than others. Then we took a long hiatus in between career moves for both of us. Now we're back and more excited and motivated than ever to continue his stories. Like most folks we only have so much free time per week but it's always filled with working on our Blast Asteroid stories and beyond. We have even more planned in the near future but don't want to risk losing focus on what we've got going on right now. Rather than trying to continue to re-invent the wheel by keeping our comics only on our personal website we've decided to finally branch out, hitting places like Drunk Duck and ComicSpace first and foremost and who knows what else down the road.

Thanks again for the kind words!

–Shawn
————–

————–
caseycook at 10:29AM, Aug. 1, 2007
(offline)
Hey gang, this is the other half of the CBC team, Casey piping in! Shawn has described our little dog and pony show pretty well, so I don't have much to add other than to say hi. So, HI!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
maritalbliss at 10:36AM, Aug. 1, 2007
(online)
Hi Casey, we welcome you too!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Adariel at 5:18PM, Aug. 1, 2007
(offline)
BlastAsteroid
Hello fellow webcomicers. My name is Shawn and with my brother, Casey, we run and maintain a website called http://www.cookbroscomics.com. I'm the artist, he's the writer. Our crown jewel is a little comic called Blast Asteroid and the Space Patrol. A webcomic about a knucklehead space captain and his ragtag band of misfit crewmembers. You can check it out at http://www.cookbroscomics.com/blast/blastmain.htm, or watch over time as I upload our older stuff and bring DD up to speed with our current work. We do more than Blast Asteroid of course but he's our biggie - in fact we're about to celebrate our 4th year tomorrow and will have our 79th strip posted sometime this week!

I live in Jax, FL where I work in the graphic design/advertising industry. I like long walks on short piers and full moons when my true colors show (shaggy gray fur, white fangs, etc.). Actually I'm an all around car nut, love to play video games & watch movies with my wife, drive my R/C cars and boats and surf the net. I'm hooked on comic book podcasts and think the Gigcast is the best thing since sliced bread! I've been a Drunk Duck member for just over a month. Still struggling with all these crazy DD buttons but I'm figuring it out - one click at a time.

Just wanted to say a quick hello and officially get this ball rolling. I hope to enjoy my stay here and utilize all that DD offers.

Thanks for checking us out and please comment on our stuff!

–Shawn

I am pawned by your wall of text, but i welcome thee anyways.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
BlastAsteroid at 6:33PM, Aug. 4, 2007
(offline)
Hah - well I'll keep it short this time. Thanks folks, On with the show!
————–

————–
qdawg at 8:25PM, Aug. 4, 2007
(offline)
Welcome to DD. How is the graphic design bidness? I was thinking of getting into it.
Rockin it fatboy style.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
n_y_japlander at 7:41AM, Aug. 5, 2007
(offline)
Wellcome! OK, I'm from New York, But I grew up in FL!!! and now have my own graphic design business…. spooky!
Again, welcome!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
BlastAsteroid at 9:43AM, Aug. 6, 2007
(offline)
Small world isn't it?

Overall I'd say graphic design/advertising is a pretty good gig. I actually tried to switch careers after getting burnt out in graphic design, having been involved with design since college back in 1991. But I'm back now with a new outlook. It's rather stable and the money isn't terrible if you stick with it. Just don't think you are going to graduate and save the world with your art in some high society design agency. Those jobs typically go to the most unbelievably talented people or more exciting people literally flown in from overseas and such. It's a very crowded industry, especially as the software gets easier and easier to use. Anyone (like me) can look good but it takes special talent and drive to make the big bucks. Evaluate your life and what you want out of it and then go for it.

Stepping off soap box…
————–

————–
Dark Clown at 9:47AM, Aug. 6, 2007
(online)
Hell-o and welcome the both of you would yous two like some Cold Hot Cola?

This Fluid feels like Pain, This stoic mood is all in vain.
I reach into the dark, I tear this other me apart.
How many years ago, How many deaths I can't let go.
My Flesh Is Temporary, My God Extraordinary.
You… can''t… Kill… My… MIND!!!!!

The War Will continue, Just on a different battle field
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
BlastAsteroid at 10:13AM, Aug. 6, 2007
(offline)
Heat index is 110 today in Freakville so a cold hot cola sounds about right.
————–

————–

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon