MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XII the Legend of Townstonia
Salsa at 4:17PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)

Hear ye. Hear ye. By Royal decree, the Twelfth Mafia Games are to begin in the near future. Any who wish to participate are to sign their names in this thread.

OK welcome to the Sign up thread for Mafia XII. The roles are below.

Idea
Mafia: The Legend of Townstonia
They say that before the moon had a face, and the wolf learned to howl, there was a village that was ravaged by a battle between a Lord and a Mage of the black. The tale is lost to the murky depths of time, but the battle left scars that remain in the decedents of those that lived.
Roles
YE OLDE VILLAGERS: aka Townies

Mayor=> Lord(1) elected
Witch Hunt: The Lord is able to pick one person to be lynched within an Hour of the first day ending. The Alchemist is unable to switch the person to be lynched with someone else.
In the Name of the King: The Lord's vote is also backed by the King so it holds twice the power(counts twice instead of once).
Blood sport: During the night the Lord can arrange for two combatants to duel to the death. The winner is turned into a pincushion. Each person submits two votes. One for each slot in the execu- I mean games. Note:this is a double lynch, both people die.
Meat sh- I mean My Noble Squires, Defend your Lord!: cannot be attacked or body switched while a squire is alive. This also applies to the Knight

Pardoner=> Knight(1) elected
For My Lady's Favor: Can cancel two lynches during the game. If the Lord has declared a bloodsport and the Knight invokes his Lady's Favor, only one of them will be spared.

Librarian=> Scribe(1) The scribe is told the role of one villager and one villager only.

Detective=> Diviner(1)
Cure the Damned: the diviner can remove two curses during the game. If the power is used on a person who isn't cursed, it is wasted. The diviner can also remove the curse from himself.
Message From the Gods: The diviner can ask what role a person is twice. The diviner can also ask if a person is connected to a crime. He can do only one a day though.

Paranoid=>The Crazy Mage(1)
Booby trapped: The Crazy Mage has his house booby trapped with a mess of magic traps guaranteed to blow the first person to bits that tries to open the door. The Crazy Mage has no idea who they really are due to a few too many magic mishaps.

Veteran=> Tracker(1)
Son, I've fought Dragons!: Due to being awesome and tough, the Tracker must be attacked twice before he can die. Lynchings still take only once though.

Paramedic/Vigilante=> Valkyrie(3)
You Shall Not Pass!: Valkyries can protect one person from one attack at night. they cannot protect each other though.
To Arms: Valkyries can kill one person a night, but not if they're protecting someone
Bodyguard=> Squire(2)These poor saps are your standard MK. I meat shield.
Townie=> serf(who ever is left over) After a hard day's lynching, they're easy pickings, but after a good night's sleep, the torches and pitch forks come out.

The Agents of EVIL: aka Mafia

Godfather=> Black Mage(1)
I Curse Thee: Can curse two people a game, but only one at a time and only at night. The curse takes until the end of the day cycle after the curse was placed to kill it's target. Curses cannot be switched after the night cycle has ended. Curses involve two narratives. Both point to the Black mage, but only the first gives a clue to the victim. The Diviner can remove both curses however.
I was always good at illusions: Appears as a villager and cannot be attacked while in effect. he can still curse people though
I will make your life hell: Appears as the Black Mage and now has the ability to kill directly, but must choose whether to curse or kill in the night.
He's innocent, you can trust me: can cancel on lynch or Bloodsport. Spares everyone in the latter case.

Mad Hatter=> Alchemist(1)
Explosive Runes : Can be placed on two people at once, but only one person can be targeted a night. They are activated when A ) the Alchemist chooses, or B ) when the Alchemist dies.
I don't like you: The Alchemist can switch one person with one who is going to be lynched. It can only be used once a game and Only one person will be switched when the Lord invokes a bloodsport and cannot be used on a witch hunt. The Alchemist cannot switch the Knight or the Lord UNLESS both squires are dead.

Mafia=> Orks(2) wez keel stuf, but only once a night.

sociopaths

Psycho=> Agents of Chaos(2)
We will water our new order with your blood. But we can only kill one of you each a night.

Days and nights alternate. Each day or night last 24 hours in real time. For example, day one begins at 0:00 GMT then night one begins at 0:00 GMT the nest day.
Days and nights will start at 0:00 GMT
I will not accept actions or votes after 23:45 GMT.

If you are not sure about what 4:00 GMT is in your time zone, see the charts below to find out.

Rules:
Inactivity:
If a person has not posted on the thread or voted in a lynching in two days (48 hours real time) they will be taken out of the game at the end of the current cycle. The only exception is if the person lets me know that they will be unable to post or vote ahead of time.

Actions: All actions and votes must be pq'd to me to be valid. I will stop accepting actions at 23:45 GMT so i can get the narrative written. Narratives will be posted at 0:00 GMT.

Clues:
Clues will come from profiles, avatars, sigs, comic titles, and the first page of any comics a person has. Clues can be found in basically anything.

Note: I also reserve the right to ban anyone who is acting like a Jackass. Even if you don't know the people playing personally, please show them the same respect you should show you friends. I hate to be a jerk about it, but it isn't as much fun to play when you have a person calling you an idiot all the time.

Oh one last thing, actions and votes are done in the order that they are received. That means that if a Valkyrie places a hit on the Alchemist and then the Alchemist places a Greek Fire spell on someone, then the Alchemist is killed and the bomb is not placed. Same thing for a lynch. If there is a tie, it is the person who hit the number of votes first that dies.

Ok what are you waiting for? Sign up!!

Players:
1. Rokulily serf Killed night five
2. Crocty the usual suspectserf Killed night two
3. Product Placement Squire Killed day eight
4. therealtj Valkyrie Killed night one
5. Niccea the great deceiver ork Lynched day six
6. Inuyasha_Rules serf Lynched day seven
7. GarBonzo Bean Squire Killed night four
8. Waff-ManOrk Killed night two
9. kitty17 Agent of Chaos Killed night one
10.exzachly serf Killed night five
11.TheFlyingGreenMonkey the everlasting pardoner. Lord Agent of Chaos Killed day eight
12.Hakoshen the Spartanserf Lynched day two
13.ParkerFarker Tracker killed night seven
14.Harkovast the patron saint of finger pointing. Diviner Killed night three
15.Gullas the impalerValkyrie Killed night two
16.Aghammer Alchemist Killed day eight
17.humorman serf Killed night one
18.blergness serf Killed night six
19.Anthony Mercer Scribe Killed night four
20.Sea_Cow Valkyrie Killed night two
21.KillerBob Knight The Black Mage Lynched day five
22.herio Crazy Mage Lynched Day four
23.D_Dude serf Killed night one
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Salsa at 4:19PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
The village of Townstonia had always been rather queer. Magicks and all manner of beasts and fey ran rampant through the village. The villagers did not mind. They rather enjoyed having all the oddities and mysteries around. It was, however, not to last. An evil sorcerer had cast a dark shadow over the village. He wanted to rule an empire and decided to start his crusade of conquest and darkness in Townstonia. Thus it was when the King sent one of his bravest lords and his loyal knight to the village to slay the vile warlock.
The lord’s name was Jose Juan Salsa, Lord of the Mew. Along with his knight, Dame Skoolmunkee, they did battle with the Black Mage and his minions. While Dame Skoolmukee held her own against the Mage’s three servants, her lord was battling the Mage. The fury of his blows was like the hammering of giants, his sword and shield flashed as lightening, and his war cry like thunder. He was a force of nature. Just as Lord Salsa was about to finish the wizard off and send his soul to the depths of Hell, the wily old mage played a trick, changing his supine form to that of Dame Skoolmunkee. The lord hesitated and that cost him dearly. Even as he was realizing his mistake, the mage struck him down with black witchfire that consumed the lord where he stood.
The mage stood slowly. I must end this quickly, he thought. He retrieved Lord Salsa’s sword and again shifted forms, more slowly than before. The battle had taken its toll on his power. He approached Dame Skoolmukee, appearing to the mortal eyes of the villagers like the now dead Lord Salsa. “May I assist you Dame Skoolmunkee?” he asked. “Please and hurry, I cannot stay them off much longer!” her reply came in betwixt the hammering blows of the orks. The mage strode up behind the Knight and thrust the sword of her slain lord through her body, the blood-stained point now protruding from her chest. “Send my greetings to your master in Hel’s realm young knight.” With that, he slid the sword out and let the knight fall as the light of life left her surprised eyes. After the knight had fallen, never to rise again, the Black mage and his minions hid. Then the mourning began.

Day One has begun.

Check here for Vote counts and links to narratives.

TFGM: 8 Lord
Ye olde poster bonus
Waff
Harkovast
ParkerFarker
Rokulily
InuYsha_Rules
Anthony Mercer
Garbonzo Bean

KillerBob: 6 Knight
KillerBob
Ye olde poster bonus
TFGM
Blergness
Sea_Cow
Kitty17

Gullas: 4
gullas
Ye olde poster bonus
D_Dude
Product Placement

therealtj: 4
therealtj
Ye olde poster bonus
Exzachly
Crocty

Humorman: 1
Humorman

Lynch day two:
Waff: 10
Inuyasha_rules
Sea_Cow
TFGM
In the Name of the King
Anthony Mercer
Garbonzo Bean
Aghammer
Harkovast
Product Placement
Exzachly

Gullas: 1
Waff

Hakoshen:0 lynched

Lynch Day three: Double lynch
Herio: 9
TFGM
In the Name of the King
Aghammer
Product Placement
Harkovast
Blergness
Rokulily
KillerBob
Niccea

KillerBob: 6
Anthony Mercer
Exzachly
Product Placement
Garbonzo Bean
Rokulily
Harkovast

Rokulily: 6
TFGM
In the Name of the King
Aghammer
Niccea
blergness
KillerBob

Niccea: 4
Anthony Mercer
Exzachly
Garbonzo Bean

therealtj's corpse: 2
therealtj's ghost
therealtj's soul

Exzachly: 1
ParkerFarker

TheFlyingGreenMonkey: 1
ParkerFarker

Garbonzo Bean: 1

Lynch Day four
Herio: 5 lynched
Rokulily
Product Placement
Blergness
TFGM
Niccea

Niccea: 2
ParkerFarker
Aghammer

KillerBob: 2
Garbonzo Bean
Exzachly

Aghammer: 0

Lynch Day five
KillerBob: 4 lynched
Exzachly
Rokulily
ParkerFarker
Product Placement

Niccea: 1
Aghammer

Lynch Day six
Niccea: 5 lynched
Product Placement
InuYasha_Rules
Aghammer
Blergness
ParkerFarker

Product Placement: 2
Niccea
TFGM

Lynch Day seven
InuYasha_Rules: 4 lynched
Aghammer
ParkerFarker
TFGM
^His title.

TFGM: 2
Product Placement
InuYash_Rules

Lynch Day seven
Product Placement: 2
TFGM
His title

Aghammer: 1
Product Placement

Narratives:
Day one
Night one
Day two
Night two
Day three
Night Three
Day four
Night four
Day Five
Night five
Day six
Night six
Day seven
Night Seven
Final Narrative

First game with 100% casualties.

w00t!
RAGE!
crocty at 4:20PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
THIRST!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
kitty17 at 4:20PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
THECOND!

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Product Placement at 4:22PM, July 23, 2009
(online)
Hur hur. Third.

Why is that important, anyways?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
crocty at 4:25PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Hur hur. Third.

It's really not. I just felt the need to post here, and had nothing to say, due to lack of role.

Now I have it, I can say: I still have nothing to say.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
kitty17 at 4:27PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Hur hur. Third.

Crocty sent me the link after he replied so I thought I'd just do a follow up since I had nothing to say-eth

waff at 4:27PM, July 23, 2009
(online)
well whatever my or his role. my vote goes to tfgm…
now to get into charactor.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
humorman at 4:29PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
Vote for me.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Product Placement at 4:36PM, July 23, 2009
(online)
kitty17
Product Placement
Hur hur. Third.

Crocty sent me the link after he replied so I thought I'd just do a follow up since I had nothing to say-eth
And I myself had nothing interesting to say as well.

It's funny how we're all linked like that.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:46PM, July 23, 2009
(online)
I've yet to check my role but I'm running anyway ;D

Vote TFGM! I demand bodyguards XD

Poster will come soon.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Salsa at 4:58PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
*Collapses*
does everyone have a role?

vote count:

TFGM: 3
TGFM
Ye olde poster bonus
Waff

Humorman: 1
Humorman
RAGE!
gullas at 5:13PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
Dear citizens of Townstonia.

It has come to my attention that our town has become a subject of a sorcerer's plot to overtake our beutifull land. THIS shall not be tolarated, since my intrest is only for the good of the town. I shall personally hunt down these wicked evil and crush it with my own bare hands… erm tail.

So Vote for the Viking, The Viking will not let you down!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
kitty17 at 5:18PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
Hey salsa? Do you mind putting the role names in bold. It's kinda hard to find them by just skimming sometimes.

Exzachly at 5:27PM, July 23, 2009
(online)
As per usual, my vote goes to whoever comes forward with their special role.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
KillerBob at 5:32PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I've yet to check my role but I'm running anyway ;D

Vote TFGM! I demand bodyguards XD

Poster will come soon.
I know you really want to be Mayor but I AM TIRED OF TOWNIE ROLES D:<

So this time I am running as your Lord. Vote Killerbob. He'll Kill him some agents of evil! Vote Bob!
My name is Bob and I kill things. Things like: moments, moods, norms, rules, and people.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
harkovast at 5:33PM, July 23, 2009
(online)
As usual, I wont vote for exzachly because he is an agent of chaos, possibly an orc!

YOu know what I love about this particular game?
That we elect our Lord.
How unmedieval is that?
Yeah, the dark ages really scream democratic process dont they?

We are like the peasents on Monty Python and the holy Grail.

“I am your king!”
“Well I didn't vote for ya!”

If I had been incharge, I would have done something crazy like declared lordship hereditary so the person who was mayor last game picks the lord off this game.
But then again, I'm very silly.

But at least I am not a sociopath, like Kitty17!

VOTE TFGM LORD! BECAUSE FRANKLY ITS GETTING BEYOND A JOKE AND HE DESERVES A TURN!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Salsa at 5:35PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
kitty17
Hey salsa? Do you mind putting the role names in bold. It's kinda hard to find them by just skimming sometimes.
will do.
RAGE!
ParkerFarker at 5:35PM, July 23, 2009
(online)
Exzachly
vote goes to whoever

to whomever my good fellow. Only some of us are barbarians.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
kitty17 at 5:38PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
But at least I am not a sociopath, like Kitty17!

GASP! WHO TOLD YOU!?

I mean…how could you say that D:

I'm heart broken.

Salsa
will do.

Thank ye very much.

harkovast at 5:44PM, July 23, 2009
(online)
Kitty17 the problem with calling the bad guys sociopaths is that it is hard to tell if I am describing the player, or the role (or both, as in your case!)
I will have to refer to the bad guys as orcs so I can keep everything clear!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Salsa at 5:46PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
So far TheFlyingGreenMonkey is in the led followed by Gullas. Killerbob and Humorman are tied for third
RAGE!
kitty17 at 5:50PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
Oh right the role, lol.
Hey, I'm not both D:

In that case I declare a retaliating blame.

I declareth that Harkovast is an Agent of Evil. Just look at the avi. It OOZES evil.

Salsa at 5:50PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Kitty17 the problem with calling the bad guys sociopaths is that it is hard to tell if I am describing the player, or the role (or both, as in your case!)
I will have to refer to the bad guys as orcs so I can keep everything clear!
That's “ork” not “orc”
RAGE!
kitty17 at 5:52PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
I thought it was “Orc” too o:

Salsa at 5:54PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
kitty17
I decided to use the Warhammer 40K spelling. (Hark, if you have no idea what WH 40K is, I am gonna personally go to england and beat you with a source book after I buy one!)
RAGE!
KillerBob at 6:03PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
VOTE TFGM LORD! BECAUSE FRANKLY ITS GETTING BEYOND A JOKE AND HE DESERVES A TURN!
And being a townie for what seems the fifth time isn't a bad joke? Vote Bob!
My name is Bob and I kill things. Things like: moments, moods, norms, rules, and people.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Hakoshen at 6:18PM, July 23, 2009
(offline)
Well, I'm not important this time. Really. So whatever.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
waff at 6:22PM, July 23, 2009
(online)
Salsa
kitty17
I decided to use the Warhammer 40K spelling. (Hark, if you have no idea what WH 40K is, I am gonna personally go to england and beat you with a source book after I buy one!)
heh the 40k orks are awesome *yell*'it it with a choppa!*/yell*.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Exzachly at 6:23PM, July 23, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
Exzachly
vote goes to whoever
to whomever my good fellow. Only some of us are barbarians.
Egads! A most grievous error on my part! D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon