MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XVIII: This is Halloween
Niccea at 5:37PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
rokulily
i'm still working on it… A lot happens and i'm trying to do justice to things…
That means people died.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
harkovast at 5:42PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Damn it! If you ungrateful bastards killed me there will trouble!

Fire me?
I MADE THE BBC!

(There's a Father Ted quote that no one outside the UK will get)

Like I was saying though, this KK update is bad ass!
http://www.drunkduck.com/Kombat_Kubs/index.php?p=632003
It has bullet dodging limbo and everything!
(I have to plug while I can before rokulily kills me off with her evil narrations!)

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
Exzachly at 5:43PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
harkovast
*Is above that kind of crude materialism. Got out of the rat race years ago so he can smugly gloat about the pointlessness of capitalism while profiting from books he writes on the subject.*
*dismisses your book entirely. Anything not written in Latin isn't worth reading*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
harkovast at 5:46PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
*is rather smug to be taking part in the fightsplosion contest*

http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?cid=237&tid=51181&pid=734844#734844

(Seriously though, I am taking on our old friend pastel, who has bags of talent, so give it a look!)

Product Placement at 6:14PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Niccea
rokulily
i'm still working on it… A lot happens and i'm trying to do justice to things…
That means people died.
But there aren't that many kill roles out there yet. We currently have three monsters and two hunters. Therefore only max number of 5 people can be killed. Since the monsters are more in the business of recruiting rather then killing then that's actually only two deaths max. Since the monster hunter can only kill monster minions (and there currently are not minions out there), then I recommend that he go read the rules if he was rash enough to send in a kill request.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
harkovast at 6:16PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
PP i know you sent a kill order to getrid of me!
And Zach was in on it too!
And Hak! He has his fingers in all the pies around here!

Damn you all!

Hakoshen at 6:31PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
harkovast

Damn you all!

/shocked and appalled

I'm not up to anything, I swear! When my corpse is found you'll all see the only thing I'm guilty of is survival! Long live the revolution!

Read Harkovast! It'll change your life.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Product Placement at 6:34PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
harkovast

Damn you all!
I wouldn't be surprised if I get a report tonight, saying that I was recruited by all three monster leaders.

That actually gives me an idea for a unique role. Introducing:

The hybrid
Few villagers in Townston (about 2-3) have a unique genetic variant that allows them to be infected by more then one strain of monsterism. However, should that happen that individual will become more beast then a man. Whatever small sense of humanity that the other monsters have will be completely gone in the hybrid.
I'm better then you:
A hybrid will not be considered to be a part of the monsters that recruited him. He works alone. In addition to that, the Hybrid should also be considered to be a new monster leader and thus equally as hard to kill.
You're gonna have to do better than that:
The hybrid has super fast regenerative powers. A hybrid effectively has 2 lives and regenerates 1 live per day/night cycle. A lynch, Van Helsing or a rival monster leader are the only ones who can hurt him and he has to be attacked at least twice during a whole day/night cycle in order to kill him.
Examples: If the hybrid is attacked by two monster leaders or a monster leader + Van Helsing, he will die. If a hybrid is successfully lynched and then attacked by a rival monster leader the following night, he will die. If the hybrid was only attacked once during the night and wasn't lynched the previous or following day, the life that he lost will be regained and he's back to full health.
Not everyone can handle my life style:
Becoming a hybrid is not for everyone. Anyone who's attacked by the hybrid will die from the strain that comes with the extreme transformation that the body has to go through. However other villagers(or monsters) that have the hybrid potential and is attacked by the hybrid will become hybrids themselves.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
harkovast at 6:37PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
I really like this monster version of mafia.
I fidn the secret construction of armies very exciting.
Since in thsi game that isn't really happening very much so far (the monsters all suck balls!), I would gladly vote for anyone who wants to run another monster game after this one.

Product Placement at 6:42PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
In that case Hark, let's give a warm hand to TFGM for introducing the concept to us.

Here you go.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 6:46PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
Is that an undercooked beef rib or something much more terrifying?
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 6:48PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
What? You've never seen a boiled arm before?

…kids these days.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
rokulily at 6:49PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Night 2
It was going to be a quiet evening, thought Van Helsing to himself. Just in recruit, save the day, blah-blah-blah. In fact if the monster didn’t force people into being their subjects the Van Helsing didn’t see why they needed to be destroyed. Well, except Nosferatu who had totally killed his old mentor. I mean, just because people are different doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be able to get along, right?… Ah well, I’ve got a job to do, sighed the Van Helsing approaching a door.

“You there! Good person of Townston! I am enlisting your help to rid this town of mons…ters?!”

The Van Helsing stood agape. The Ghoul stared back equally surprised.

“MONSTER!”

“W-wait a minute here! How did you find me so fast?!” Asked the Ghoul stunned.

“Um… Well- I was actually here to ask if you would be a hunter but never did I imagine that YOU were all along the Ghoul… Oh gosh, what should I do?”

“sigh, I have the WORST LUCK. First I’m over shadowed by the ghoul which was like, super grotesque. Then on my first hunt I mess up and collide with that Nosferatu guy who pretty much calls me lazy- and you know, it really isn’t easy being a zombie and NOW you! Forget this, the only good part about being a zombie is killing stuff and I guess I’ll have to start with YOU!”

The Ghoul flung themselves at the hunter tearing the weapons off first before biting into the hunter’s left shoulder- only to be met with chainmail.

“Ha! That’s something my old teacher taught me! Always wear silver chainmail! I hope your mouth burns!”

“Fool! Silver affects only werewolves! And while it is a nuisance, that is all it is to me! After all, silver breaks so easily…” the Ghoul picks up a metal tube by their feet. “And melts just- as – well!” Turning the torch at the Van Helsing who managed to dodge most of the fire but collided into wall.

“Tell me hunter! Would you do any different! This device was made to destroy the likes of me wasn’t it! Oh, the irony of how it will destroy YOU!” The Ghoul grabbed the young Van Helsing and threw them into the nearby closet locking the door with a well placed chair. “Never again shall I be burned! No more ashes! No more dust to dust! This time I will win! And you hunter, will be the FIRST to go…” The ghoul walked out the door throwing the torch behind them. Taking the time to lock up like it was just going for a stroll the Ghoul glanced into the nearby window to check to see if the chair was still in place… It was. The ghoul smiled to itself smugly to set off to find a victim. It was time to start this party after all…

Yeah, nope keep reading

Meanwhile the Van Helsing, still locked in the closet was regaining his senses…

“Ugh, where am I? And is that… Smoke?”

Light from the raging fire shown in the crack of the door. A closet. He was in a burning locked in closet. And he thought tonight was going to be dull.

“I’m going to die… I’m going to be burned alive and die. I’m not ready for this! What should I do?! What should I do!?” screamed the Helsing desperately pounding on the door. The fire had charred the wooden chair holding the door and the Van Helsing pounding made it break and give way. The door fell opening and the Van Helsing crashed out into the inferno.

“A door, a door- gotta find a way!”

Seeing the front door close nearby he reached to grab the handle but the fire had heated it and it burn his flesh.
“AHHHHHHhhhHHHh!” Tears rushed to his eyes, he tried to remember what his teacher had said ‘a door is but a window-‘ the window! There! A window! He ran towards it at breaking speed, jumped and braced for impact. The window broke, shards cutting into his arms and legs but he was at least free from the fire.

Ripping off pieces from his cloak he tended his wounds as quickly as he could. After all, he had a zombie to kill and he didn’t have much time. He reached into his left shoe a retrieved a small hand gun with 3 silver bullets. Sure silver chainmail might not do much for a zombie, thought the hunter, but a bullet through the brain, well, it didn’t matter if the bullet was silver or not-did it?

He heard a scream. Why don’t you just stick a giant ‘I’m right here sign’, thought the hunter setting off towards the noise.

He arrived in time to see the limb body of a newly turned zombie but the Ghoul was nowhere in sight, a waste of a bullet but problem for a later day solved the hunter carefully fired a bullet into the spinal cord rendering the creation useless. The shot, in turn, alerted the Ghoul- who assumed it was the fledgling hunter of the Van Helsing. Eagar to be rid of all hunters the Ghoul rushed into the clearing only to be meet by the Van Helsing themselves.

“Shouldn’t you be dead?!”

“Shouldn’t you?” replied Van Helsing firing a bullet into the head of the Ghoul. The Ghoul collapsed onto the ground writhing slightly. The Van Helsing strode over firing the last bullet point blank into the ghouls brain spattering in the street. “Double tap”, whispered the Van Helsing walking back to his hideout to treat his cuts and burns. “We’ll burn you in the morning.”

Kitty17 the Ghoul is DEAD

“You there!” cried out the Nosferatu pointing at a random person on the street. “I order you to be a vampire!”

“Do I have to sparkle?”

“No, it IS optional- though you’ll have less fangirls”

“Eh, they’d all be twilight freaks anyway. Okay I’m in.”

“Excellent!”

There’s a new baby vampire on the streets!

The red moon was full, a perfect night for werewolves thought the Alpha Male. In fact the only thing that could make this night MORE perfect is if there were MORE werewolves. So he went out in search for victim to strengthen his pack.

He spied one that looked good. Yes, a smart fellow- one who would be quite an asset to his team. Product Placement. Should be an easy turn he thought to himself. Which is why what came next was quite a surprise to the alpha.

As the werewolf approached Product Placement quickly punched the Alpha in the face then delivered a dier kick to the groan as in accordance to his new training. The monster, quick to recover from this assault, proceeds to bite into Product’s arm for the turn but misses when the would be victim smashes a rock into the werewolf’s head. Unsure of what to do next Product decides it’s best to run away and report the near turn to his Van Helsing.

Product Placement gets away!

Running back to the Van Helsing to report his findings he is met with disapproval.

“You had him on the ropes and you let him get away?” asked the Van Helsing.

“but-!”

“No buts! I just torched the Ghoul- It was gross, emotionally scarring and I am done for tonight.”

“Yes but-!”

“DONE. YOU need to go out there and face your fears. I’ve taught you everything I know; now it’s time for you to get some experience!”

“But I can’-!”

“GO”

“Fine!”

Product Placement left the hideout grumbling about all the injustice. He decided if he was going to make it through the night he would need to give his best. 100% and all that. He’d faced scores of mafia so what was one little Alpha Male? Just a giant blood thirsty furry with like a thousand teeth and razor claws. Oh god what had he gotten himself into? Maybe it wasn’t too late, maybe he could make it back to safety…

But he had no such luck. With the mere thought of the best he heard rustling in the bushes. He knew that the creature must’ve gotten his scent from the previous encounter and had been searching for him. This was going to be impossible. He reached for his gun and fired a shot to lure the beast out before it got into a position to strike but the werewolf had anticipated this and did not move. It was a stare down.

Not even, thought Product Placement. This is a cat toying with a mouse before the kill. I- I refuse to go down like that!

So in a desperate move he fired a round into the bushes in a haphazardly fashion. It worked, the beast was flushed out but kept a distance, seemingly dancing around the bullets egging Product on until… click. Click! Click, click, click! He was out of ammo… Silver bullets weren’t cheap and due to the nearly endless supply that mafia guns had he had forgotten that these guns had VERY limited ammo.

The Alpha Male had waited for this and toke this opportunity to strike. Pouncing onto his prey, Product Placement was slammed into the street while the monster dug his claw into his victims stomach. Lost in the thrill of the kill the wolf gripped Product limp body ripped in two throwing the halves to either end of the blood spattered street. Calmed down enough now to realize the situation the Alpha bounded off, pausing only to look back with a evil wolfish grin at the slain.

Product Placement the Monster Hunter and bodyguard is DEAD

The scary movie fan rushed onto the scene just in time to see the silhouette of the werewolf in the moonlight and what remained of Product Placement. He had been charged with the task of keep this brave soul alive yet he had waited too long, fearing that if ventured out into the night alone that a monster would surely kill him instead. He knelt by the bloody remains, a corpse smeared out over the street and whispered his apologies.

Night 2 is over…
Day 3 Begins!

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
rokulily at 6:53PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
it probably shouldn't have taken so long but yeah- there it is. In all it's massive glory or something…
harkovast at 6:54PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Well at least the ghouls dead!
PP was a good guy? It is almost too strange to believe!

Hakoshen at 6:55PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
rokulily
a lot

Awesome. Simply awesome.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 7:01PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
I always approve of narrations that spend half the time talking about me.

Then again, I don't approve of narrations where I die.

Naturally, I'm conflicted on this one.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:07PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
rokulily
it probably shouldn't have taken so long but yeah- there it is. In all it's massive glory or something…

You assualted us with words! My eyes! XD

Okay I can't really go about solving clues right now…I'm at work but when I get back on I'll have a go at them ;D

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
therealtj at 7:13PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Hey! One monster down!

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Exzachly at 7:19PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
So what exactly happened with kitty? Van Helsing tried to recruit kitty and since she was a monster she died from it?
rokulily at 7:26PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Exzachly
So what exactly happened with kitty? Van Helsing tried to recruit kitty and since she was a monster she died from it?

yup, pretty much.

also Hakoshen, thank you
and PP, yeah, it's well placed confusion
AND TFGM a LOT HAPPENED! I was just trying to do justice to the slain is all.
Product Placement at 7:28PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Exzachly
It's written in the rules that if Van Helsing attempts to recruit a monster, he will kill him instead.

The plus side is that his action won't be wasted. The downside is that his recruiting action is considered spent and thus he won't be able to recruit more hunters.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Retaya at 7:33PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
Wow. Tonight was bloody. O:
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
rokulily at 7:40PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Retaya

Some nights are and some nights aren't but you get used to it- though the far weirdest night was when there were negative deaths.
Product Placement at 7:43PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
rokulily
Some nights are and some nights aren't but you get used to it- though the far weirdest night was when there were negative deaths.
Yeah… good times.

That was actually a very fun game sine we can take into account that there were also nights where quarter of the town died in one go.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
seventy2 at 7:45PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
i was going to watch over product placement…but uh. yeah. you guys suck.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Exzachly at 7:47PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Another question…. when Nosferatu recruited, do the clues point to Nosferatu or the new vampire?
rokulily at 7:53PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Exzachly
Another question…. when Nosferatu recruited, do the clues point to Nosferatu or the new vampire?

Nosferatu
Hakoshen at 8:21PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
rokulily
The Alpha Male had waited for this and toke this opportunity to strike. Pouncing onto his prey, Product Placement was slammed into the street while the monster dug his claw into his victims stomach. Lost in the thrill of the kill the wolf gripped Product limp body ripped in two throwing the halves to either end of the blood spattered street. Calmed down enough now to realize the situation the Alpha bounded off, pausing only to look back with a evil wolfish grin at the slain.
Retaya

And I'M the Spartan. Yeah.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 8:32PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
rokulily
“You there!” cried out the Nosferatu pointing at a random person on the street. “I order you to be a vampire!”

“Do I have to sparkle?”

“No, it IS optional- though you’ll have less fangirls”

“Eh, they’d all be twilight freaks anyway. Okay I’m in.”

“Excellent!”
The new vampire will do well to not sparkle around like some fag.

The only one who has ever managed to make sparkling look good is Lois Armstrong - the greatest man that has ever walked the Earth. Few would be worthy enough to be in the same room as his muscles.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon