Comic Talk and General Discussion *

NFL and the Superbowl.
Ozoneocean at 11:00PM, Feb. 2, 2009
(online)
But could the same manoeuvres be done in Grid iron without the protection and not result in more severe injury than what you get in Rugby?

I hear of a lot of broken bones of all sorts in rugby, flattened faces and ears torn off etc, but I tend to hear of more deaths and paraplegia in Grid Iron; normally from head and spine injury…

I'd imagine that the helmets and shoulder pads encourage activities that lead in that direction?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Bekefel at 12:44AM, Feb. 3, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
But could the same manoeuvres be done in Grid iron without the protection and not result in more severe injury than what you get in Rugby?

I hear of a lot of broken bones of all sorts in rugby, flattened faces and ears torn off etc, but I tend to hear of more deaths and paraplegia in Grid Iron; normally from head and spine injury…

I'd imagine that the helmets and shoulder pads encourage activities that lead in that direction?

Indeed.

I would feel more comfortable smashing you over the back of the head with a baseball bat if you were wearing a motorcycle helmet.
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
DMH at 3:50AM, Feb. 3, 2009
(offline)
Bekefel
ozoneocean

Indeed.

I would feel more comfortable smashing you over the back of the head with a baseball bat if you were wearing a motorcycle helmet.

I've seen some of the moves these players do and a lot of the time I cringe when I watch some guy going for a fall that looks like it's about to break his neck. And the biggest problem about that is that it's considered a clean tackle from what I've seen (I don't watch much).

Can't they, I don't know, introduce a few more rules that won't result in as many broken bones and head trauma?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon